Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

View Poll Results: worse president since ww 2

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • obama

17 65.38%
  • bush 2

3 11.54%
  • clinton

0 0%
  • bush 1

0 0%
  • reagan

0 0%
  • carter

3 11.54%
  • ford

0 0%
  • nixon

0 0%
  • lbj

3 11.54%
  • kennedy

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worse President

Worse President

New poll out has current POTUS as worse since WWII. While I'm not a fan of his I'm not sure I agree. We got some good choices here

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/20...ew-poll-shows/
    Last edited by Doc; 07-03-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

One and Done

Re: Worse President

I voted for O but Carter is a close second. O wins in my mind simply due to his refusal to enforce the laws of the land and his inability to lead or build consensus. Government by Presidential fiat is very un-democratic and frankly un-American.

Note that the poll is public meaning you can see who folks chose. I picked Carter, barely. LBJ was also a consideration. But to me when you look back under Carter we had the Iran hostage debacle, American's held for over a year, the rescue attempt that was a joke, a foreign policy that makes Obama's look like a war monger. an Olympic boycott, interest rates at 20%, a lemonade stand on the white house lawn, Billy Beer, a faux energy crisis, etc.... Only a president as inept as Carter could lose the huge momentum that the democrats had 6 years after a Republican president was impeached and forced out of the white house.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

I voted the "O"meister, but seriously considered both Carter & LBJ. While both of them were terrible presidents in many respects, I am not sure that either would intentionally & knowingly put non-military American citizens at willfulness risk like this current POTUS seems to love to do. Or how he loves to run from real problems and then has the nerve to tell us that's not what's really happening. Among ALL of the other un-American things he loves to do while rubbing our faces in it.
    2. LBJ
    3. "Jimma" Carter
    MOLON LABE!

Super Kitten

Not surprised how this is going, on here when in doubt go with the Democrat...

I picked Bush 2, mainly because I feel that he did even less for the economy than Obama has done, and Bush 2 got us into some wars that killed a whole lot of people and I am not sure they were ever justified and mostly started based on misleading the public or down right lies. Obama's foreign policy decisions have been terrible but to me Bush 2 has him beat...slightly...Also picked Bush 2 because I was to young to know much about Carter except what I have heard second hand, so I don't think I can honestly judge him since I was but a wee lad when he was President(4-8 years old). I guess I also blame Obama's inability to lead or build consensus on Congress and the Republicans who refuse to compromise with Obama. I see that Obama seems to be more willing to compromise, but the Tea Party element of the Republican Party hates Obama so much and they are some much believes of "their way or the highway" they have paralyzed Congress to getting anything done. Also this stupid thing about Obama's executive orders is just plain asinine, so when other Presidents did the exact same thing he is doing, and at high rates than Obama no one bats an eye, as I, an avid political follower, have never heard many, if any complaints about executive orders before Obama, but when Obama does it he is being imperial, he is being a king, he is un-American, it is government by Presidential fiat, it is un-democratice. So if he is un-American, un-democratic, and ruling by Presidential fiat, for his EO stuff, I would hate to see how un-American, and un-democratic, you feel every President for the last 100 years or so is...

http://www.newsweek.com/embarrassing...g-obama-256509

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/politics...tml/?a=viewall

Not that any of you probably care, but here is my ranking of Presidents since I became aware of such things:

1. Reagan (to young to vote for)
    2. Clinton (voted for once)
    3. Bush 1 (voted for once - his reelection try was my first Presidential Vote)
    4. Obama (voted for twice)
    5. Bush 2 (voted for twice)
    Last edited by MTcatfan; 07-03-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    Its FOOTBALL time in the Bluegrass...and some basketball talk!!!!

I thought no president could be worse than Carter, Obama proved me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MTcatfan View Post
    Not surprised how this is going, on here when in doubt go with the Democrat...
    I'd vote for Bush (one of the two) as the worse if it weren't for Carter, Obama and LBJ. Back when Clinton was President, I felt he was a fairly good president despite him being a democrat and a moral pig and liar. I also liked Nixon who is now seen as some type of slug but prior to Watergate most felt he was a good President. Kennedy wasn't as popular pre-assassination as he was post assassination. However since I don't agree with the democratic agenda its no shock that I wouldn't see the agenda the democrats put forth as poor. Still, Obama and Carter have both not only show to put forth those agenda's but also poor leadership qualities. Obama's main strategy has been to blame everybody but himself, claim ignorance, kick the can down the road then claim its an old story. He has yet to take responsibility for anything and quick to blame everybody else for any problem, even ones of his own making. Sorry but that is piss poor leadership regardless of the policies. Carter let American sit in Iran 444 days and "negotiated". Within hours leaving office they were free. Why? Because he was a joke, a joke that other countries laughed at and did not respect. That has nothing to do with partisanship.

