Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Does KU Take Dip This Season? Lost 4 Of Top 6 Players; 2 Top 10 Recruits Incoming

KU has been extremely consistent but there are some things to consider:

1. With starting PG Tharpe leaving, they will now have lost 4 of their top 6 players off a 25-10 team. Wiggins,
    Embiid, Tharpe, and Tarik Black

2. They get back 47% scoring, 37% of their blocks, 53% rebounds, and 48% assists

3. They have 2 top 10 recruits coming in, Alexander and Oubre. They signed no one else, but are in the final 2
    for top 75 recruit PG Graham

4. Jayhawk fans think their starting lineup will be:

PG 5-11 Mason or 6-0 Frankamp
    SG 6-5 Selden
    SF 6-6 Oubre
    PF 6-8 Ellis
    C 6-8 Alexander

5. Self has not excelled with very young teams or small teams. Kansas will be both next season, starting 1 junior, 2
    sophomores, and 2 freshmen.

6. KU fans that have half a brain think UK will win by 15+ points when we play in early November. I agree...maybe more.

Darryl

Rupp's Runt

Re: Does KU Take Dip This Season? Lost 4 Of Top 6 Players; 2 Top 10 Recruits Incoming

No clue really but that is still a solid top 5. If they don't have a lot after that, then yes, they could be hurting.

Re: Does KU Take Dip This Season? Lost 4 Of Top 6 Players; 2 Top 10 Recruits Incoming

I think Alexander will be all that out of the gate.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

It took us about 30 games to gel. Maybe it takes that group a little longer, or maybe they hit some lucky last-minute shots and make it into the Final Four (like us) instead of running into a bad second-round match-up in March.

I'm just saying-- there isn't a whole lot that separates UK and KU over the relevant 2-year sample. That group may gel better around Alexander & Oubre than Wiggins/Embiid. The guys may come back and "get it" over the summer and roar into the year with a head of steam. Point is, we don't know, and I don't take them AT ALL for granted in November. Whoever is spouting that 15+ win stuff needs to stop. They will play us down to the wire.

Bombino

We will see.

They lost, what 9 games last season, plus a 2nd round tourney loss. I'm not so sure how much more you fall from that. They'll be a top 25 team most, of not all year. They'll probably make it to the 2nd round again.

Barring injury, I think it will be on par, or better for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I think Alexander will be all that out of the gate.
    Did not work out but I wanted him for UK over Lyles, just because I think he is all that.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Alexander is terrific.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Alexander is terrific.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Agree Darrell, Alexander is the real deal and will be great right out of the gate. He has that confidence factor going for him that few freshmen have. I also think Oubre will have a better freshman season than Wiggens had. If that's the case, they could be very good.

The way their roster is rounding out, I do not look for them to have a down season.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.