Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: 4 star Linebacker on campus Now!

4 star Linebacker on campus Now!

Darrin Kirkland Jr, tweeted out this morning he's "chillin" with our staff this morning. He's ranked #5 by Scout and #6 by Rivals Nationally at his position.

Great.

via mobile app

Re: 4 star Linebacker on campus Now!

Dang, a lot of schools want this guy

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...in-kirkland-jr

I am living my dream in UK Football recruiting...hell, lets be honest, a wet dream it is so good!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't expect a yahtzee there today on him. Though surprising things have happened
    "So KY hires, FSU DC Mark Stoops...Does that excite anybody?" Finebaum

Hard to believe this kid just ended his junior year in high school.

Attachment 3458
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some think he's #1 on our board at the position. Let's see we already have two great ones committed:Brown and Jones. Yeah, wouldn't expect any Yahtzee on visit. In fact, most think he's a longshot for us, but heck with this staff I'm thinking we can get anybody!

First step is to get him on campus so we are in it, even as a long shot.

Unforgettable

dont' want him, Ala, nor Auburn has offered, must not be up to our standards

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    Some think he's #1 on our board at the position. Let's see we already have two great ones committed:Brown and Jones. Yeah, wouldn't expect any Yahtzee on visit. In fact, most think he's a longshot for us, but heck with this staff I'm thinking we can get anybody!
    Eli Brown was #1 on lb board. Kirkland is icing on the cake

Linebackers..to me that is the missing ingredient for UK..glad to see them get a couple already..hope they can get this kid too..

For the football gurus, who are our LB rotation this coming up year??

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    Hard to believe this kid just ended his junior year in high school.

Attachment 3458
    Looks like he just finished his third year on the MMA tour. Jeez.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Darrin tweeted out pic of himself, Stoops, and I assume his Dad thanking the BBN for a great time. Some think we'll take at least 4 lbs in this class:Brown, Jones (Kirkland,Connor,McKee, etc)

If the season started today. The LBs would probably be K Henderson and Forrest. UK is usually in a nickel so McClain usually starts there. Paschal was hurt and held out of practice so he will likely factor in heavily as well. D Blaylock moved down to LB from S and should play. M Simpson was hurt some this spring but could factor in as well. T Brause is a SR but a little buried on the depth chart.

UK signed a really nice 4 player group last year. D Hendrix came in early and had a nice spring. K Walker is a great athlete and and N Firios is an physical stud although a little raw. They could play but those three likely RS. The kid they hope can come in a earn time is the JUCO Flannigan. He is a really verisitale LB who can cover.

Overall we have some nice athletes but most of our best talent is really young or not on campus yet.

Thanks

If we are able to sign a few more LBs and a few of the freshmen develop look for UK to go more 3-4, the way Bob is running at Oklahoma now--especially with more and more SEC schools going to the spread offense. We are playing a lot of nickle right now, because it limits the number of LBs needed, which historically has been a problem for schools like UK to recruit. Safeties are a lot easier to come by, unless you are at a place like Bama, Texas or Florida where you can recruit away. There was talk in the winter of adding some 4-2-5 to the defense, which was one of Navier's qualifications.

“@SWiltfong247: Breaking: Indianapolis Lawrence Central Top247 LB Darrin Kirkland Jr. commits to #Michigan: http://247sports.com/Bolt/Breaking-K...igan-28697812”

Dang. Can't get them all.

via mobile app

Doesn't matter who the current linebackers are, we need to get to the point we can redshirt 90%!of the freshmen each season.