Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss thread revisited

Unforgettable

Re: Weight loss thread revisited

Hit a plateau this week which is common for me. Still walking 3 miles 5 nights. Worked in yard and played golf today. Finally took a day off

Unforgettable

22 as of this am.

Unforgettable

Darrell I have now lost 28#, my goal thru winter is 5# per month. I weighed exactly what I did the day I left for Disny the day we got back.we averaged 33,000 steps per day

So I started working out again after a long hiatus (4 years). School was very stressful and I found out I am a stress eater.

When I started pharmacy school I weighed 202 pounds (2010). In June 2014 I stepped on the scale and found out I was at 257 pounds. I realized I was eating out 3 and 4 meals per day...crazy indeed. I have decided to dedicate myself to a healthy lifestyle again that includes working out and not eating crap (all the time). Today I am 228 pounds and feel great.This is the part of the year when I fall off the wagon and eat crap and put on a few pounds. I am hoping I can actually drop a few pounds by the new years. My goal is 220 pounds by January and I am hoping down to 200 pounds by June. We will see if I can get there.
    Last edited by wes011; 10-18-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    "I don't like it, but I'll do it. I have to wear something anyway. I wouldn't want to get attacked by all the ladies and get divorced." - Mac122 on wearing black to support the team during a "blackout".

Unforgettable

Wes, keep it up. Like you I eat under stress. What has helped me is walking but only having one portion for dinner, smaller ones, cut back on bread, very little sweets, water, cereal with fruit for breakfast so that I eat a small lunch or no lunch

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Wes, keep it up. Like you I eat under stress. What has helped me is walking but only having one portion for dinner, smaller ones, cut back on bread, very little sweets, water, cereal with fruit for breakfast so that I eat a small lunch or no lunch

Good luck
    I'm under a lot of work stress and have gained about 15 pounds. I need to balance it with exercise to address the stress too.

You guys are both doing great. Keep up the fantastic work, and be a role model for me.

Unforgettable

Oct wasn't too good, Halloween, fishing trip, foot that hurt, didn't walk nearly enough and work off extra food. Slipped on my portions also. Back at walking last night, was kinda coolish.

Not a good excuse, but I lost my Fitbit pedometer. My Galaxy S5 has a nice pedometer in the S Health app, but I learned I do not carry it everywhere I go--yet, a pedometer clipped to my pocket, does go where I go. Also, I'm not thrilled with the idea of jogging with the phone in my pocket (necessarily, although I've done it).

So I broke down yesterday, and I ordered a new one--in addition to a pedometer "leash," as a backup (my original one was clipped to my pants pocket, and next thing I knew, it was gone. I was in two rental cars that day, getting in and out, and I suspect it brushed against a seat, and somebody got a new pedometer.

I have to start losing again. I'm going way up, and I don't like it.

I had a great October. Didn't lose any weight, but had my best month ever with steps. Started out the month with first five days over 20,000 so decided to see if I could keep it up for the whole month, mostly stairs and walking a lot. Did it! Averaged 20,200/day for the month. Found myself out walking the neighborhood several nights at 11:30 to get my steps in. Going to back off this month and not push so hard. Have averaged a little over 16,000 for the year so will try to keep that up. Still can't manage to push the weight below 190 for any length of time. Know I'm going to have to change things up in my routine/exercise but haven't been able to commit to that yet. Still hoping to lose 5-10 pounds before the end of the year but I've been saying that for about 3 months now.

Despite not having my Fitbit in yet, I went to the gym tonight for the first time in ages. 40 minutes of weights and 16 minute mile have me sore. Stinks getting old and out of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by AshCat View Post
    I had a great October. Didn't lose any weight, but had my best month ever with steps. Started out the month with first five days over 20,000 so decided to see if I could keep it up for the whole month, mostly stairs and walking a lot. Did it! Averaged 20,200/day for the month. Found myself out walking the neighborhood several nights at 11:30 to get my steps in. Going to back off this month and not push so hard. Have averaged a little over 16,000 for the year so will try to keep that up.
    Those are fantastic numbers!

I got on the scale today for the first time in a while because I knew what I was going to see and I didn't want to see it....I was right, with the weather going backwards and less and less outdoor activity, I have to either cut way back on every kind of eating, or start exercising regularly. With eating season getting kicked off with Halloween, and T-day in three weeks I'll be as big as a house by Christmas.

I've got a birthday coming up so maybe I'll put in a request for a FitBit gadget
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

If you're not aware Fitbit is coming out with three new gadgets. The Charge is basically the replacement for the Force that was recalled last year, the Charge HR is pretty much the same as the charge with the addition of a heart rate monitor, and the Surge which is a smart watch with the focus on the exercise side. All three are supposed to be out after the first of the year. Just a heads up for anyone looking at something like this for Christmas.

If you're not aware Fitbit is coming out with three new gadgets. The Charge is basically the replacement for the Force that was recalled last year, the Charge HR is pretty much the same as the charge with the addition of a heart rate monitor, and the Surge which is a smart watch with the focus on the exercise side. All three are supposed to be out after the first of the year. Just a heads up for anyone looking at something like this for Christmas.
    Yup, I looked at waiting if one hit me. I'm weird, I don't like wearing stuff like bands. I will wear a watch, and enjoy them (mainly automatic winders, because I like that kind of stuff), but nothing else.