The implication that "go with the democrat" sort of short sells the intellect of the participants. Personally I think most of the folks on here support what they believe in a reasonable manner. I've been to sites where the blind allegiance to the party is there and it is sickening. Granted, there is some here but it PALES dramatically to some places. I can actually respect your selection of Bush if that is how you feel. You support the choice. I'm not going to blindly say its wrong and you made it because you're a liberal leftist etc.... but I will add that the senate and president are every bit as unwilling to compromise as the GOP. Harry Reid has yet to offer any compromises and has spent the last 6 years blocking anything and everything that the republicans have tried to do on the senate floor, even when they have given in to compromise, by failing to to put forth any and all of their proposal to the floor. Of course the media and president fail to note this, instead taking the narrative that it is only the obstructive republicans that are the problems rather than acknowledging that they too bear some of the blame. IMO a leader would do that. A leader would get to work with both sides and do what he needed to do to get something done rather than sit there and point fingers and stomp his feet because he didn't get his way. To me, a good leader is more about getting results rather than blaming others for the results you are not getting.
    Last edited by Doc; 07-03-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Super Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'd vote for Bush (one of the two) as the worse if it weren't for Carter, Obama and LBJ. Back when Clinton was President, I felt he was a fairly good president despite him being a democrat and a moral pig and liar. I also liked Nixon who is now seen as some type of slug but prior to Watergate most felt he was a good President. Kennedy wasn't as popular pre-assassination as he was post assassination. However since I don't agree with the democratic agenda its no shock that I wouldn't see the agenda the democrats put forth as poor. Still, Obama and Carter have both not only show to put forth those agenda's but also poor leadership qualities. Obama's main strategy has been to blame everybody but himself, claim ignorance, kick the can down the road then claim its an old story. He has yet to take responsibility for anything and quick to blame everybody else for any problem, even ones of his own making. Sorry but that is piss poor leadership regardless of the policies. Carter let American sit in Iran 444 days and "negotiated". Within hours leaving office they were free. Why? Because he was a joke, a joke that other countries laughed at and did not respect. That has nothing to do with partisanship.

The implication that "go with the democrat" sort of short sells the intellect of the participants. Personally I think most of the folks on here support what they believe in a reasonable manner. I've been to sites where the blind allegiance to the party is there and it is sickening. Granted, there is some here but it PALES dramatically to some places. I can actually respect your selection of Bush if that is how you feel. You support the choice. I'm not going to blindly say its wrong and you made it because you're a liberal leftist etc.... but I will add that the senate and president are every bit as unwilling to compromise as the GOP. Harry Reid has yet to offer any compromises and has spent the last 6 years blocking anything and everything that the republicans have tried to do on the senate floor, even when they have given in to compromise, by failing to to put forth any and all of their proposal to the floor. Of course the media and president fail to note this, instead taking the narrative that it is only the obstructive republicans that are the problems rather than acknowledging that they too bear some of the blame. IMO a leader would do that. A leader would get to work with both sides and do what he needed to do to get something done rather than sit there and point fingers and stomp his feet because he didn't get his way. To me, a good leader is more about getting results rather than blaming others for the results you are not getting.

Doc...that is why I put the poke smilie on there, I wasn't really all that serious about the Democrat thing. I mean from the list provided, it is a no brainer that 2 of the 3 best choices are Democrats, regardless of your political affiliation. As far as the dumbassery(I don't think that is a word, but I am making it up because it fits), goes on in Congress I guess I am just more ticked off at the Tea Party than I am with the Democrats or the traditional Republicans, so I put the blame solely on them. I just have no use for the Tea Party, and quite frankly my dealings with the Tea Party(and the Constitution Party, which is the original Tea Party in Montana, that was around way before the Tea Party became a thing), is mostly negative and if the Tea Party from the other parts of the country are like the Tea Party from my part of the country I could never, ever, ever support anything they were for. They claim they are for less government, and giving the government back to the country, but only as long as you agree with them. To me the Tea Party is not about less government, it is just about shuffling the government from controlling our lives in one way to shuffling the government to control our lives in THEIR image, which is not a government I could ever support.

