Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: News Observer: 5 UNC Players On 2005 Title Team Took AFAM Courses To Stay Eligible

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

News Observer: 5 UNC Players On 2005 Title Team Took AFAM Courses To Stay Eligible

Re: News Observer: 5 UNC Players On 2005 Title Team Took AFAM Courses To Stay Eligibl

The NO has been on a mission for a long time. I hope at some point their efforts lead to action against the people that cheated the students out of an education
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: News Observer: 5 UNC Players On 2005 Title Team Took AFAM Courses To Stay Eligibl

Me thinks they doth protest too much

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/...n-mccants.html

How do ex-players know what Roy is aware of and what he isn't aware of, this sounds like a prepared statement that Roy asked them to sign.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I just posted on the Front Porch about Gwyneth Paltrow thinking water in test tubes reacts to the words written on the test tube.

It takes that kind of stupidity to really believe this wasn't a huge, coordinated, long term effort to keep players eligible and that the coaches, administrators and everyone else wasn't fully aware of it and actively involved in it.

No head coach at a major program would just not know about such things, not when your entire starting lineup seems to never have to be scheduled around attending a class b/c they AREN'T IN ANY THAT SEMESTER.

I thought it was outrageous and egregious when the NCAA buried the Duke/Maguette thing, but their approach to this makes that look like nothing.

The truth is that at least one UNC title should be vacated along with probably 100s of wins and all the associated conference accomplishments not to mention the punitive stuff that should be doled out that would make UK's probation look like a wrist slap. The correct punishment is so severe they won't get punished with anything at all.

PS -- I thought it interesting that UNC appears to have even violated its own rules for giving them degrees when they exceeded the limit on independent study hours that can apply towards a degree. Technically shouldn't UNC itself revoke their degrees?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

How do ex-players no what Roy is aware of and what he isn't aware of, this sounds like a prepared statement that Roy asked them to sign.
    They're so full of it it's hilarious. We know for a fact that some of those players took NON-EXISTENT CLASSES and continue to claim UNC has high integrity and there were no improprieties. It's like standing in a thunderstorm claiming vociferously that it's not raining.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

One of the best pieces of evidence that has come back to haunt the UNC guys is that Indianapolis Star story that discussed the "clustering" of the UNC players around African American Studies.

Kane again cites from that article when he quotes May as saying how the Communications major would have required him to be in class over independent classes. God forbid a college student has to go to class.

It is just unbelievable to see how UNC has handled this situation. Beginning in the early 1990s, say when Duke started winning titles, the African American studies program went from being an easy major to a non-existent one. Not surprisingly it was at that same time UNC started to return to the Final Four with regularity and won 3 titles in 16 years after only winning 2 during the first 50 years of the tournament.

News Observer: 5 UNC Players On 2005 Title Team Took AFAM Courses To Stay Eli...

Still to me the most damning evidence is all the past players from both KU and unc that have said there is no way Roy knows anything about fake classes. How would they know what Roy knows, were they told never to discuss the fake classes with Roy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

It brings a smile to my face to see the Tar Heels fans squirm with their smug "the Carolina way" crap but this is where the rubber meets the road. The bottom line is that it appears that UNC-CH use players that should have been ineligible, used MULTIPLE players that should not have been eligible. As a result of that their title should be vacated. When it happened at Memphis, their final four was vacated. When it happened at UMASS, their final four was vacated. What happened at UNC-CH was far worse as it was a case where it was THE SCHOOL that violate the rules, not just the player. This is closer to the PENN STATE fiasco where the school covered up Sanduski's acts. This is a situation where the school was involved, not a player on his own taking gifts from an agent or an accusation of a HS player having somebody having a stand in take a test. No, this was a school sanctioned case of cheating in order to keep players eligible.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

How do ex-players know what Roy is aware of and what he isn't aware of, this sounds like a prepared statement that Roy asked them to sign.

From the link:
    Sixteen players from North Carolina's 2005 national championship team issued the following statement Friday to The Associated Press responding to former teammate Rashad McCants' allegations of academic misconduct:

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/...#storylink=cpy
    16 players? Plus McCants makes 17. What, did they include the water boy? or do they make up players like they do national titles? 14 thru 17 must be the "Helms Brothers"
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    No head coach at a major program would just not know about such things, not when your entire starting lineup seems to never have to be scheduled around attending a class b/c they AREN'T IN ANY THAT SEMESTER.
    Saint John Wooden never knew about Sam Gilbert either. 😁