2 days in a row at the gym. My son is making me go with him.

After the first of the year? I guess I should cancel the b-day request and try to lose weight the old fashioned way, at least until the new year resolution farce starts.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Don't really understand why they are not getting them out before the holiday? I have a Force that I'm still wearing because I couldn't find anything else out there that compared with it. I wear it kinda loosely as it does irritate my wrist if I wear it tightly. They are taking pre-orders on the new stuff with a 15% discount for Fitbit owners if I remember correctly. Probably going to order the Surge and when I get it then send my Force back in for the recall refund.

Unforgettable

Halloween has been hard on me Too much candy around. Plus I couldn't walk for several weeks as I battled, still doing it, through a bone spur on my heel that hurt. Its better now and dI have started walking again but wow did I get out of shape quick, started at 1.6 miles and it wears me out. And I gained 3#.

I'll see your 3# gain and raise you 19 more (at the beginning of the week). After losing 40, I've managed to put half of it back on. No more. Back to dropping!

Best thing for me was to start going back to the gym. First thing I notice when I start my "old man jog" is that my back hurts from my stomach being too large. It really acts as a huge incentive not to gorge myself on candy and other bad foods. I got home last night from work at almost 8, and the gym closes at 9 on Friday night--not to mention I was exhausted--so I took yesterday off. But heading back in a minute before the UK game kicks off (actually may watch the first half therre). Back on the saddle.

Unforgettable

Your back hurts because of a lack of stomach muscles which forces the back forward, I know exactly the problem

I've dropped probably 60 lbs or so, 30-40 to go. I don't really weigh much, go on size and belt notches.

Cut out the carbs and take on a high stress job where you are on the road a lot and skip meals. It'll work wonders. Sitting here stuffing my face right now though, but it's chicken and green beans.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Your back hurts because of a lack of stomach muscles which forces the back forward, I know exactly the problem
    Yup. You name it, I've got it.

Son came home from work tonight at 9. "Dad, want to go to the gym""

I was eating a popsicle, and thinking about digging some snickers out of the huge candy bowl we still have. But headed back.

Also, my new Fitbit arrived today, so I have that back and running. No excuses!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I've dropped probably 60 lbs or so, 30-40 to go. I don't really weigh much, go on size and belt notches.

Cut out the carbs and take on a high stress job where you are on the road a lot and skip meals. It'll work wonders. Sitting here stuffing my face right now though, but it's chicken and green beans.
    See, I stress-eat. And not green beans, either. Doesn't work for me. You're doing great, though, keep up the great work.

Unforgettable

Like Darrell, I stress eat, sweets. But most of Halloween stuff us gone . I hardly can tell when I lose 5# but know immediately when I have gained 5.

I have been a big stress eater, esp. chips. I've gotten away from a lot of it, I don't buy it and don't have it so I can't eat it, but it's not easy and I slip a lot more than I once did. I do try to substitute stuff that won't be so bad, like green beans or salad. Works sometimes, sometimes doesn't.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Weight loss thread revisited

Well, well, well, here's our old friend from yesteryear....Ye' Ole weight loss thread...

I did my annual lent'n ritual and gave up all sweets, and since it's an opportunity to lose weight I throw in exercise.

Anyway, started on Ash Wednesday 244.8, no sweets coupled with cardio workout five days a week, I've managed to make it to 228.2 as of today..

See you next Wednesday for my weekly weigh in, however sometimes I wait until Friday.

I'm going to try and make it to 215-210 by derby ish

Anybody else??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll rejoin. Thanks for finding the thread.

I'm at 225.4. When we first did this (before this thread), I managed to drop all the way to 199 before I started creeping back up.

I have recently begun better exercising ("ran" 8.5 miles Tuesday in route to a 10+ mile day, walked golf course Thursday and got more than 10 miles that day as well), and have dropped a few pounds from where I began 2015, but not much, from 229. Goal is to get to 199 again, and if/when I hit that goal, I'll reassess. I know I felt much better at 199 than I do at 230, or at my "height" of my "weight," 237.

I ended up getting Charge HR (FitBit) it really helps in the tracking department. I am busting 10,000 steps daily (except weekend) during the week at work and moving around during the day I am averaging around 8,000 steps and then I'm getting another 6-7,00 on the exercise machine (gazelle) where I usually go 45 minutes/5days a week, obviously that's where I'm really burning up the calories, while getting my cardio time in.

I feel a lot better already at the 228 mark, if I add some discipline on the weekends the weight loss might move a little quicker, and what I really need to do is cut eating out past 9:00 pm. I have managed to remove the lime jello mix from my grapes (thanks for that recipe Darrell) since I consider that a sweet. If I'm to reach my goal I'm going to have to continue the sweets fast.

Wow, gained weight, and have been running and walking. Gotta watch what I'm eating better.

Just checked and my exercise has been more hit or miss than I thought.

3/24- 21.4k steps
    3/25- 4.4
    3/26- 22.1
    3/27- 16.6
    3/28- 13.5
    3/29- 1.8

Have to be more consistent.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 04-07-2015 at 06:58 AM.

I've been averaging around 8ksteps just through a normal day of moving around M-F, add in around 7k on the machine Su-Th.

Where I'm getting beat up is on the weekends where I tend to be more sedentary. That should change with yard work looming...however I typically like to do as much as I can during the week and rest on weekends.