Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Let's parse some Cal quotes! Or: are we looking at Cal's last year?

From DeCoursey's article:

“Four kids said they need us and me to help them get more prepared for the rest of their lives,” Calipari said Monday. “If I came back after the date and left … tough move. If it was your son, how would you feel? ‘That rat, we could have left, why didn’t he tell us?’ “

Calipari said that was the reason he declined the NBA jobs. “Solely," as he put it.

And then, in typical Calipari fashion, he provided several more reasons why he stayed, including the opportunity to repeat or exceed over the next five years the accomplishments from his first five seasons: three Final Fours, two championship games, one NCAA title, 15 first-round draft picks.
    So which part is coachspeak? That he came back "solely" for the 4? The qualifier after? All of it? None of it?

I tend to think he responded with more candor than he meant to, then tried to walk it back with the other stuff.

So are we looking at Cal's last season at UK?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Let's parse some Cal quotes! Or: are we looking at Cal's last year?

uk is going to win the NCAA title and Cal will be coaching Anthony Davis or John Wall within the next couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    From DeCoursey's article:

So which part is coachspeak? That he came back "solely" for the 4? The qualifier after? All of it? None of it?

I tend to think he responded with more candor than he meant to, then tried to walk it back with the other stuff.

So are we looking at Cal's last season at UK?
    Contrary to what many think, I think there is a very good chance of that.

Fiddlin' Five

If it is John Wall, you can bet he will be angling for a reunion of Boogie with JW

The recruiting pressures and the BBN Spotlight have taken a huge toll on Cal……

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Cal is as happy as he has ever been. His "massive" ego folks allude to will PREVENT him from jumping to the NBA; it will not
    be the reason he ever leaves UK. There is no better job in basketball than UK...Cal knows it.

Darryl

I hope he doesn't go any time soon, but he's not the only coach that can win big at UK. That said, his strength is accumulating talent and the NBA will offer a whole different set of challenges. Only way I see him leaving is if he meets his goals as a college coach and wants another shot to prove himself at the next level. My gut tells me he's after more than one more title.

If we win a title or two and Cal can walk into a situation to coach an NBA contender with some ownership tied to it...i'm betting he is gone. Those are a lot of Ifs though.
    Go Cats!

I still buy into his statements about his love for helping kids realize their dreams, and moving to the NBA would be baby sitting grown men who have already realized their dreams....Just say'n, I think he's here for a while (5+ years), he enjoys the college level way too much. Plus he gets to stick it to the likes of Emmert and his henchmen every chance he gets which I really think he enjoys more than anything.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Recruit

I really hope that Cal will stay at UK until he retires. I don't think we can find a better coach than Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by UKStucat View Post
    I really hope that Cal will stay at UK until he retires. I don't think we can find a better coach than Cal.
    I agree. I can't think of any coach in the game who could replace him that we could expect similar results. Add an anticipated outstanding year this year and the t run we have had had been remarkable.

I think he's in a situation now where he is going to have very good players coming back for 2nd and 3rd years, in addition to 5* players coming in every year. Coach Calipari has this going in the direction now that he thought it would be going in until guys like Teague bolted for the NBA. And that's not intended as a knock on MT, it's just what happens at inopportune times. But now it seems the situation may have finally leveled out and perhaps become more 'stable'. At least that's how I see it. I hope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EMCCorp
    Last edited by kathi; 11-24-2014 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathi View Post
    I think he's in a situation now where he is going to have very good players coming back for 2nd and 3rd years, in addition to 5* players coming in every year. Coach Calipari has this going in the direction now that he thought it would be going in until guys like Teague bolted for the NBA. And that's not intended as a knock on MT, it's just what happens at inopportune times. But now it seems the situation may have finally leveled out and perhaps become more 'stable'. At least that's how I see it. I hope.
    Good points, and I hope you are correct.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain