Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise/Walking/Steps Thread - Peer Pressure Posting

11,270. 59 "very active" minutes per Fitbit. Had to go til midnight.

Re: Exercise/Walking/Steps Thread - Peer Pressure Posting

That's dedication--good work!
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I enjoy it. Quiet, very cool. Throw my headlamp on, listen to a little music, see what is going on in my little neighborhood.

By the way--it is 6:37 CT here, and I have not left my office yet. I am at 2,026 steps for the day.

Kentucky athletes work with a "Rock" (Oliver). I'm like a rock, in that I simply don't move. Sigh.

I know I have to find a way to get a 15 minute walk in the morning, and another one in the afternoon, and at least I'll have a decent day not wholly sedentary. But I can't seem to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    By the way--it is 6:37 CT here, and I have not left my office yet. I am at 2,026 steps for the day.

Kentucky athletes work with a "Rock" (Oliver). I'm like a rock, in that I simply don't move. Sigh.

I know I have to find a way to get a 15 minute walk in the morning, and another one in the afternoon, and at least I'll have a decent day not wholly sedentary. But I can't seem to do it.
    Dude, pack it in you're missing the boys going off to big boy ball.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

Dude, pack it in you're missing the boys going off to big boy ball.
    I left soon thereafter. Ran a couple of errands on the way home, ate a quick dinner, and have been walking in my neighborhood while reading KSR. And posting occasionally, but it's not real convenient lol.

10,817, 66 very active minutes.

Got caught up in some stuff last night & didn't report. Yesterday I walked 2 miles in 33:30.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Unforgettable

Yesterday had 4123 but mostly at our store where we were short of help and I was on the move but then went to the International Ballet Competition last night and basically sat for 3 hours other than the walk from car and the 2 intermissions. If those guys could shoot a bb they could make millions with their footwork, quickness and vertical especially with open locker rooms now

Day before topped 9000 at 9045. Did 1/2 mile at our indoor stogie facility while working then did 1.1 miles that night

My two ruptured discs in my low back didnt like the last 2 nights

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Yesterday had 4123 but mostly at our store where we were short of help and I was on the move but then went to the International Ballet Competition last night and basically sat for 3 hours other than the walk from car and the 2 intermissions. If those guys could shoot a bb they could make millions with their footwork, quickness and vertical especially with open locker rooms now

Day before topped 9000 at 9045. Did 1/2 mile at our indoor stogie facility while working then did 1.1 miles that night

My two ruptured discs in my low back didnt like the last 2 nights
    Jazy, the 4k+ you did the other day as an exception for you is really a good day for me, unless I force something. I enjoy the walking, and even mild jogging, but I need this pressure to cause me to even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Got caught up in some stuff last night & didn't report. Yesterday I walked 2 miles in 33:30.
    A 3.5 mph pace is a good pace, and you beat that. Good job!

Jazy, the 4k+ you did the other day as an exception for you is really a good day for me, unless I force something. I enjoy the walking, and even mild jogging, but I need this pressure to cause me to even think about it.
    I'm working at home this morning (daughter is leaving town today and wanted to be home in case she needed something), and to give you an idea--

302 steps today at noon. Unbelievably bad.

Co-worker's lunch is a quick sandwich on the way to the gym. Says it helps him be less sedentary and also reduces stress. I think I might give that a try. Between 7 am and 6 pm, I'm a lump.

Monday I will have a new office that is 0.5 miles from my Planet Fitness, and 1.8 miles from my house. I love your idea, and that could work for me, too.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

1124 steps, 7:35pm. Yech.

10,425 midnight.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 06-28-2014 at 01:00 AM.

2,173 steps today. Could not help it. I woke up, went to my computer (actually, two computers), and began poring through documents in preparation for a mediation that begins tomorrow morning at 8:45 a.m. Yeah, on Sunday. No, I'm not finished yet.

Want to hear my dinner? A biscuit. Cooked yesterday. In the microwave. And a Newcastle Brown Ale.

For the life of me, I don't know how I got over 2k steps. I went to the mailbox once, and I've been up and down just to refill my water bottle, to empty the water I have consumed, and to grab coffee and repeat the process. Otherwise, I've done nothing.

Tomorrow may not be any better. Wish me luck on my venture. A quick day is a bad day. A long day will be a good day.

3:03 a.m. and still working. Mediation begins in 5+ hours.

11,524. Work concluded about 3:30, so got some unexpected time.

Spent the weekend in a Paducah hospital with a sick in-law, but back with it today.

I walked 2.5 miles in 37 minutes this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I walked 2.5 miles in 37 minutes this evening.
    Great great pace.

9625 steps "today." plus over 2200 "tomorrow." I'm on my treadmill and went past the midnight hour.

Great work!

I'm more of an evening person so midnight exercise would agree with me. But t unfortunately I have to get up early.

I'm pretty sure I don't have to get up as early as you do, and there are days (like today) I plan on working at home, at least in the morning, that allow me to stay up late.

After I showered, it was 1 a.m. I then have to sort of relax and wind down (you'd think mild exercise would do it, but it doesn't), so it's about 1:30 before I'm ready to go to sleep.

Side note--if there are any Fitbit users who haven't joined the KSR Fitbit Group, it's a really cool way to keep up with each other's steps without having to post them. It automatically syncs your steps to that group, too.

Here's the Group: We're up to a mighty 3 Users now!

https://t.co/mKEbiPgAVE

I agree with Darrell, if you have a Fitbit you need to join the group. Doesn't matter what level of exercise you're at. I love joining the groups and talking about this on here like we do, it really motivates me. I'm an extremely competitive guy so I use anything like this as motivation.

So as an added note to put the pressure on myself.... I'm planning to do the 10K run here in Ashland on Saturday morning. Had hoped to get a couple of 6 mile runs in at the park before but I've ran out of time so I probably won't get to do that. Most I've done is a couple of 4 mile runs in the last couple of weeks. I don't think I'll have any trouble completing it just not sure I will do as good as I'd hoped. This will be the 4th time I've done it, 2003, 2008 and 2010. Time got better each time with 57:30 being my time in 2010. Doubt that I'll be able to do that this year since I haven't ran 6 miles since last summer but I'll let you know how I did Saturday!!

^Ash, didn't know you were in Ashland--guess I should've figured it from your handle, but for some reason I associated it with Asheville. I grew up in Russell.

I assume by "the park" you're talking Central Park. I miss it this time of year. (I miss Giovanni's and Crisp Dairy Treat pretty much year-round, but they're not exactly conducive to getting healthy, so maybe it's just as well.)

Good luck in the 10K. That's a tough time of year to be holding one--lots of humidity. Stay hydrated.

Unforgettable

Had a good day Sunday by walking at church and doing the offering. Then off to golf and after all the rain it was cart path only so got many steps. Ended up 13,479. Today was good as I did a fitting at a school, delivered shoes to another, shopped Lowes, worked at my whse, then walked tonight. 14126 today

Great work, jazy!

Got in a rain-shortened walk this evening. Walked 1.5 miles in 23:30.

15705, helped greatly with more than 2k before I woke up this morning (i.e. after midnight last night).

12782. Boring treadmill. Gotta vary.

Just checked the Fitbit site, great start to the month Darrell!