Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fiddlin' Five

Re: Weight Loss Thread

I played 8 years in the NFL OL, 6'6" 325, oh wait that was another guy, may be I played NBA? Solid as a rock 6'7" 245, I could take on MKG and dunk in his face....................oh wait that was another guy also. Hmmmmmm???? Come to think of it I didn't do any of that, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once, or was that another guy? What was the question???

Quote Originally Posted by cattails View Post
    I played 8 years in the NFL OL, 6'6" 325, oh wait that was another guy, may be I played NBA? Solid as a rock 6'7" 245, I could take on MKG and dunk in his face....................oh wait that was another guy also. Hmmmmmm???? Come to think of it I didn't do any of that, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once, or was that another guy? What was the question???
    not sure about the rest, but I have a good guess you had fun in the 60s.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    not sure about the rest, but I have a good guess you had fun in the 60s.

60s, 60s, 60s, wow that sounds like something I should remember, boy wish I could remember!!! Sounds like I had a hell of a good time.

Fab Five

September 13, 2012
    Weight: 185.4
    Goal: 170
    Pounds to go: 15.4
    Progress: Backward! Well, I got lazy over Labor Day. Drank too much beer watching the Uavel and Kent St. Games. I did not run for 10 days. I blame that on Isaac and football, but when you need excuses any will do. It showed up on the scales last night. I had dipped to near 180 but am back to the 185 level. I've been running 2 nights in a row. I am scheduled to take tonight off and run 4k on Friday. Saturday I plan to bike about 36 miles on the Chief Lidiga trail. The only problem with riding on the trail is knowing when to turn around and head back to the start.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 09-13-2012 at 02:55 PM.

You want to hear an excuse, Mick?

Here's mine.

I can't find my mp3 player. I have misplaced it, lost for about two months, so even though I have an exercise bag filled in my car, and I continue to pay for the (cheap) exercise facility around the corner, and it would be ultra-convenient to visit, I haven't.

How's that for "any excuse" will do?

Fab Five

LOL. I dropped my gym membership because I wasn't using it. I am now officially committed to running, biking and exercising at home. I may regret this come January.

Freshman

I've lost so much weight that my posts have disappeared from this thread.

Ok, not really, but it sounded good in my head before I typed it out.

Fab Five

Sept 24,2012
    Weight: 186.2
    Goal: 170.0
    Pounds to go: 16.2

Backsliding on weight but the good news is my running distance is improved. I am up to 4.4k. Tonight I conquered the"killer hill" at the 4k mark. The hill is 150m straight up. Tonight I went straight up the hill and then added 400m to my longest run since I started back running again. I'll trade a pound or two for getting up that damn Hill at the end of the run. I'll be at 5K in a week To 10 days and then I'll go to work on the lbs.

Unforgettable

get out on the volleyball court with your daughter.

I lose 5, gain 5. Been walking again, up to a little over a mile, couldn't go tonight as my back was really hurting. Hope to get out tomorrow night.

cattail is just preparing for being a Mexican when he goes across the border, trains on how to sneak back across and claim he is an illegal and can get all the free benefits courtesy of the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    You want to hear an excuse, Mick?

Here's mine.

I can't find my mp3 player. I have misplaced it, lost for about two months, so even though I have an exercise bag filled in my car, and I continue to pay for the (cheap) exercise facility around the corner, and it would be ultra-convenient to visit, I haven't.

How's that for "any excuse" will do?

Hey, "officially" I ran a 5k Sunday, the 2012 Sozo Children's Aventure Run. My 11-year old ran it with 8 members of his soccer team. Although the entrance form had my son's name on it, apparently they picked my name up from the check and entered it. Not only did they mess that up, they also messed up the sex.

So apparently I am an 11-year old "woman" who ran the race. Finished 49th of 165. I feel empowered.

Not only did they mess that up, they also messed up the sex.
    And that right there is where you have to draw the line. Hope nobody else was involved.
    Last edited by badrose; 09-25-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Just got back from the store. Have a new mp3 player. This one is smaller than the last one, so I stand a reasonable chance of misplacing/losing it, too, but installing the software on it now. That should take a month or so. Should be exercising again by Christmas.

4.8 miles tonight on hilly track at Chelsea Park while son had soccer practice. Will. Pay. For. It. Tomorrow.

I drove to Frankfort and back today and I still weigh 235 and I'm still 6'2" but I'm still meeting my goal of not gaining any weight. Now if I can just make it through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas at 235.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Google apps has a fantastic app sale on today--I'm going to start another thread for it, but wanted to mention one today I downloaded, Runtastic Pro.

Runtastic Pro (normally $3.99 on Google Playstore for android, $5.99 on iTunes) is only $0.25 today. The thing is AMAZING. I'm wanting to go running just so I can play with it. It does everything but run for you.

Check it out if you get a chance.

So I have a new mp3 player, and a new fantastic app--no excuses from henceforth.

Some of the features of Runtastic Pro:

Description
    Your personal tracking app for running, biking and other sports activities!

Take your fitness to a new level with runtastic.

runtastic uses GPS to map your fitness activities - running, biking, walking - and track your progress (distance, speed, calories, and more). Be part of a global fitness community that is both fun and motivational.

