Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: NCAA president Mark Emmert confirms North Carolina could face sanctions...

NCAA president Mark Emmert confirms North Carolina could face sanctions...

NCAA president Mark Emmert told CBSSports.com on Monday that the NCAA hasn't yet determined whether North Carolina will face additional sanctions because of allegations of academic fraud pertaining to former student-athletes.

"We'll continue to monitor the situation and see what the facts are as they unfold from the investigations that [UNC] is involved with," Emmert said. "... And [then we'll see] if there's anything further that we need to do at that time."

Emmert's comments represent the first public confirmation from the NCAA that North Carolina remains susceptible to further sanctions because of previously undiscovered but now documented classes that featured little or no instruction and appear designed to do nothing more than keep student-athletes eligible. In light of the developments, UNC chancellor Holden Thorp announced last month that he will step down at the end of this academic calendar.

"[North Carolina is] working very diligently to get to the bottom of it," Emmert said. "We'll just have to see what the facts are as they become clearer."

(right and i got some land in Fla to sale)

Re: NCAA president Mark Emmert confirms North Carolina could face sanctions...

Like you, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

He's just blowing smoke to take a little heat off the NCAA for not doing their job. He spilled the beans by saying: "[North Carolina is] working very diligently to get to the bottom of it." Everybody knows they have been working very diligently to cover up their mess.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Okay, I'll just go ahead and say what everybody is thinking............. "what a big, steaming crock full of bullyang! "

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Okay, I'll just go ahead and say what everybody is thinking............. "what a big, steaming crock full of bullyang! "
    Yeah, but the bullYIN is soooo much better, i.e., less... umm, steaming?

'diligently digging a huge hole with NCAA provided shovels to bury the whole thing in" We are fully confident that the committee conducting the investigation took legitimate courses at legitimate colleges and have legitimate degrees.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

...the NCAA hasn't yet determined whether North Carolina will face additional sanctions because of allegations of academic fraud pertaining to former student-athletes.
    ...Emmert said, "... And [then we'll see] if there's anything further that we need to do at that time."

WHAT EXACTLY HAVE THEY DONE TO THEM SO FAR??
    Last edited by Lfbj00; 10-03-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

It should not be Emmert's decision. Despite what he believes, he is not "king of the world"

KOTW.jpg
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Emmert and the NCAA bringing the hammer down on UNC??? BwaHahahahahahaha.....

The pompous ba$tards will skate. I know it, you know it, Emmert knows it.

Go to Hell, Carolina.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by thedeerehunter View Post
    The pompous ba$tards will skate. I know it, you know it, Emmert knows it.

Go to Hell, Carolina.
    And the NCAA too!

When Pigs fly is right, Dan.

Fiddlin' Five

This is one of the all time fraud cases in NCAA history, both basketball and football and the NCAA acts like it is little to nothing. UK would have already been roasted.