Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Woolly Worms in So. Illinois...

I've noticed that all the woolly worms I've been seeing this year have been one solid color...tan, orange or black, no multiple colors. What does it mean? Hard winter, mild winter, end of time?

Re: Woolly Worms in So. Illinois...

I always heard growing up that a wolly worm with lots of brown meant a mild winter, while one where the black ends almost meet means the winter will be fairly harsh. I've seen some that were almost totally brown, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a solidly single-colored one before.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

It means wooly worms come in all different colors.
    Last edited by bigronhahn1011; 10-05-2012 at 04:27 PM.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Time for a new eyeglass prescription.

On a similar note I've seen very few monarch butterflies this year in fact I saw 1 today which actually may have been the only one I've seen.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I've noticed more Mosquitos out the last week or so. More than I've seen all year. Maybe like the rest of us, it was just too damn hot this summer for them too!!
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by Lfbj00 View Post
    I've noticed more Mosquitos out the last week or so. More than I've seen all year. Maybe like the rest of us, it was just too damn hot this summer for them too!!
    Coming off of a mild winter last year, the mosquitos have been horrible this year. I'm hoping for a hard freeze this year...