Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fiddlin' Five

Re: I'm AD; Cal Leaves Within 2 Yrs..My Top 3 Choices Are Pearl, Pitino, Donovan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Darryl, your list seems to point to you having an affinity for liars, and in 2 of the 3 cases, slime balls for coaches. I am surprised.
    Did you just call Pitino a slim ball???????????? And a Pearl of a thought!!

Re: I'm AD; Cal Leaves Within 2 Yrs..My Top 3 Choices Are Pearl, Pitino, Donovan

You could certainly be right about that. I was never a big Calipari fan, but not for the reasons that you might think. I hated the style of basketball he coached at UMass and Memphis first and foremost. Watched a ton of Memphis games and never became a fan. The other thing I had against him was the FedEx internship. I thought that was cheating, and did not find out until he had been at UK for a year or 2 that the NCAA had sanctioned the internships.

There is nothing like winning to make a fan happy with a coach, but I still do not like the style of ball UK plays under his coaching.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Cal, doesn't have any NCAA violations against him. Pitino only very minor when he was assistant at Hawaii. Brooks, can't remember, and it happened so long before he became coach, noone else did either. Bruce Pearl at UK would fit like Justin Bieber in an Opera House

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    See post # 41
    Oops--guess I'm not better than that!
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

The only problem with Pearl returning to coaching is that he is no longer on Sirius radio. He was great to listen to and very gracious and professional with callers even when asked about his own transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    The only problem with Pearl returning to coaching is that he is no longer on Sirius radio. He was great to listen to and very gracious and professional with callers even when asked about his own transgressions.
    As someone posted earlier, he is a good salesman, and that includes selling himself to the public. I am not buying him as coach of UK
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Trucker, I became a fan of his listening to him. He sure SEEMED very knowledgeable and was terrific.

Darryl

I'm AD; Cal Leaves Within 2 Yrs..My Top 3 Choices Are Pearl, Pitino, Donovan

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Trucker, I became a fan of his listening to him. He sure SEEMED very knowledgeable and was terrific.

Darryl
    I sure thought so. Had him tuned in a lot during basketball season. Very insightful. He even remorsefully stated that he broke NCAA rules and made it worse by lying about. I grew to like the guy. I'm on your side with this one. UK could do a lot worse than Pearl.

UL fans are like slinkys. Completely useless but fun to push down stairs!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

I sure thought so. Had him tuned in a lot during basketball season. Very insightful. He even remorsefully stated that he broke NCAA rules and made it worse by lying about. I grew to like the guy. I'm on your side with this one. UK could do a lot worse than Pearl.

UL fans are like slinkys. Completely useless but fun to push down stairs!
    Trucker, I meant to tell you before. From my birth till I was 18, my Dad drove a truck on those Eastern Kentucky backroads.
    He hauled dynamite, blasting caps, etc for the coal mines. Worked for Austin Powder Company. Dangerous, dangerous work.

Be careful out there.

Darryl

Trucker, I meant to tell you before. From my birth till I was 18, my Dad drove a truck on those Eastern Kentucky backroads.
    He hauled dynamite, blasting caps, etc for the coal mines. Worked for Austin Powder Company. Dangerous, dangerous work.

Be careful out there.

Darryl
    You have mentioned it to me before. Your dad must have been one hell of a driver and a great man to have done that kind of work.

Bombino
    Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Having read both pages of this thread, 1 thought comes to mind: This thread has been open for almost 8 hours, and no one has made the obligatory Rick Barnes joke yet. C'mon folks. We're better than that.
    We should have been able to expect people to have our back while we are away. Disappointing.

"Practically, it was more like a Roman army decimation -- a brutally harsh punishment levied by a ruthless hegemon, an act with a message: Don't mess with us.”

- Eamonn Brennan, ESPN

Bombino
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue92 View Post
    We should have been able to expect people to have our back while we are away. Disappointing.
    OK, so not all is lost. But still disappointing that it took 41 posts.

"Practically, it was more like a Roman army decimation -- a brutally harsh punishment levied by a ruthless hegemon, an act with a message: Don't mess with us.”

- Eamonn Brennan, ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Is that the kind of success UK fans would be happy with? He has top shelf talent every year.
    The head coach isn't the determining factor in how far a team goes in any given NCAA Tournament. If Miller keeps putting together teams that get high seeds, he'll get to his share of Final Fours.

I would estimate 90% of the fans on every UK message board (including our old Scout site) said the same thing about Calipari before March, 2009.
    These guys are by no means perfect but few coaches/people are.

Darryl
    Regardless of what stupid thing 90% of posters said 5 years ago, we know Pitino raped a woman and paid her to take care of it, and we know a half-naked Pearl got drunk with half-naked coeds and willingly allowed himself to be photographed while doing so. Those things happened. Those failings are not a product of the imagination of internet meatballs. That kind of spectacularly awful judgment is comparable to Billy Clyde, not Cal. So, you should be talking about what 90% of posters were saying about Billy Clyde in 2009 when you bring up Pitino and Pearl.
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

From a purely style of play perspective, if a UK fan was expecting non-stop, racehorse basketball every game, this style of play is not for you.

I do personally miss more cutting and screens for players. But the results are hard to argue.

Also I recall in 2006 when UK face Memphis in Hawaii. Memphis wiped the floor with us. They outclassed in terms of not only team and speed but seemingly just superior players. It was such a complete loss, I was not mad because the team on the floor could not compete.

That was a sobering loss.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    You could certainly be right about that. I was never a big Calipari fan, but not for the reasons that you might think. I hated the style of basketball he coached at UMass and Memphis first and foremost. Watched a ton of Memphis games and never became a fan. The other thing I had against him was the FedEx internship. I thought that was cheating, and did not find out until he had been at UK for a year or 2 that the NCAA had sanctioned the internships.

There is nothing like winning to make a fan happy with a coach, but I still do not like the style of ball UK plays under his coaching.

Miller. Top choice.

Pitino has burned too many bridges to ever be considered as a UK coach again.

Pear would be an unpopular choice.

Donovan, would be a good choice, but it looks like if he leaves Florida it would be for the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by BarristerCat View Post
    we know Pitino raped a woman
    I'm not into defending Pitino but that is a pretty serious charge. We don't KNOW that at all. All we know is that they had sex and he paid her to take care of it. And we know she was accused of blackmailing him.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    And we know she was accused of blackmailing him.
    And convicted.

I don't think I could stand to watch the Cats with Bruce Pearl as coach. He would be my last choice for coach at Ky. One step below Billy Clyde and that's scraping bottom mister!

Recruit

I don't think Cal is going anywhere anytime soon. Should he leave in the next two to five years I would not want Bruce Pearl or Rick Pitino. I don't think Billy Donovan would leave Florida as his family seems to have developed "roots" in Gainsville. I really have not thought that far ahead about who our next coach will be but sure hope it would not be Bruce Pearl.