Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: 2015 OOC Schedule Brutal: UNC, UCLA, UL, Kansas, Texas (Tentative), Providence

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

2015 OOC Schedule Brutal: UNC, UCLA, UL, Kansas, Texas (Tentative), Providence

Based on pre-season rankings:

Top 5-7 Teams
    North Carolina
    Kansas
    Texas (if they land Myles Turner, which seems likely)

Top 10 Teams
    Louisville

Top 25 Teams
    UCLA

Providence at Rupp
    another top 25 team is possible at Barclay Center

Florida will be top 10 and we may play them 3 times

Add another 4-5 ranked teams in the NCAAT

That is a possible 13-15 ranked teams next season.

Darryl

Re: 2015 OOC Schedule Brutal: UNC, UCLA, UL, Kansas, Texas (Tentative), Providence

Our non conf needs to be stacked Darryl..the sec, besides UK and UF, it's going to be awful again..ut is losing all it's recruits..LSU got Mickey back, but they seem to underachieve..not sure there is a 3rd team that will give UK or UF any trouble again..

We can wave to Bloomington on our way

Fab Five

Re: 2015 OOC Schedule Brutal: UNC, UCLA, UL, Kansas, Texas (Tentative), Providence

UL, UNC-CH, and UF may be ranked that high but it goes to show that rankings do not carry interval information. In other words, the gap between us and them is pretty big, particularly in Dec when we will play UL, and UNC-CH.

Neither Roy or RP has shown the ability to quickly bring freshmen along as Cal has. They may be good come March, but they are both likely to struggle early.

All this is IMHO, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Our non conf needs to be stacked Darryl..the sec, besides UK and UF, it's going to be awful again..ut is losing all it's recruits..LSU got Mickey back, but they seem to underachieve..not sure there is a 3rd team that will give UK or UF any trouble again..
    Agree about all of the above. I assume that still won't affect ticket prices in Nashville at the SEC tournament. Trying to decide what to do. Go to SEC tourney or 1st round (NCAA) 2nd and 3rd according to them in Louisville.

Unforgettable

I look for MSU, USC and UGA to be better next year, and actually Ole Miss w/o Henderson should be better. Don't know what Ark lost but Portis is back and will probably be better.
    Now, how important is getting all these players back with that OOC schedule? Lose Willie, twins and Poy and we would have gotten off to a horrible start.
    I don't see UL being a top ten team next year, getting that on their name only, their class isn't that strong.

Rupp's Runt

What does it matter? When have we been afraid to play anyone, anywhere, anytime? Bring it on! Let's play some ball! We're KENTUCKY.........'nuff said!
    MOLON LABE!

Good, if you want to be the best, you play the best. Playing crap costs teams in the tourney. It hurt FL for years. They didn't become a force until they upgrade their schedule. Its the reason mid major never win the big dance,
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Well atleast one coach in this state is not scared to
    play a competitive non conference schedule.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    I look for MSU, USC and UGA to be better next year, and actually Ole Miss w/o Henderson should be better. Don't know what Ark lost but Portis is back and will probably be better.
    Now, how important is getting all these players back with that OOC schedule? Lose Willie, twins and Poy and we would have gotten off to a horrible start.
    I don't see UL being a top ten team next year, getting that on their name only, their class isn't that strong.
    Not being a homer, but I think Bama may be the most improved team in the league. Losing Releford is huge but that is the only loss. They have a transfer PG who averaged 15ppg at Tulane and another 6'9" transfer as well as the 27th ranked class in the country coming in.

Still, the SEC is not going to be brutal. Agree on UL -have no idea why they are ranked that high particularly given that RP has little track record wrt getting freshmen up to speed quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post

Not being a homer, but I think Bama may be the most improved team in the league. Losing Releford is huge but that is the only loss. They have a transfer PG who averaged 15ppg at Tulane and another 6'9" transfer as well as the 27th ranked class in the country coming in.

Still, the SEC is not going to be brutal. Agree on UL -have no idea why they are ranked that high particularly given that RP has little track record wrt getting freshmen up to speed quickly.
    Alabama certainly has that potential. Grant needs it.

via mobile app

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Kentucky will be the most improved team in the league.

Darryl

UL's class really only had two players of substance and
    the rest are projects.
    Believe they were ranked so high because of
    the quantity and not quality.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Arkansas and Georgia will continue to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Arkansas and Georgia will continue to improve.
    I think Few is a helluva coach.

Unforgettable

I just don't know as much about Ala and Grant so far hasn't proved he can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Kentucky will be the most improved team in the league.

Darryl
    Yep. That's funny for us and painful for everyone else.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

That is a pretty impressive collection of name programs and quality teams. Great schedule thus far. Not to take away from football season but I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    I think Few is a helluva coach.
    GB, I think you meant "Fox", not "Few", correct?

Probably 2-3 games tougher than ideal IMO. Glad it's not weak but it can be too heavy too. This is "January slump" heavy. That's OK, lose a couple and it's not the end of the world, but this is pushing the envelope.

Without all these guys back we'd be toast, with them we may be OK. What I don't get is why we went with this schedule not knowing which team we'd have. Of course 4 of those are locked in beyond Cal's control (2 are, the other 2 are UNC/UL which I don't see him canceling).
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And "decent at best" not "helluva"

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    And "decent at best" not "helluva"
    LOL, hey I think both Marks, Fox and Few, are "good" coaches, but I agree that "helluva" should be reserved for the Caliparis of the world. Oops, Calipari should never be pluralized. There can be only ONE.

LOL, hey I think both Marks, Fox and Few, are "good" coaches, but I agree that "helluva" should be reserved for the Caliparis of the world. Oops, Calipari should never be pluralized. There can be only ONE.
    Cal's immortal?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Cal's immortal?
    At the moment the clock hit 0:00 in the 2012 Title game, the man became immortal. We are talking about Kentucky, after all.

GB is not a man of Few words.

via mobile app

Yes I meant Fox. And I do think he is a very good coach.

Mark Fox is the one who coaches down near Catlanta right?