Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Who owns a motorcycle? Anybody admit to owning a scooter?

Who owns a motorcycle? Anybody admit to owning a scooter?

I'm about to have an office about 2 miles from my house, and I teach a class twice a week 2.5 miles from my house. My office would not require me to leave my neighborhood, and I may just bike to work, but due to geography and how busy the road is, I wouldn't attempt to ride a bicycle to teach, and was toying with the idea of a small motorcycle or a scooter for that trek.

I know some of you have to be hard core motorcycle afficionados, and thought it would be cool to see what you have, as well as maybe if you could share some "beginner" motorcycles you might've owned?

P.S. - my wife will officially kill me if/when I do this. I've raised the topic here before, but decided her wrath wasn't worth it at the time. May not be worth it yet either, but thought I'd see if anybody wanted to talk motorcycles/scooters.

What's your ride?

Re: Who owns a motorcycle? Anybody admit to owning a scooter?

I do but its in pieces. Has been in pieces since I took it apart 20 some years ago and have not been able to put it back together. If I did it would look like this.

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I have a bicycle, 10 speed no less, does that count?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I'll probably be getting a bicycle this summer. I just want one of those aluminum frame ones, or whatever it is that's so light you can lift them with a finger.

A starter bike is a good choice.

Here was my starter bike. To this day wish I hadn't ever sold it, it was in great condition, not that I could fit on it but I do miss it:

People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Seriously nothing wrong with a scooter for that kind of thing. Id' recommend a bike personally b/c you can do more with it, but scooters do the job. Some are pretty spiffy.

I drove a rental scooter once in Key West and I will say that IMO they are far harder to drive than a regular bike. The tiny front wheel and it being so far under the handlebars instead of out in front to me made it harder to control and balance than a regular full blown bike. I drove dirt bikes growing up, they were better/safer to me than the scooter, but I'd still at least test drive one and judge for yourself.

I'd like to have an Indian Chief with them restarting the line, but I saw the ad say they started at $20K. Not an unfair price but out of the league of the fun driver I want.

Used you can get out on a decent bike pretty cheap, esp if you go with something reliable and fun but not as "hip", like a Honda.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I'm really thinking about the scooter, although the sensible side of me says between a motorcycle (even a small Honda nighthawk or similar) a regular bicycle, and a bicycle you pedal, the scooter is the least practical.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That's not a QA 50, is it? That's probably bigger, but when I was 11, my next door neighbor had that and a Yamaha motorcycle. I used to ride the QA50 mostly, but occasionally I rode the Yamaha. Fun times, but I never owned one.

via mobile app