Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Exercise/Walking/Steps Thread - Peer Pressure Posting

Quote Originally Posted by AshCat View Post
    Just checked the Fitbit site, great start to the month Darrell!
    Thanks. My best ever. I won't keep this pace, but appreciate the kudos.

It is fun for me to watch yours. It's not a goal, but does make me want to keep a reasonable percentage.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 07-03-2014 at 09:58 PM.

21,234 today, 10 miles. "Ran" 7 miles during my son's soccer practice from 6-7:45pm. That's old fat man, out of shape running. Calculate: it is a robust 4.0 mph. Ants move faster.

I have a slow jog, and go about 2/3, then 1/3 walk. Toward the end it was 1/2 each. But I didn't stop, other than to slow to pick up my water bottle occasionally.

After he finished practice, we went home to pick up cones and a ladder and we went to the local track so he could do his conditioning. He's on a 4 week pre-camp regime. So I watch, and walk a little. I time him, too. But I don't do much.

Anyway, got home, and had 9.11 miles. Couldn't get that close to 10; I may never get there again. So I went to the garage where my treadmill is, and walked a mile.

There's my world record breaking story. I really want to keep it North of 10k if I can, but today was special.

Re: Exercise/Walking/Steps Thread - Peer Pressure Posting

That's what I like about the Fitbit and the goals I make for myself. In general if it gets late in the evening and I'm close to a 5K goal, 15,000-20,000-25,000 I'll do everything I can to get there. Have has several nights out walking up and down the street at 11:30 to get to a goal. Also, if I look at one of the groups I'm in and I'm close to catching the person in front of me I'll do extra to try to catch/pass them. Little things like that that motivate all add up over time. Remember Darrell, little goals grow into big results over time. A year ago I was averaging around 9,000/day, in June I averaged 18,900/day!!

That's what I like about the Fitbit and the goals I make for myself. In general if it gets late in the evening and I'm close to a 5K goal, 15,000-20,000-25,000 I'll do everything I can to get there. Have has several nights out walking up and down the street at 11:30 to get to a goal. Also, if I look at one of the groups I'm in and I'm close to catching the person in front of me I'll do extra to try to catch/pass them. Little things like that that motivate all add up over time. Remember Darrell, little goals grow into big results over time. A year ago I was averaging around 9,000/day, in June I averaged 18,900/day!!
    There's hope!

I've done nothing today, unfortunately, but will pick it up tomorrow. I should've had a "run" this morning before it got busy, but I lounged around this morning, and have been busy ever since.

By the way, you just shamed me into getting on the treadmill for 20 minutes before going to bed.

Got in a 5k walk today in 46 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Got in a 5k walk today in 46 minutes.
    Great pace!

Had a great day today. Did the 10K at the park this morning. Pretty satisfied with the results since I haven't ran 6 miles since this time last summer, finished with a time of 1:00:25. Came home and washed and waxed the car as we left town for vacation with a stop over/pickup of daughters in Lexington. Took the dogs for a walk earlier so I've got 27,700 as of right now.

Unforgettable

Yesterday did good for a holiday, worked in yard for 2 hours, washed both vehicles, and grilled burgers. Not in z9210. Today worked at our store, came home and more yard stuff, grilled some ribs, ran up to Walmart and all over the store. Nwalked 1.3 miles Got in 10563 today

Darrell that 20,000 was impressive

6 miles since this time last summer, finished with a time of 1:00:25... I've got 27,700 as of right now.
    Yesterday when I was trying to hit 10k by midnight, the last few minutes I had it cranked up to 6.5 mph, and thought I was flying. You do that for an hour. In my dreams.

Superb day.

I'm 12003 today. It is really helping that my son is in a conditioning program right now. We go to the track when it is cool, after 9pm. Walked/jogged 4.6 miles tonight after sedentary day.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Yesterday did good for a holiday, worked in yard for 2 hours, washed both vehicles, and grilled burgers. Not in z9210. Today worked at our store, came home and more yard stuff, grilled some ribs, ran up to Walmart and all over the store. Nwalked 1.3 miles Got in 10563 today

Darrell that 20,000 was impressive
    I have found something you probably already know. Going shopping at Walmart or Home Depot or something can really add up the steps. I think you did great to get those in for a holiday. Frankly, I would take that every day, although I'm trying to stretch every day, thanks to this good peer pressure.

Bad, bad day. 3900 steps.

I'm going to have days like this occasionally. Would like to see it no more than 2-3 times a month, but this is twice in 8 days. Yech.

Yesterday I got in 2 miles in 31 minutes.

11230 yesterday. Lucky had several appointments that requires me to walk a bit. Added only a leisurely 10 pm walk around my neighborhood.

