Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mitch vs. Lundergren Grimes

Re: Mitch vs. Lundergren Grimes

I would like to see a bigger lead than that. When all the dead people and illegals get through voting, it could wipe that lead out.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    I would like to see a bigger lead than that. When all the dead people and illegals get through voting, it could wipe that lead out.
    JMO but she didn't stand a chance.

Mitch vs. Lundergren Grimes

Good job Ky, 14 points was a lot bigger than the polls suggested. Bad news for you guys is she's back in Frankfort w/ a chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

So many were skeptical of the 2012 Presidential polls and they were laughed at when the election was over. But when so many polls are so off throughout the country, like they were last night, it feeds the skepticism on their accuracy.

Jack Conway was smart to stay away from 2014. In hindsight, no one was going to beat Mitch this election cycle. The guy's too disciplined, too tough and too well-funded, and the anti-Obama crest was too high.

Now Grimes is damaged goods. She showed she was not ready for the big stage. She can forget about running for Governor or any type of federal office anytime soon. Probably run for SoS again and lay low for awhile.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 11-05-2014 at 09:27 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Oh, and this is awesome:

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I think a real outsider may have been able to beat Mitch, but not a pretty face who has been born and raised in the inner sanctum of a political party that she can't distance herself from enough to get away from Obama.

She was a delegate to the convention, cast her vote for Obama and is funded through the national party so she couldn't get very far away from them with the purse strings attached. A true outsider, like the upset GOP candidate in Virginia, I think could have done it b/c Mitch is stale and not well liked as a long time member of an unpopular Congress, but it would have to be someone who was well financed AND not tied to Obama in any way.

That's a tough order b/c the only people who were going to fund a run at Mitch were going to be Obama people. I don't see how a candidate could have raised the money and run the race without that outside lefty financial support, and how you take that money and then run pro coal and against Obamacare, etc.

Maybe there's hope after all, with this repudiation of big government and leftism. That's not all it was but maybe, just maybe the GOP can put forth some mainstream but libertarian rooted policies and dare Obama to veto them and go down with the ship.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Extremely important victories for the GOP last night and not just Mitch. It will balance the power when a Dem wins the presidency again in the next election.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I don't want to start a new thread, but what's going on with Alaska? What's the delay?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

badrose, the Alaska news is reporting that there are still a boatload of absentee ballots to be counted

Alaska
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 11-05-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    I don't want to start a new thread, but what's going on with Alaska? What's the delay?
    They are notoriously slow due to geography. The republican has a big lead last I heard but huge state with poor transportation system makes quick tabulation of results slow

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Thanks, guys. Makes sense.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

I don't think it mattered what Dem ran against Mitch, Obama's policies were on the ballot more so than any single candidate.

A really telling statistic out of the election was how close many of the Senate elections were in states that were deemed blue locks, like Virginia and New Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    They're busy legalizing weed...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    They're busy smoking weed...

Fixed it for you. ;-)
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Fixed it for you. ;-)
    In fairness a lot of Alaska is only getting 6-7 hours of daylight this time of year. Not a whole lot to do. lol
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Sister in law was a nurse in the service and stationed in AK for a couple of years. I talked her off the ledge a couple of times on the phone while she was there. The twilight for months on end can really mess a person up.
    seeya
    dan

I'm one of the biggest night owls I know and I'm not sure I could take it. Avoiding the early sun hours is one thing, not having the option of any of them for 6 months is another.

seeya
    dan

Fab Five

54 would be nice.

Read an article today about the leadership vacuum in the Democrat Party created by Obama. Barry has led them over the cliff. Hillary is the only candidate for President with any name recognition or visible support. She may have more downside than upside. The 2010 and 2014 off year elections have wiped the Dems out of Governors and Senators who could put up a fight against Clinton. They have nothing but losers or retreads. Brown is too old to run. Cuomo shows no interest in running. Biden? Seriously? Biden? Eric Holder? Wasserman Shultz? Who?

Looks like Hillary to me. Bring it on baby!

Rupp's Runt

It probably will be Hillary. But if anything about Benghazi gets thrown out and sticks to her she's toast especially after all the foreign policy fiascos, and ALL of the other nonsense coming out of Obama's camp.

But then again, Gruber said Americans are stupid, so maybe that witch does have a good chance of getting elected.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    It probably will be Hillary. But if anything about Benghazi gets thrown out and sticks to her she's toast especially after all the foreign policy fiascos, and ALL of the other nonsense coming out of Obama's camp.

But then again, Gruber said Americans are stupid, so maybe that witch does have a good chance of getting elected.
    part of beating her will be to do just what was done this election, tie her to Obama. Not too hard to do since she was his Sec of State during multiple foreign policy debacles and the seeding of many more future ones.

I'd like to have more on her than that, but it's a start.

Rupp's Runt

Oh, absolutely. She was his Secretary of State, therefore his worldwide emmissary(sp?) and his spokesperson. She was, she did, no getting around that. There's video evidence everywhere.

I am hoping that Obama & Benghazi will be the albatross around her neck that sinks her.
    MOLON LABE!

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Hillary can not run from Obama to far. But she will try. As evidence by Grimes, democrats were running against as much as away from the President durng the mid-terms.

Part of that is due to the President's unpopularity with so many. But key Hillary supporters like Grimes or Diane Feinstein are trying to move the party away from the President so Hillary will appear to be an agent of change as opposed to a continuation of democrats in the White House.

At first I thought Feinstein was legitimately concerned about US foreign policy when she was critical of the President. But I do think it has more to do with positioning for Hillary than anything. Politics as usual.

While the mid-terms were a big loss for the democrats, for Hillary the Republican victory is seen as an opportunity. God help this country is another Clinton makes it to the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    part of beating her will be to do just what was done this election, tie her to Obama. Not too hard to do since she was his Sec of State during multiple foreign policy debacles and the seeding of many more future ones.

I'd like to have more on her than that, but it's a start.