Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Thread

Re: Weight Loss Thread

Are you thinking like, 20% over?

Right now, at my body weight, gender, age and weight-goal loss, I am just over 2,000 calories per day. Would a run up to 2,400 calories or so on the "cheat day" be about right? 2400-2500, but not 4,000?

Maybe even more than that depending on whether you're spreading it out over the day, loading up on a late meal, and where the calories are coming from. What I used to do was go all out on the last meal but make it early enough to take a brisk walk or something afterward. Once a week.

A related story: The night UK beat UMass back in '96 we went out to a sports bar and got there early. I didn't hold back but started getting coffee at desert time and the waitress must have filled me up six or seven times. It was SUPPOSED to be decaf was it turned out to be regular (the waitress said she thought I said caffeinated. I mean who does that?) Any way, I was so hyped between the game and the caffeine I did pushups and situps until 3 or 4 in the morning. That's extreme, but if you really want to make a change in your body's composition you need real dedication and most likely someone who can hold you accountable and that requires a degree of two-way honesty.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    235.4, I'm up to 25-30 minutes on the gazelle and I'm on it 5-6 days a week. I usually take Fridays, and Sundays off. Still haven't changed my eating habits "yet" for now concentrating on getting in shape (cardio)

See ya next week..

1/25/13
    Well here we are and with 35-40 minutes on the gazelle 5 days a week I'm at 233.8. Still haven't got around to dieting however I am more aware of what and how much I'm eating. For instance after busting my hump on the machine every evening I'm not going to blow it over a giant bowl of ice cream and some cookies, so I settle for maybe a small bowl of ice cream and no cookies or maybe three or four cookies and no ice cream. The hard part is not waking up in the middle of the night and eating a couple Lil Debbie zebra cakes and a glass of milk and going back to bed.

See ya next week.
    2-1-2013

First full month of exercise but still haven't started the dieting part, weighed in today at 232.0. I'm going to keep plugging away 1-2 lbs/week for now. I think in a couple of weeks when lent starts and I eliminate sweets I'll probably lose a little more weekly. Here we go February.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Just got home from 3-1/2 hrs of basketball. I'm not exercising yet, but hoping coaching 2 practices a week and playing occasionallly is doing something. Gotta try to do this more often.

Of course, as out of shape as I am, I will probably regret everything I'm saying tomorrow.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

175. I seem to have hit a plateau. Revised goal - 172.

183.2lb BF% is in the upper 20's. I'd like to get that around 18 or 19 while maintaining my current weight.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRdallen View Post
    176. Two pounds from goal.
    2 pounds from goal. That's disgusting. Then you meet your goal (1 lb away is meeting it, to me), and revise it? You need to be slapped silly.

I've been under my calorie requirement for 11 consecutive days, which is designed to have me lose 1.5 lbs per week. I know they tell you not to weigh daily, but I have weighed daily, and lost weight on 9 of 11 days, gained weight on 2 days. I won't freak out about it, but it is interesting to watch. Both days I gained weight were on Sunday morning after going out to eat Saturday night. First time I ate at a Mexican restaurant, and I know the food had a lot of sodium in it. Second Saturday night we went to Jim-N-Nicks and I was good and had their smoked turkey plate (and only 1 cheese biscuit, although we had 3 bowls for the table--sigh.) Also had their onion rings, which were a lot better than their french fries, but in retrospect, that meal may have had more sodium than I'm used to having, too.

Going to a "Mardi Gras Ball" Saturday night and will have a taste of New Orleans buffet. That's my first planned "cheat day," as it will be day 17 on this counting calories diet, and I hope, 16 consecutive days of sticking to or under the budget.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 02-04-2013 at 02:43 PM.

301 today. nurse sat and discussed heart attacks with me.

Almost afraid to post this in fear of being slapped. Met new goal - 172 pounds this AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRdallen View Post
    Almost afraid to post this in fear of being slapped. Met new goal - 172 pounds this AM.
    Well, if I wasn't feeling good, I'd suggest that would be the proper course of conduct. But kudos for meeting the new goal. Maintain!

Jan 1, 2013 Post
    Originally Posted by Darrell KSR

January 29, 2013 post

230.0 this morning. Have to get my exercising started.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

February 1, 2013 post
    February 8, 2013:

Down 8.8 pounds since the beginning of the year. Today is Day 16 (or is it 17?) of being under my allotted calories; tomorrow will be the day I ramp up a bit. May hit McDonald's for breakfast, even. Have had only one fast food meal (that's TOUGH for me) in almost 3 weeks, and watched it carefully.

2-1-2013

First full month of exercise but still haven't started the dieting part, weighed in today at 232.0. I'm going to keep plugging away 1-2 lbs/week for now. I think in a couple of weeks when lent starts and I eliminate sweets I'll probably lose a little more weekly. Here we go February.
    2-8-2013

I finally got out of the 30's and weighed in at 229, still on the same exercise regiment and have yet to start the dieting. Lent starts next Wednesday which means for me no more sweets until Easter Sunday.
    Last edited by blueboss; 02-21-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Jan 1, 2013 Post

January 29, 2013 post

230.0 this morning. Have to get my exercising started.

February 1, 2013 post

February 8, 2013:

February 21, 2013:

Getting slower, but direction still correct. Need to integrate exercise. Ridiculous that I haven't.

Down 10.2 pounds since January 1.

2-8-2013

I finally got out of the 30's and weighed in at 229, still on the same exercise regiment and have yet to start the dieting. Lent starts next Wednesday which means for me no more sweets until Easter Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    February 21, 2013:

Getting slower, but direction still correct. Need to integrate exercise. Ridiculous that I haven't.

