Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Remote helicopters

Remote helicopters

Long story short I've been given one to entertain my grandson, at first glance this thing looks complicated as hell. It appears to be a decent one and I know it cost around 250.00, but not knowing anything about them I have no idea if it's a good one or not. Anybody had any luck, tips, or insight??
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Remote helicopters

You need to get one of these "Orville-copters"

Yes, its made out of a REAL live (or formerly live) cat
    Last edited by Doc; 04-29-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I don't, but they look like a blast to play with.

via mobile app

I putz'd around with it last night in the living room and got it off the ground and safely landed a few times without breaking anything. It's easier than I thought but I've still got some work to do to maneuver it around more confidently.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Don't fly it in that town that issues drone hunting licenses.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Remote helicopters

Funny you bring that up, they are now featuring an add on on the way of a camera platform/ mount. Now if I could just get some side mount rocket launchers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Funny you bring that up, they are now featuring an add on on the way of a camera platform/ mount. Now if I could just get some side mount rocket launchers

I can hook you up. We'll take some rocket launchers of some Yugo SKSs and be good to go.

(That's an inside gun joke, there are no rocket launchers on the Yugo SKS but the media and politicians keep saying so. It's a sight for aiming them if you launch them from the barrel, they did design one for that but it but it wasn't a "rocket launcher".)
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bottle rockets with mini, remote control, piezo igniters to light he fuze will do the trick
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Bottle rockets with mini, remote control, piezo igniters to light he fuze will do the trick
    You know?? I was actually thinking about that...I was thinking I could light the fuses off the battery somehow.

CBBN and I majored in mayhem
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

You know?? I was actually thinking about that...I was thinking I could light the fuses off the battery somehow.
    Not a problem at all. They can ignite electrically. Could also wire them up with shotgun loads with non-lethal rubber balls. Or did we want to go small game hunting?

How much weight can this thing take? I've got a flare gun that's really light weight, that could work great. Maybe something with more umph, something belt fed....