Rupp's Runt

I could give Bush II a lot more leeway if he had taken a much harder line against the Democrat controlled Congress by using the line item veto. He also should have come down very hard on scumbags like Barney Frank and his complete failure to keep Fannie Mae & Freddy Mac in line instead of just allowing both to lend money to people who had no real ability to pay it back.
    Bush II was too soft in dealing with that version of Congress. He let them swing a lot of bad legislation and then signed off on most of it to appease them, not realizing that they(and he) was setting our country up for bad economic times ahead. He was working with a bunch of snakes who weren't going for the snake charmer routine.
    BOTH SIDES share the blame for what happened in the recession of 2008-2009. Just piss poor leadership & legislation all the way around.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by MTcatfan View Post
    Doc...that is why I put the poke smilie on there, I wasn't really all that serious about the Democrat thing. I mean from the list provided, it is a no brainer that 2 of the 3 best choices are Democrats, regardless of your political affiliation. As far as the dumbassery(I don't think that is a word, but I am making it up because it fits), goes on in Congress I guess I am just more ticked off at the Tea Party than I am with the Democrats or the traditional Republicans, so I put the blame solely on them. I just have no use for the Tea Party, and quite frankly my dealings with the Tea Party(and the Constitution Party, which is the original Tea Party in Montana, that was around way before the Tea Party became a thing), is mostly negative and if the Tea Party from the other parts of the country are like the Tea Party from my part of the country I could never, ever, ever support anything they were for. They claim they are for less government, and giving the government back to the country, but only as long as you agree with them. To me the Tea Party is not about less government, it is just about shuffling the government from controlling our lives in one way to shuffling the government to control our lives in THEIR image, which is not a government I could ever support.
    The sad thing concerning the Tea Party is that the original idea behind it was great but then it got bastardized by morons like Palin and others who looked to capitalize politically off an apolitical movement. I mean the entire idea behind the grass roots tea party movement was anti-establishment, plain ordinary folks thing. Then in steps the establishment which is exactly what it was against! Then they go about supporting a bunch of looney idiots like witches and folks with no common sense (or just sort of the same thing we already have).

For me, I put the blame on them all. I find the lack of any compromise where it should be, on BOTH sides. I do put it more on the left though. I have seen the GOP bend far more than the left. I've seen the right the compromise then the left burn then time and time again, only to have the GOP outraged and fall for it again. Personally I'm tired of the central government that is suppose to represent ALL Americans spend all its time blaming half the nation for all the problems. Both sides need to compromise. I don't expect my side to get everything they want. It shouldn't work that way. Unfortunately the current bunch of clowns we have don't understand that. Instead they are happy getting 99% what they want, not getting 1% then when the 99% fails they claim it didn't work because they only got 99% rather than 100% because the other side didn't give them it all!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I could give Bush II a lot more leeway if he had taken a much harder line against the Democrat controlled Congress by using the line item veto. He also should have come down very hard on scumbags like Barney Frank and his complete failure to keep Fannie Mae & Freddy Mac in line instead of just allowing both to lend money to people who had no real ability to pay it back.
    Bush II was too soft in dealing with that version of Congress. He let them swing a lot of bad legislation and then signed off on most of it to appease them, not realizing that they(and he) was setting our country up for bad economic times ahead. He was working with a bunch of snakes who weren't going for the snake charmer routine.
    BOTH SIDES share the blame for what happened in the recession of 2008-2009. Just piss poor leadership & legislation all the way around.
    You got that right. The left crafted the legislation and the right didn't object, and signed off on it. Both share the blame. Unfortunately its glossed over and only Bush is credited with the "economic meltdown".

Worse President

If I was to rate worse to best

Carter
    Obama
    Lbj
    Bush 1
    Bush 2
    Kennedy
    Ford
    Clinton
    Nixon
    Reagan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unforgettable

I just picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard at the very notion Obama tries to compromise with republicans and the republicans won't budge. Somebody must listen and believe everything Reid, pelosi's and Debbie Schultz says,

Like doc I thought the original thought process of those that started the tea party movement were correct. But now they are no different that the radical left. Watching what they have done in our republican seapnate race has made me turn totally away from them. This my way or the hwy is right out of the democrat play book. They started malicious lies about Cochran with no proof, got a stooge to sneak into Cochrans wife's room at her nursing home to take videos of her to support the lie of Cochran, at 76, having an affair with his executive secretary. The lady has been in the nursing home with Alzheimer's for 14 years and doesn't have a clue. The man behind it was a big tea party supporter. Nasty ads they ran, turned many off and into voting for Cochran such as myself. Their candidate said no room for compromise or reaching across the isle. He is a Trojan horse trial lawyer. The one thing Trent Lott always did was compromise and get things done. Reagan compromised. My side doesn't always have the best ideas.

