Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Fab Five

Issues With KFC/ YUM Center?

Not sure what this means, but one can hope it's bad.

http://thevillevoice.com/2014/05/08/...oblems-coming/

Re: Issues With KFC/ YUM Center?

from the comment section:

Citizen // May 9, 2014 at 3:18 pm

It’s about time…
    anyone we know?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    from the comment section:

anyone we know?
    I don't think so, but I do blackout from time to time.

If they're hiring them re the Yum Center it's for 1 of 2 reasons:

1) Yum is in big trouble and UL is about to make its move against it, or

2) UL and Yum are in trouble for the questionable nature of their contracts and financial distributions, which is what was speculated.

It also could be nothing to do with nothing, this is just speculation based on UL hiring some law firms. Everyone hires lawyers, even us libertarian anti-establishment types. lol
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Could it be, with the SEC and IRS possibly involved, that certain individuals took gifts or had unjust or illegal enrichment resulting from their positions of authority? This sounds criminal. I hope the next we hear is that a Federal prosecutor is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I don't think so, but I do blackout from time to time.

If they're hiring them re the Yum Center it's for 1 of 2 reasons:

1) Yum is in big trouble and UL is about to make its move against it, or

2) UL and Yum are in trouble for the questionable nature of their contracts and financial distributions, which is what was speculated.

It also could be nothing to do with nothing, this is just speculation based on UL hiring some law firms. Everyone hires lawyers, even us libertarian anti-establishment types. lol

I knew it wasn't you. A three word post???
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Issues With KFC/ YUM Center?

During the construction there were issues about them not hiring minority contractors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I don't know. They hired a lot of big litigation firms. To me, it looks like 1. they are trying to conflict out the big in-state firms from representing parties adverse to UL, and/or 2. they need all of those litigation firms because there will be conflicts between co-Defendants (UL v. its board members v. Arena Authority v. its board members v. Commonwealth v. whomever else).

If you are just hiring lawyers, most of those firm could have handled it a huge scope of work without help, and would not have been needed on an emergency basis.

"Practically, it was more like a Roman army decimation -- a brutally harsh punishment levied by a ruthless hegemon, an act with a message: Don't mess with us.”

- Eamonn Brennan, ESPN

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue92 View Post
    I don't know. They hired a lot of big litigation firms. To me, it looks like 1. they are trying to conflict out the big in-state firms from representing parties adverse to UL, and/or 2. they need all of those litigation firms because there will be conflicts between co-Defendants (UL v. its board members v. Arena Authority v. its board members v. Commonwealth v. whomever else).

If you are just hiring lawyers, most of those firm could have handled it a huge scope of work without help, and would not have been needed on an emergency basis.
    Could whomever else include our esteemed Lt.Gov. the Mayor for Life himself??

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue92 View Post

It is a wide array of firms, and no doubt most of them could handle about any scope of work UL could generate without bringing in anyone. It is curious. Hadn't thought about doing it just to conflict out from representing others, very interesting.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.