Had the great day on Saturday, but dropped off Sunday. It was a travel day as we left down for a few days vacation. Only got 7,631 (first day under 10,000 that wasn't a cancer treatment/hospital day since the last week of April). Actually ran about 3.5 miles yesterday but still only got 12,700 in. Did 4 miles earlier today so I've got 11,000 in today so far.

12128 yesterday and 10,300 today. Had to walk 52 minutes tonight to get 3+ miles in as it was a sedentary day and was in danger of a sub 4000 step day.

Been doing it but haven't been reporting. Day before yesterday I walked 1.4 miles in 23:40, and yesterday I walked 1.5 miles in 24.35.

BTW, you guys are inspiring me to look into a Fitbit. Tracking steps sounds like something I should be doing, too. And the one that tracks sleep will probably confirm some things I suspect already about not getting much restful sleep.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-11-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Only 2754 steps yesterday. Had trial, and it took most of the day. Working with little sleep, I was exhausted. Plus my daughter is visiting from Nashville. Enough excuses? Lol.

BEvans, despite the bad day yesterday, my Fitbit has really helped. I love glancing at my phone and seeing the steps for today, how far I've gone, my calories intake as compared to what I have burned and the plan I have established to lose weight, etc.

We debated the merits of the various type devices for awhile on another thread here, but I can tell you that I am thrilled with my Fitbit zip. It clips on the inside of my pocket very snuggly and securely, & I never take it off until the end of the night. With the Bluetooth syncing to the phone, I never had to do anything other than look at my phone. Best little product I have purchased in a long time.

Walked 2.4 miles in 37 minutes yesterday.

Thanks, D. Do you find you get any issues with false readings? I see the odd review here or there that says they sit in their chair and it logs them taking 200 steps, or something like that.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Walked 2.4 miles in 37 minutes yesterday.

Thanks, D. Do you find you get any issues with false readings? I see the odd review here or there that says they sit in their chair and it logs them taking 200 steps, or something like that.
    I don't, B. I have checked often enough, I guess, but I don't check every time I sit down, then every time I get up, but I would be surprised.

The only issues I've ever heard were from somebody wearing a wristband on an active "computer" hand, and it running up "steps" and someone saying theirs recorded steps while driving in a car. I wear mine clipped to the inside of my pocket, so I don't have any "computer" issues, and I've checked and mine isn't counting steps in my car. But they actually make a Fitbit app that will deduct steps automatically if it does ("Drivebit" on Android) If that is an issue.

Four straight days of under 10k steps.

Had a bad day of 2900, then my son was sick and was busy working out a place for us to stay on Vacation the next week and landed 3500. Saturday I got serious again about 10 pm, but only got in 8500 steps, and was leisurely yesterday and didn't feel well and got 5k.

Embarrassed to post all of that, but need the positive peer pressure.

Unforgettable

Been getting right at 10,000 each day which isn't great but ok. Started walking again, have inincentive as we are going to Disney with daughter and family first of Oct, and up to 1.7 miles with two big hills. Even walked last Sunday nite after playing golf in some awful heat. I checked how many steps I get at church on average, 900 steps between SS, taking the offering, walking money down to the money room, and parking a long way from the building. And at golf I try to walk as much as possible vs just riding up to the ball. And when I go to our indoor storage facility every day, I try to get in 1000 steps over there before I leave.

I need to be more diligent about posting. I've been walking--did 1.75 miles in 26:30 yesterday, and 2.25 miles in 34:05 Saturday.

Unforgettable

Didn't walk the last two nights, while walking Fri evening my back and right knee started hurting so I cut it short and didn't walk Sat night. Played golf yesterday and it was fine but I wasn't putting a lot of pressure on it on concrete, but because of all the rain Sat, yesterday was cart path only. And as usual I usually hit the ball on the opposite side of the cart path so I got in a bunch of steps

OK, I really, really do need to be more diligent about posting.

This week I walked
    1.7 miles in 27:05 on Monday
    2 miles in 31:48 on Tuesday
    2.4 miles in 35:55 yesterday

Good job, Jazyd and BEvans.

I wasn't horrific the last week, mostly on vacation, but only managed 10k steps once. But I had two days of tubing, paddling, pushing off rocks, a little swimming, etc. Also had one very steep climb (Brasstown Bald) and another moderate one (Anna Ruby Falls).

Will get back on track today.

Didn't walk last night, but did mow the lawn and do trimming. This is where having something to measure steps would come in handy.

I didn't do anything yesterday, probably my worst day in a long, long time. Was going to go workout with my son, and we postponed it til today because it was close to 10 pm, and I didn't want to take him to the track that late.

Headed over in the heat of the day today.

3 miles outside at 3pm, in the sun, 91 degree temperature. Helping my 13 year old get conditioned before two a day practices start next week.

Rough on both of us.

10,983 yesterday. That's only my 2nd day in the last 13 that I eclipsed 10k. In the first 14 days, I went over 10k 11 times. A few days is understandable, but not that many. Have to stay consistent.