Everyone hit the head, well almost everyone, on the presidents

LBJ was lining his pockets keeping Nam going. He was dirty and a bad president. Carter was a plain fool. Kennedy was a conservative democrat, would probably be a republican today. Nixon was a good president who ended the war, reached out to China. So he lied about a stupid breakin at democrat headquarters to get campaign info. Big deal, compared to the stuff they do today Nixon was petty and should not have been forced out.clinton lied and he is a hero. At least Clinton was impeached even if the senate failed to convict.
    IMO Bush 2 wasn't as bad as some make him out to be. He did try to stop Freddie and Fannie but was blocked by democrats. As far as Iraq, every major intelligence agency including Israel and Russia said Iraq had WMD. IMO they were smuggled out to Syria who has used them. They didn't have to be some enormous thing, Libya hid some of theirs under rose bushes. Bush had balls and took the fight to the terrorists just as Reagan did, Obama has laid down and helped destroy Iraq.

Like doc said, Obama blames everyone but himself. As sun said, Obama refuses to uphold the law and he continues to break the constitution. He should be in jail along with Holder

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I thought no president could be worse than Carter, Obama proved me wrong.
    Nuff said...
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

LBJ is the worst, and it's not even close.

Obama is 2nd, and that's not close either. The fundamental attack we've seen on the use of executive power and the massive expansion of regulation, mostly in the name of global warming and health care, will be nearly impossible to reverse. The permanence of it is what makes it so bad. I even lay Reid's move in the Senate on confirmation rules at his feet b/c clearly he is in charge of the party and if he says no it doesn't happen, he clearly wanted it and supported it, as part of a broad attempt to do what true socialists want: more concentrated government power without the checks and balances that protect from tyranny of the majority.

Not to mention a foreign policy that is really a non-existent "as long as it doesn't land on me" approach, tens of trillions more in debt, a health care system that is now well and truly broken and a level of acceptance of the use of force by government against political opponents that would make Nixon blush.

it's much worse than Carter. Carter was ineffectual but he didn't implement much of anything long term that couldn't be addressed, and wasn't addressed, by his successor. Getting the EPA back in their box will be very difficult, and unwinding and delivering a REAL health care solution even harder. In foreign policy Carter didn't create a massive immigration disaster that by the time he's gone will turn the US into one of those nations you see on TV with refugee camps and starving kids. the iran situation was bad but he didn't undo our relationship with Israel or Pakistan or the Saudis or the Baathists in Iraq, it was a survivable debacle and largely a result of a revolution that had been brewing for some time.

The worst though is LBJ. It's not close, not within a billion miles of close.

First, no other president has killed 50,000 Americans for no particular reason and still resulted in encouraging our enemies and weakening our nation. It takes a special kind of failure to do that, no other ill-conceived military action in US history has been nearly so bad. The Spanish American war, none of the others are close.

Also LBJ began the War on Poverty, what has become the modern centerpiece of thought for the leftist cause. It began the massive federal spending on direct welfare as opposed to the workfare of the New Deal. It was an utter failure and has doomed generations of Americans to being part of a permanent underclass.

the only offsetting accomplishment was the Civil Rights Act, but that was pushed by Kennedy and in reality the welfare state LBJ kicked off has done far more to damage the black community of America than the Civil Rights Act probably did to help it. He warmly embraced the "victim society" mindset, and no one seemed to notice that his views were not really different than those of slaveholders of the old South when they argued that blacks were best kept as slaves b/c they were children who couldn't care for themselves. The pouring of money into places like East St. Louis was all for naught b/c it changed from the free market approach of trying to provide jobs and industry and economic growth to just spending government money directly. when the money stops you find there is no foundation be it in the family or the city or whatever the target, so the money never stops or it all falls apart. Nothing is ever built.

So he was even more instrumental in the expansion of federal government into our lives and wallets and in the class stratification of American society enforced by the government dole, and he killed 50,000 Americans and forever damaged the lives of so many more.

But Obama is clearly second. He's a REAL LIFE socialist, no jokes or dumb political ads but a real socialist who believes in government centralized everything, and has done as much as he could get done to make America the exact kind of nation our Founders fought to escape.

Obama believes in absolutely NONE of the guiding principles on which this nation was founded. Individual liberty, freedom, opportunity, the right to pursue your own dreams are all inconsequential to him when compared with his view of government enforced social justice. A true leftist and too many Americans simply cannot see it b/c the word "socialist" was thrown towards guys like Carter and such who were liberals but certainly not socialists, and the American notion that nothing is as extreme as people claim.