PRO features:
    * Voice feedback during a workout: Get audio feedback for each mile or kilometer
    * Live tracking: Show your friends and family where you are
    * Cheering: Hear cheers and receive messages live from your friends and be motivated to go even further
    * Auto pause: Session is paused automatically when you stop movement (e.g. at a red light or tying your shoe). Works for running, biking, skating, cross-country skiing and handbiking.
    * Colored traces: Different colors on the map indicate changes such as pace, elevation, heart rate, slope etc. Have a look at steep climbs and very fast intervals directly on the map.
    * runtastic Earth View: Watch your workouts in 3D, including mountains, monuments and buildings (free Google Earth App required)
    * Heart rate support: runtastic chest strap
    * Heart rate zone training and analysis: Choose a heart rate zone to monitor and optimize your training (i.e. fat-burning zone)
    * Split table with dynamic mile and kilometer split
    * Calorie goal: Set a specific calorie goal and use the voice feedback to reach your workout goal
    * Pace goal: Define your favorite pace
    * Geotagging: Take pictures during a workout and see these pictures online at your map trace
    * Weather and Temperature: Receive live weather information and save weather data automatically after a workout
    * Prediction of sunset and sunrise
    * Ad free
    Features:
    * Map your workouts in real-time with built-in GPS and monitor your progress (time, distance, speed, pace, calories, altitude, etc.)
    * Personal workout diary and metrics
    * Mapping: Detailed live mapping and historic mapping of previous sessions (Google maps)
    * Dashboard configuration: Display preferred statistics
    * Graphs: Get charts with altitude, pace, speed and heart rate information
    * Performance analysis with lap times
    * Enjoy your workouts with the integrated music player
    * Set goals for time and distance
    * Accurate calculation of elevation gain and loss
    * Manual entry of workouts: Add treadmill, spinning and weight lifting workouts
    * Monthly and overall metrics for distance, number of workouts, duration and calories
    * Share your activities on Google+, Facebook and Twitter

You can save all your workouts at runtastic.com. Using the online community you’ll get further analysis, metrics and comparisons to your friends. Additionally, you can choose a training plan and track your body statistics.

Share all your workouts easily with the Google+, Facebook and Twitter connect.

Well, after I started I actually gained two pounds pretty quickly after my first 9 miles. But I'm now at 226.8, which is down from the 232.0, and I'm happy with that.

More walking today. When I get to 220, I'll start light jogging.

I need to start running. I ran for basketball and ran cross country in high school. Lots of my co-workers run - and they love it - but I was always one of the people who ran because I had to. 20 years ago I could run all day - I just wasn't that fast. I had great endurance. Now I get tired getting out of bed! (lol) I have gained an enormous amount of weight since January - and I truly feel disgusted with myself. No one can do this but me - but night shift, living in a basement room without kitchen access, and lack of motivation keep me from getting up and going. I have been inspired by this thread. Keep up the hard work everyone. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Freshman

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    I need to start running. I ran for basketball and ran cross country in high school. Lots of my co-workers run - and they love it - but I was always one of the people who ran because I had to. 20 years ago I could run all day - I just wasn't that fast. I had great endurance. Now I get tired getting out of bed! (lol) I have gained an enormous amount of weight since January - and I truly feel disgusted with myself. No one can do this but me - but night shift, living in a basement room without kitchen access, and lack of motivation keep me from getting up and going. I have been inspired by this thread. Keep up the hard work everyone. I look forward to hearing about your progress.
    The worst part for me is just starting. Dedicate a time before, during, or after work and just start! I am always slow and in pain starting back but the results a few months later make it worth it!

Freshman

Weighed in at 190 on official scales today. Dropped a couple of pounds despite my best attempt to ruin it with European cuisine.

And imported beer. Dang I like a Dunkel Weiss...
    Last edited by dethbylt; 12-11-2012 at 03:38 PM.

I'm 2/3's of the way through the weight gain gauntlet (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas) I did pick up 3lbs and am now at 238 and expect to be close to 240 by years end. So, here we go again, Jan 1 it starts coming off with exercise and diet and I'm shooting for 215 by Easter and 210 by Derby.

No cry baby surgery excuses this year...God willing.
    Last edited by blueboss; 12-11-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Back to working out after taking some time off. Using the Tabata protocol to get jumpstarted. I can tell a difference after a week, but dang it kicks my rear. Two more weeks on Tabata before I cycle off to crossfit. Looking to join the bootcamp at the gym up the street from me but waiting until March so that all of the folks with New Year resolutions can join and then drop out. Of course, by then, the weather should be good enough that I may just prefer to be outside vs. early morning at the gym.

BTW - for anyone doing any kind of interval training that requires a timer, I highly recommend getting "HIIT Interval" app for your phone. So much easier than keeping up with a stop watch or purchasing a special timer.

It's 2013 who wants to do a KSR public humiliation diet?

This makes sense...weighing yourself every day and posting the results online...if you gain weight you get laughed at and feel like an idiot so it makes you want to keep the weight off

http://deadspin.com/5972345/the-publ...ium=socialflow

I will do it if it is weekly. I stunk in 2012 at this, though.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Re: It's 2013 who wants to do a KSR public humiliation diet?

I will do it if it is weekly. I stunk in 2012 at this, though.

It's whatever you want, you can do it daily or weekly, it's better to do it daily so you can actually see your progress, it motivates you to continue and lifts up your esteem.

Start whenever you want, just post your weight and what your goal is...I can keep record at the first post or we could just let the thread go as is

Also here is an article I found...9 foods that reduce your stress level that'll replace unhealthy sweets

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...145300125.html

I highly recommend this. I've lost 28 lbs using it. A friend of mine has lost over 40 lbs with it and another friend 25 lbs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Okay it starts today, 6'2" 238. I'm on the elliptical starting today/tomorrow and right after I eat these beef short ribs I cooked on the grill and drowned in BBQ sauce I'll start looking at what and when I eat.

I'll get back to you guys a week from Friday.

6'0, 233.4. Yech. Plus I'm still eating awful, and made a batch of crockpot chocolate last night.