Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seedless Grapes + Lime Jello

Seedless Grapes + Lime Jello

Take seedless grapes, wash them.

Roll them around in dry lime jello mix.

Refrigerate. Eat. Eat. Keep eating.

Delicious.

Re: Seedless Grapes + Lime Jello

Mix one packet lime jello with seedless grapes and vodka. Refrigerate. Eat. Eat. Keep eating. Run out of vodka. Open bottle of Jager. Throw up. Crash. Wake up. Go somewhere and eat greasy stuff with Bloody Marys to kill headache.

Repeat until you're getting too old for that kind of thing, start going to bed at 10 and complaining about "kids these days."
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Mix one packet lime jello with seedless grapes and vodka. Refrigerate. Eat. Eat. Keep eating. Run out of vodka. Open bottle of Jager. Throw up. Crash. Wake up. Go somewhere and eat greasy stuff with Bloody Marys to kill headache.

Repeat until you're getting too old for that kind of thing, start going to bed at 10 and complaining about "kids these days."
    You forgot the warning about seedless white grapes, lime jello, vodka, and strippers.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    You forgot the warning about seedless white grapes, lime jello, vodka, and strippers.
    You guys are incorrigible. But that's a compliment to both of you, isn't it?

Okay, I've got to admit the white grapes with lime jello is pdg, is there any data available on white grapes and other jello flavors like maybe cherry, or orange???

I put the grapes in a zip lock baggie and dumped the mix in and sealed and shook well. Mrs.boss's son stopped in while I was enjoying a shake'n-bag-o-grapes and I handed him the bag to try one...he left with it.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Unforgettable

Gotta try it

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Gotta try it
    It's better than you think. Really good.

Okay, I've got to admit the white grapes with lime jello is pdg, is there any data available on white grapes and other jello flavors like maybe cherry, or orange???

I put the grapes in a zip lock baggie and dumped the mix in and sealed and shook well. Mrs.boss's son stopped in while I was enjoying a shake'n-bag-o-grapes and I handed him the bag to try one...he left with it.
    Haven't tried other flavors, but you can be the guinea pig.

Rupp's Runt

Sounds GOOD! And the orange jello sounds good too!
    MOLON LABE!

Unforgettable

Puckered the mouth

Cherry jello and white grapes is pretty bland, I'll let you know how orange jello works out later.

Cherry jello and white grapes is pretty bland, I'll let you know how orange jello works out later.
    Thanks. I really love the lime jello, but would consider something else if it's good, too. It's sooo sweet.

still think you guys are missing a key ingredient.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I tried the orange last night and it's a lot better than the cherry but still doesn't hold up to lime .... More flavor test to come.

I'm still trying to acquire some peyote per Citizen's inquiry, more than likely any flavor will work with the buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 08-24-2014 at 05:13 PM.

I was thinking vodka or tequila. Much easier to get if nothing else.

Come to think of it, that sounds pretty good. I'll be right back....

My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I have three bags in the fridge with all three flavors for a side by side by side sampling. (minus the vodka and tequila)

When I get home in a couple of weeks, I am going to try lime jello and maple flavored bacon, and white seedless grapes with maple flavored bacon.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

We really need to have a KSR tailgate. I can't even imagine what we would bring to eat and drink, but it is sure to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    We really need to have a KSR tailgate. I can't even imagine what we would bring to eat and drink, but it is sure to be interesting.
    Stay away from the brownies...

...anyway I did a side by side last night with orange, cherry, and lime. The cherry was not as bad as first reported however the two flavors of the grapes and the jello don't comingle as well, they're not bad but not quite as interesting. The orange is really good, the two flavors of the grapes and the orange mix well with a surprisingly good taste, lime is still the best, the two flavors compliment each other extremely well. (This sounds like a wine pairing, I can't believe I'm critiqueing jello flavors and grapes).

My four year old grandson when asked which one he might like best, he looked at me quizzicaly and asked in a four year olds tone why I didn't have grape jello with the grapes. I'll be stopping by Krogers on the way home today for more jello flavors (including grape) and some more grapes.

Might want to check out the bacon offerings while you are at Kroger
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Stay away from the brownies...

...anyway I did a side by side last night with orange, cherry, and lime. The cherry was not as bad as first reported however the two flavors of the grapes and the jello don't comingle as well, they're not bad but not quite as interesting. The orange is really good, the two flavors of the grapes and the orange mix well with a surprisingly good taste, lime is still the best, the two flavors compliment each other extremely well. (This sounds like a wine pairing, I can't believe I'm critiqueing jello flavors and grapes).

My four year old grandson when asked which one he might like best, he looked at me quizzicaly and asked in a four year olds tone why I didn't have grape jello with the grapes. I'll be stopping by Krogers on the way home today for more jello flavors (including grape) and some more grapes.
    I love this post.

From the mouths of babes - why not grape jello with grapes? Sounds perfectly logical to me. I bet it is terrific.

You guys have talked me into it. Going to try a range of options:

grapes soaked in Bombay gin, soaked in Kettle One vodka, and soaked in Petron Silver or Tres Generations. I wonder if the gin or vodka ones will be good with blue cheese.

I have had gin soaked raisins. Supposed to be good for arthritis. They're OK, wouldn't be bad as the finish on a gin martini. I'm betting the grapes will be better.

Got to admit, it doesn't sound good...but I will try it this weekend

It's not good--it's great. Make sure the grapes are good, and then it will be an incredible sweet, delicious "candy."

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    It's not good--it's great. Make sure the grapes are good, and then it will be an incredible sweet, delicious "candy."
    After applying the lime jello, make sure to refrigerate for a couple of hours, they are 100% better when cold.
    Last edited by blueboss; 08-29-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Black grapes were on sale at Kroger so I grabbed a couple of pounds along with lemon jello, Grape Crush brand gelatin, and of course lime. I have to say the grape grapes as my four year old grandson suggested are really,really good.

I'll try the lemon tomorrow

I shared some lime and grape jello grapes with my daughter and her children this past weekend and after eating all I had in the house they went back home to Chicago from which I received a report today that mango jello and white grapes were also delicious.

I shared some lime and grape jello grapes with my daughter and her children this past weekend and after eating all I had in the house they went back home to Chicago from which I received a report today that mango jello and white grapes were also delicious.
    That actually sounds very good.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    still think you guys are missing a key ingredient.
    Shoot the vodka into each grape then roll in jello.

This just in from WLEX:

While a Lexington man was eating a vodka infused white grape that had been rolled in lime jello it exploded and had to be removed from a local strippers ear. (ear, yeah thats right, her ear)