"You didn't build that" belied his entire mindset. It was not the individual building a business, it was the dirty capitalist exploiting the workers to get ahead. He's far closer to Marx than to Adams.

Sometimes something is as extreme as it seems. Carter wasn't, even LBJ wasn't a socialist, he was just an idiot with no particular philosophy, but Obama is a real life card carrying indoctrinated socialist.

That he's still only #2 is a testament to just how LBJ was.

Oh, after that Nixon is #3, worse than Carter by far. Why? B/c he picked up the LBJ federal football and ran with it, creating the EPA and going off the gold standard among the many highlights. He got us out of Vietnam and had a far more effective foreign policy but the loss of the gold standard helped facilitate this massive government spending spree.

Carter is #4, Then Bush I, then bush II. I need to insert Kennedy and Ford somewhere.

clinton is the 2nd BEST we've had, and Reagan by far is the best president we've had since WWII. clinton was surprisingly limited in his expansion of government,and Reagan of course was the President who finally reframed the debate back to us trying to be America again. Clearly he should have started shooting leftists while we had the chance so they couldn't breed b/c here we are right back dealing with them.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 07-04-2014 at 10:10 AM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Clinton's administration was marked by a willingness to compromise. One big reason for economic success under Clinton was his being wiling to accept the Gingrich budgets.

Reagan and Tip were able to compromise as well, which was important to dragging the economy out of the dumpster Carter left it in.

If the Congressional leadership or the POTUS refuse to compromise then things do not go well. Neither Obama or Reid are negotiators. The House has passed a crap load of legislation that the Senate won't bring to a vote as long as Reid is in charge.

Good analysis.

Unfortunately, there are some "good" candidates on that poll. Far too many.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    LBJ is the worst, and it's not even close.

Obama is 2nd, and that's not close either. The fundamental attack we've seen on the use of executive power and the massive expansion of regulation, mostly in the name of global warming and health care, will be nearly impossible to reverse. The permanence of it is what makes it so bad. I even lay Reid's move in the Senate on confirmation rules at his feet b/c clearly he is in charge of the party and if he says no it doesn't happen, he clearly wanted it and supported it, as part of a broad attempt to do what true socialists want: more concentrated government power without the checks and balances that protect from tyranny of the majority.

Not to mention a foreign policy that is really a non-existent "as long as it doesn't land on me" approach, tens of trillions more in debt, a health care system that is now well and truly broken and a level of acceptance of the use of force by government against political opponents that would make Nixon blush.

it's much worse than Carter. Carter was ineffectual but he didn't implement much of anything long term that couldn't be addressed, and wasn't addressed, by his successor. Getting the EPA back in their box will be very difficult, and unwinding and delivering a REAL health care solution even harder. In foreign policy Carter didn't create a massive immigration disaster that by the time he's gone will turn the US into one of those nations you see on TV with refugee camps and starving kids. the iran situation was bad but he didn't undo our relationship with Israel or Pakistan or the Saudis or the Baathists in Iraq, it was a survivable debacle and largely a result of a revolution that had been brewing for some time.

The worst though is LBJ. It's not close, not within a billion miles of close.

First, no other president has killed 50,000 Americans for no particular reason and still resulted in encouraging our enemies and weakening our nation. It takes a special kind of failure to do that, no other ill-conceived military action in US history has been nearly so bad. The Spanish American war, none of the others are close.

Also LBJ began the War on Poverty, what has become the modern centerpiece of thought for the leftist cause. It began the massive federal spending on direct welfare as opposed to the workfare of the New Deal. It was an utter failure and has doomed generations of Americans to being part of a permanent underclass.

the only offsetting accomplishment was the Civil Rights Act, but that was pushed by Kennedy and in reality the welfare state LBJ kicked off has done far more to damage the black community of America than the Civil Rights Act probably did to help it. He warmly embraced the "victim society" mindset, and no one seemed to notice that his views were not really different than those of slaveholders of the old South when they argued that blacks were best kept as slaves b/c they were children who couldn't care for themselves. The pouring of money into places like East St. Louis was all for naught b/c it changed from the free market approach of trying to provide jobs and industry and economic growth to just spending government money directly. when the money stops you find there is no foundation be it in the family or the city or whatever the target, so the money never stops or it all falls apart. Nothing is ever built.

So he was even more instrumental in the expansion of federal government into our lives and wallets and in the class stratification of American society enforced by the government dole, and he killed 50,000 Americans and forever damaged the lives of so many more.

