Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Bardstown makes Fodor's List of Top Ten Small Towns in the USA

Bardstown makes Fodor's List of Top Ten Small Towns in the USA

http://www.fodors.com/news/photos/am...towns#!1-intro

Do you have a favorite small town that did not make their list?

Congrats to the folks of Bardstown
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Bardstown makes Fodor's List of Top Ten Small Towns in the USA

I have some time off work in July so maybe a trip to Bardstown & surrounding area (Harrodsburg, Perryville, Hodgenville, Danville) for a couple days of Kentucky history might be a fun idea. I did something similar a few years ago & enjoyed it, though I did not explore Bardstown much (just the Civil War museum & My Old Kentucky Home).

Fab Five

Big deal. My hometown of Harrodsburg was listed as one of the "Five Hidden Travel Destinations in the US" by the BBC!

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27626505

Flounder, if you make it to Harrodsburg be sure to save time for a trip to Shakertown and also get by the Beaumont Inn for either dinner or a drink at the Old Owl Inn. The ability to sell alcohol by the drink in Harrodsburg has led to a few very cool places opening up, including the Old Owl.

The last time I tried this trip, Shakertown was one stop I missed (along with Danville) so I won't do that again. I had planned to go to Perryville and didn't realize I was going to go through Harrodsburg, so I was lucky to visit the fort when I saw the sign along the road.

If I can swing this, I'll give myself at least 1 extra day and try to see the fort, Shakertown, Perryville, museums in Bardstown, My Old Kentucky Home, Lincoln's birthplace, Lincoln's boyhood home, the Lincoln museum in Hodgenville, and Constiution Square/McDowell home in Danville.

I'm getting tired just typing all that out, but there's a remarkable lot of good history in the same general area and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting or not aware of.