Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Top 10 (bottom 10?) Most corrupt states in the U.S.

Top 10 (bottom 10?) Most corrupt states in the U.S.

http://fortune.com/2014/06/10/most-c...ca/?xid=ob_rss

Try to guess what they are before clicking the link.

Top 10 (bottom 10?) Most corrupt states in the U.S.

Illinois Louisiana and California would be my guesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Re: Top 10 (bottom 10?) Most corrupt states in the U.S.

No place is more corrupt than Louisiana! No place!

If Louisiana and Illinois aren't 1 and 1a the list is fixed, probably by politicians in Louisiana and Illinois. I'll click now and see wha they say.

Won't be surprised to see Texas in the top 5 or so either, politics look pretty rough there from what I can tell.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I clicked now and I can't argue too much with that list. Some, not much. I won't comment and give it away for folks just yet.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

My picks...

Illinois, Louisiana, New Jersey, Alaska, Mississippi, Kentucky, Michigan, Hawaii, New York, Nevada

Outside of the top 5 the rest are not in any sort of order.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I clicked now and I can't argue too much with that list. Some, not much. I won't comment and give it away for folks just yet.
    I wasn't shocked.

I question the validity. The study is skewed against states with lower population numbers per square mile, and favors higher population density. Highway expenditures should have nothing to do with corruption. Obviously states without huge metro areas will spend more money per capita on highway projects than states with a lot of big metro areas.

Unforgettable

One if the problems with that study is the length of time, starting in 1976. Ill and Louisiana are far worse than ms will ever even think of being. But in the 80's Ms had a ton of officials, mainly local county people, get arrested for all kinds of things, which skews that ranking.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Illinois and Louisiana have to be near the top. I expect Texas to be bad as well. Heck, Davy Crockett has voted in the last 8 presidential elections and rumor has it casted a vote for Jefferson Davis as well.

Recruit

It really would not surprise me if Kentucky is in the top 10. Also I don't think many states are more corrupt than Louisiana as well as Illinois. Chicago has always caused Illinois to have a bad name when it comes to political corruption.