But Obama is clearly second. He's a REAL LIFE socialist, no jokes or dumb political ads but a real socialist who believes in government centralized everything, and has done as much as he could get done to make America the exact kind of nation our Founders fought to escape.

Obama believes in absolutely NONE of the guiding principles on which this nation was founded. Individual liberty, freedom, opportunity, the right to pursue your own dreams are all inconsequential to him when compared with his view of government enforced social justice. A true leftist and too many Americans simply cannot see it b/c the word "socialist" was thrown towards guys like Carter and such who were liberals but certainly not socialists, and the American notion that nothing is as extreme as people claim.

"You didn't build that" belied his entire mindset. It was not the individual building a business, it was the dirty capitalist exploiting the workers to get ahead. He's far closer to Marx than to Adams.

Sometimes something is as extreme as it seems. Carter wasn't, even LBJ wasn't a socialist, he was just an idiot with no particular philosophy, but Obama is a real life card carrying indoctrinated socialist.

That he's still only #2 is a testament to just how LBJ was.

Oh, after that Nixon is #3, worse than Carter by far. Why? B/c he picked up the LBJ federal football and ran with it, creating the EPA and going off the gold standard among the many highlights. He got us out of Vietnam and had a far more effective foreign policy but the loss of the gold standard helped facilitate this massive government spending spree.

Carter is #4, Then Bush I, then bush II. I need to insert Kennedy and Ford somewhere.

clinton is the 2nd BEST we've had, and Reagan by far is the best president we've had since WWII. clinton was surprisingly limited in his expansion of government,and Reagan of course was the President who finally reframed the debate back to us trying to be America again. Clearly he should have started shooting leftists while we had the chance so they couldn't breed b/c here we are right back dealing with them.

double post
    Last edited by Doc; 07-05-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Fortunately Johnson was a bit before my time. I was just a few months old when Kennedy was assassinated and LBJ assended to the office but I do recall some of the Nixon years forward. Carter is the first president that I recall in much detail, or at least enough to understand first hand. Thus my reluctance to make a call on Johnson based on second hand information so to speak. Clearly some/many of LBJ's decisions and policies are not something I agree with but I based much of my ranking on more than policie and decisions. I put an emphasis on leadership. It is one of the reasons I put Obama so low. In my opinion he is actively blaming 1/2 of this country for its problems and rather than trying to find common ground he is happy to just blame the republicans. While I disagreed with many of Clinton's policies I graded him high because he was able to work with the republicans to get things done. To me that is important, its being a leader. I don't know if LBJ was good at that or not hence I can't grade him high or low in that catagory. However to me that can't trump the ineptness of Carter. I mean he was an unmitigated disaster. This guy took office following what is perhaps the greatest scandle in American politics, where a sitting president resigned office in shame, and in four short years he was unable to get re-elected because of such a poor performance. Heck, even Obama could not duplicate that feat. We had gas rationing, 20% intest rates, inflation went from 5% to 12% (high of nearly 15%), a foreign policy that included Olymipic boycotts and hostages, and his biggest blunder (IMO) would be the Panama Canal treaties

I got looking and found that "American Thinker" agreed with me. This article, which predates Obama, has Jimmy as worse followed by James Buchanan and then LBJ. So at least I'm not totally out in left field, at least THIS TIME.

I do admit googling "worse president" will get some pretty funny sites!

Unforgettable

Hard to believe some voted Bush worse than Carter. That is beyond laughable

Bombino

It’s a shame that the president can’t run three terms in succession. I would like to see if Obama would carry any state. I have yet to hear anyone say anything good about anything about Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward100 View Post
    It’s a shame that the president can’t run three terms in succession. I would like to see if Obama would carry any state. I have yet to hear anyone say anything good about anything about Obama.
    You might be surprised.

Rupp's Runt

Romney was a few points ahead in almost all of the pre-election polls. Not much, as most would consider the difference to be dead even. And on election day "O" wins by 10 points, easy. I knew something was up when he carried Florida. Of course, he carried those liberal bastions of West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale & Miami, and that won the state for him.
    I have no proof, but I seriously believe the election was somehow rigged in his favor, probably by all of the dead voters voting numerous times, hundreds of busloads of minority voters being bussed in, and all of his "Obamaphone clientele" somehow managing to show up at the polls.
    I watched as he won every 'swing' state, including Florida & Ohio. Again, I can't prove it, but I have my doubts as to how he managed to win with all of the stuff that was going south on him then.
    The last election was stolen, IMHO, by a liar & and a pretty damned good thief. I just want to see him get caught up in his own mess and pay the piper for all of the wrong that he's done.
    Of course, I also know that is no more than wishful thinking.........
    MOLON LABE!