Down 10.2 pounds since January 1.
    I'm just the opposite Darrell and have yet to start dieting and I'm going at it with exercise. I have started fasting from sweets for lent since last Wednesday but I'm kind of in a slow down mode and have been teetering between 228 and 229 which oddly is about the same loss of around 10-11 lbs since 1-1-2013.

Jan 1, 2013
    234.0. Ground 0.

January 29, 2013
    230.0. -4.0 lbs.

February 1, 2013
    228.2 -5.8 lbs.

February 8, 2013:
    225.2 -8.8 lbs.

February 21, 2013:
    223.8 -10.2 lbs.

February 26, 2013:
    221.4 -12.6 lbs.

I'm just the opposite Darrell and have yet to start dieting and I'm going at it with exercise. I have started fasting from sweets for lent since last Wednesday but I'm kind of in a slow down mode and have been teetering between 228 and 229 which oddly is about the same loss of around 10-11 lbs since 1-1-2013.
    3/1/2013

Still 6' 2" and weighing in at 226.4

Jan 1, 2013
    234.0. Ground 0.

January 29, 2013
    230.0. -4.0 lbs.

February 1, 2013
    228.2 -5.8 lbs.

February 8, 2013:
    225.2 -8.8 lbs.

February 21, 2013:
    223.8 -10.2 lbs.

February 26, 2013:
    221.4 -12.6 lbs.

March 1, 2013:
    220.8 -13.2 lbs.

Time to start exercising.

Jan 1, 2013
    234.0. Ground 0.

January 29, 2013
    230.0. -4.0 lbs.

February 1, 2013
    228.2 -5.8 lbs.

February 8, 2013:
    225.2 -8.8 lbs.

February 21, 2013:
    223.8 -10.2 lbs.

February 26, 2013:
    221.4 -12.6 lbs.

March 1, 2013:
    220.8 -13.2 lbs.

March 6, 2013:
    220.0 -14.0 lbs. Begged the scale to get me under 220 today. It didn't listen.

5 weeks after goal attainment and still using MyFitnessPal still maintaining goal weight of 172. I think continued use of this crutch (the App) is going to be in order. I'm not confident I can manage this on my own yet! We'll see.

D, congrats on the 14 pounds!

Unforgettable

Congrats all on the weight loss but more important getting in shape.

I gotta start something. When I get ready it seems that day my back acts up or it turns cold. Back hurts a lot lately from those two ruptured discs. Must start walking and cut the calories.

Went back to Charlotte today to pick up some stuff I had in storage including some old clothes. Most of the jeans I wore 20 years ago I just tried on and can wear again now. Thirty-two inch waister's, but a couple are a little snug. Ya gotta understand; this time last year I was wearing 36-38 inch waists.

3/1/2013

Still 6' 2" and weighing in at 226.4
    3/8/2013

Jan 1, 2013
    234.0. Ground 0.

January 29, 2013
    230.0. -4.0 lbs.

February 1, 2013
    228.2 -5.8 lbs.

February 8, 2013:
    225.2 -8.8 lbs.

February 21, 2013:
    223.8 -10.2 lbs.

February 26, 2013:
    221.4 -12.6 lbs.

March 1, 2013:
    220.8 -13.2 lbs.

March 6, 2013:
    220.0 -14.0 lbs. Begged the scale to get me under 220 today. It didn't listen.

March 12, 2013:

217.6 -16.4 lbs.

Unforgettable

WEll, I started my walking again last night, went further than I expected but listening to pandora on the cell phone helped. I must get this weight off for my backs sake, it has really bothered me the last two weeks and I need to get it off so those two ruptured discs can calm down some, plus doing my stretching exercises again. Do those two and cut my calories and ic an get it off.

I've stalled a little bit. I got a bad case of the Ohio River Valley crud and had to stop the daily cardio until my head and chest cleared so I could breath. I had to be careful so this junk wouldn't turn in to pneumonia. I continued to lose one to two pounds per week but not being able to exercise for two weeks might be catching up. I started exercise again yesterday so we'll see on Friday (weigh in day), I might have to think about diet to continue dropping lbs.

Unforgettable

Boss I might be wrong but as you exercise more you build muscle which weighs more than fat so at some point you have to do some type of calorie watching
    My problem is I watch calories...going into my mouth

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound. Muscle is more dense, so for example 2 lbs of muscle may take up the same space as 1 lb of fat.

I thought muscle ate fat? I am sort of dieting as I've given up sweets for lent which in my mind includes all that is good including cookies, cakes, pies, pastries, ice cream, candy, and popsicles. so my fat and calorie intake has been diminished but I'm still eating pretty well.

I have never been a big breakfast guy I usually just eat some fruit (apple) for lunch a granola bar and an orange or pineapple, and then for dinner I eat whatever I want, for instance tonight we had lasagna a salad and garlic bread. I've been knocking off about 1-2 lbs/week on this regiment since jan 1. The exercise is cardio so I can burn calories, sweat a lot and get in shape as far as breathing and stamina. I feel pretty good and the fusion in my neck was successful and I've got good mobility with no pain. Left thumb and forefinger are still a bit tingly from the extended pressure on cervical cord and DR released me.
    Last edited by blueboss; 03-16-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Unforgettable

Walked again tonight, same 3/4 mile but my back was really hurting so the pace wasn't very good. Just gotta get with it

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Walked again tonight, same 3/4 mile but my back was really hurting so the pace wasn't very good. Just gotta get with it
    It's a great start. I still haven't, but will.

Unforgettable

Walked again tonight, all 5 nights, good start for me