Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: iPhone alternatives - any ideas?

iPhone alternatives - any ideas?

My 15-year old daughter wants an iPhone. She's not going to get an iPhone 5. But I might be interested in an iPhone 4 that would work with T-Mobile.

Anybody have a recommendation on where I might find one of those--or an alternative--fairly inexpensively?

And for those suggesting some android OS or Windows-based OS instead--did I mention this is my 15-year old daughter, where appearances are more important than reality? As in, a slower iPhone would be better than a souped-up, better performing android. Plus she's never had a smartphone before, so anything will be a huge improvement.

Unforgettable

Re: iPhone alternatives - any ideas?

Darrell, I bought my wife a IPhone 4 for .99 cents from ATT

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Darrell, I bought my wife a IPhone 4 for .99 cents from ATT
    bought my wife one from Verizon for 99cents. Turned off my decades old land line and put my land line # on the iPhone.

Not sure what TMobile's running, but last time I checked you could get an iPhone 4 for free through AT&T.

If I wasn't invested in the Apple ecosystem, I'd be getting an Android phone. They're just as good as the iPhone, if not better. The new HTC 1 is supposed to be an awesome phone. Offer the daughter the opportunity to pick once she starts kicking in on the monthly bill.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Those are good deals, folks--and reasons why I ought to consider another cell provider, I'm sure.

I think T-Mobile has some good "jump" deals, but they're all in the neighborhood of "pay x down, pay x per month for two years" kinda thing. Fine for me, but I'd rather plunk down $200 now than pay $650 over 2 years.

BEvans, I'm sold on android being superior to iPhone myself (at least, the very highest of brand/models, and not necessarily the OS, but the whole package). But this is my daughter who just turned 15, and if it ain't iPhone, it ain't anything.

I don't have teenagers anymore, but it surprises me that iPhone is seen as "cool" by that group. I'd think it would be seen as "Mom and Dad's phone" and they'd want something different. Interesting.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

iPhone alternatives - any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I don't have teenagers anymore, but it surprises me that iPhone is seen as "cool" by that group. I'd think it would be seen as "Mom and Dad's phone" and they'd want something different. Interesting.
    If you want teenagers, I have one for sale. Or I'd consider "free to a good home", or even "free to a not so good home"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

^Thanks, but I've done my time in the hole. Empty-nest is a good thing.