Super Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Romney was a few points ahead in almost all of the pre-election polls. Not much, as most would consider the difference to be dead even. And on election day "O" wins by 10 points, easy. I knew something was up when he carried Florida. Of course, he carried those liberal bastions of West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale & Miami, and that won the state for him.
    I have no proof, but I seriously believe the election was somehow rigged in his favor, probably by all of the dead voters voting numerous times, hundreds of busloads of minority voters being bussed in, and all of his "Obamaphone clientele" somehow managing to show up at the polls.
    I watched as he won every 'swing' state, including Florida & Ohio. Again, I can't prove it, but I have my doubts as to how he managed to win with all of the stuff that was going south on him then.
    The last election was stolen, IMHO, by a liar & and a pretty damned good thief. I just want to see him get caught up in his own mess and pay the piper for all of the wrong that he's done.
    Of course, I also know that is no more than wishful thinking.........

Wow...amazing this vast conspiracy happened and not ONE person has come out and spoken about it or be caught doing it...I mean if something like this really happened you think that say FoxNews would be all over it trying to prove it, but hummm, nothing...

Now lets take a look at some polls that were taken right before the election:

Gallup Likely Voters: R=49% O=48%
    Gallup Registered Voters: : R=46% O=49%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154559/us...on-center.aspx
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/154559/us...on-center.aspx

Here is another site that has polling data for almost all states, and here is what the last poll in each state had:

Obama: Ahead in 23 states
    Romney: Ahead in 22 states
    Tied: 2 states
    State with no data: 3

Electoral Count based on polls:

Obama: 217
    Romney: 191
    Toss UP: 130

http://www.270towin.com/2012-polls/
    http://www.270towin.com/2012-electio.../obama-romney/

Another site that tracks 9 different polls, including the Gallup one I already provided:

Obama Ahead: 4
    Romney Ahead: 2
    Tie: 3

Their Electoral Count was:

Obama: 201
    Romney: 191
    Toss Up: 146

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...bama-1171.html
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...llege_map.html

So sorry this conspiracy of yours just doesn't hold water, one because it is asinine, and two because there is no way something so vast could be pulled off without someone talking. You don't think that to pull off such a vast conspiracy there would be at least 1 disgruntled person willing to for free or for some sort of fee, squeal on the conspiracy? I mean really, people are to greedy, and if there was any chance of making money off of squealing, at least 1 person in such a vast conspiracy would say something. This is why conspiracies never work, and why conspiracies are the little boy crying wolf, they are the fodder of movies and books, but real life they just don't happen.

I mean who cares about bussing in minorities, so they don't deserve to vote? Helping them get to the polls is "stealing" an election? You don't think that the Republicans would have bussed tons of underserved Republican voters if there were a chance to do it? The Republicans just either didn't think of it, but should have since Obama did the same things during his first election, or the Republicans didn't have or couldn't find enough voters to bus in to make it worth their efforts.

As far as stolen elections go, that is just stupid. I mean really Obama did not steal his reelection, just as Bush did not steal his election from Gore. Look I did vote for Obama, but I am not above admitting that he has been a disaster in certain areas, but I will not allow people to act this way towards our democratically elected President. Obama won the election and it wasn't really that close, just as Bush won the election against Gore, and I would tell anyone that said he wasn't legit that they were wrong. The amount of insanity from the people against Obama is just amazing to me. I saw a lot of crazy toward Bush, but I am not sure that I have ever seen the amount of vitriol towards Obama than I have ever seen against any other President. I mean it is so prevalent it is amazing, I come to KSR and the vitriol is beyond control, I see facebook posts and emails from people I know and admired and looked up to and the vitriol is beyond control, and being around people in my area the amount of vitriol is beyond control, it is just amazing, and this is what drives me to correct people and to defend people that are being attacked this way. Look I understand your man didn't get elected, but if you are going to give me insane conspiracies, I am going to present some FACTS that show that this just is insane. I just can't help myself, I have done this with UK coaches in the past, and I will do it with everyone whom I feel is being unfairly subjected to vitriol that is out of control. I don't care if I am the only one or one of a handful that does it, but I will do it because that is just who I am.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Note that the poll is public meaning you can see who folks chose. I picked Carter, barely. LBJ was also a consideration. But to me when you look back under Carter we had the Iran hostage debacle, American's held for over a year, the rescue attempt that was a joke, a foreign policy that makes Obama's look like a war monger. an Olympic boycott, interest rates at 20%, a lemonade stand on the white house lawn, Billy Beer, a faux energy crisis, etc.... Only a president as inept as Carter could lose the huge momentum that the democrats had 6 years after a Republican president was impeached and forced out of the white house.
    ....and he managed to accomplish all of that in less than 4 years.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

The most popular bad President--Reagan. I love the man's speeches and his commitment to military spending in many ways. But deregulation

The least popular bad President--Obama

But the least from worst to best.

LBJ--Citizen said it well. My favorite LBJ quote began with this opener, "If only only I could be dicator of the world, then I could make something hapen..."

Obama--When inexperience meets incompetence. This is what we get when we as a nation elect a man based on hope and change. Talk about style over stubstance. The worst foreign policy in our lifetime; Obama has the worst group of advisors around. Not sure the Tea Party would have been willing to work with him in good faith, but the man is not a leader.

Ford--He survived assassination attempts and his falls. A member of the Warren Commission he is the only president who was never elected to office. He pardoned Nixon which hurt him politically but spared the country. He lost to Carter. That is like Tubby losing to UAB.

Carter--The most arrogant humble man you will ever meet. Horrific foreign policy that was at odds with itself; the man's gloom and doom speaking did nothing to raise the hope of the country. The Iran hostage crisis, higher costs of fuel, etc was just terrible

Bush 2--for a rich kid born in affluence who had to earn very little in life, a nicer guy that you would think. Most likely the least intelligent President politically or intellectually in the survey. Also the president when my wife and I received the most raises and enjoyed our jobs the most. Horrible decision to go into Iraq. Saw the creation of Homeland Security; passage of the Patriot Act; and was in the White House during the greatest financial crisis since 1929 came about. Love the faith-based initiative and don't want to pay high taxes but you can't wage a war without a draft, without raising taxes or securing the borders and ports. Billions spent and our ports and borders are as unprotected and unsafe as pre 911.

Reagan--great communicator. Helped end the Cold War. Restored the US image abroad. Bombed Libya; Began Glasnos with Gorbachev; Deregulation had long term negative consequences; Iran Contra affair hurt his image. I do fear following his re-election that his dementia began while in office. Al Haig and a few others made him look bad.

Bush 1--War hero, savy foreign policy man that ran the CIA. The handling of Gulf War I is textbook on how to build a global alliance. We also saw how not going to Baghdad and ending the battle at the Kuwait border was either very smart or planted the seeds for Gulf War II.

Kennedy--A great communicator; a trailblazer in terms of being the first Catholic president. A war hero whose leadership kept the world from nuclear destruction (may should be #1 for that reason). Bay of Pigs was a disaster. Chicago and Texas electoral process were shady which helped cost Nixon the election. He hired his brother to be attorney general in an amazing example of arrogance.

Clinton--Clinton's tenure was a peaceful time with econcomic growth due to the dot com boom. He also reminded us all why we have interns. Fathers hide your daughters but that is life.

Nixon--Most brilliant political mind of his generation and a true moderate in many ways. One of the first benefactors of tv (Checkers' speech) and its biggest loser (Kenndy debate that radio listeners thought Nixon won); A paranoid man who hired many a thug and a bully but kept most of them in lower levels. Like Dick Cheney.

Truman--Not the brightest man but reminded all that the military would be kept in check to civilian authority. Pacto mania began and the Marshall Plan came into being on his watch. He had big shoes to fill. Truman also desegreated the Armed forces. The an early but very important step in the Civil Rights movement.

Ike--A warrior president who condemned the military industrial complex; he sent the Army into Littlerock and began America's space program. Didn't stand up to McCarthy or Hoover. But few did. Another potential blemish now is the ousting of the democratic, nationalist prime minister of Iran, Mossadeck.
    Last edited by UKHistory; 07-08-2014 at 10:37 AM.

DOC

I asked a coworker this very question today knowing that he is kind of quirky and has a conspiracy theory for about everything under the sun including the sun. Another coworker heard me ask the guy and he said "he's racist you know who he's going to pick" which opened a whole other conversation of why is he considered racist is it just because he doesn't like Obama or is it because he doesn't like Obama because he's half Caucasian?

IMO the coworker who stated "he's racist you know who he is going to pick" is the guy that in all actuality is the racist one..Either way one has nothing to do with the ability of the president whether he's half Caucasian or half oriental.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Unforgettable

Read MTCat on here

PQUOTE=Edward100;197558]It’s a shame that the president can’t run three terms in succession. I would like to see if Obama would carry any state. I have yet to hear anyone say anything good about anything about Obama.[/QUOTE]