Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: ksr bracket contest details here

ksr bracket contest details here

Will be a yahoo group so if you don't have a free yahoo acct then get one. I'll put up/a group tonight or tomorrow
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: ksr bracket contest details here

OK--ITS UP

LINK HERE

Your pool ID# is 152801 and your password is: julius (all lower case)

I have decided to up the prize based on warren buffett/dan gilberts motivation. If anybody gets ALL first round games correct they get 1 dollar (yes, big whoop) but it goes up by 10 fold for each round that they get perfect. In other words if you get the first rd correct its a buck, then you get all 2nd it $11, if you get the 3rd its $111, you get the 4th its $1,111, the 5th then its $11,111, all then you pocket $111,111... sure, its not a billion but I ain't Buffett and you don't have to go all the way to get payed off.
    Last edited by Doc; 03-16-2014 at 11:53 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doc, I know the odds are well against it--but for your sake, do you want to limit this to members of this board (just in case a bunch of others join the bracket contest from word-of-mouth, etc.?)

LOL, I'm not overly worried. last year NOBODY on ESPN got the entire first round correct. If somebody does, I'll gladly send them a dollar. If somebody makes it 100% thru two rounds, I'll send them $11 buck but if they make it 3 rounds then I'm calling them a cheater!

I'll add that the its for OUR group only. Not any world wide thing.

Unnecessary rant deleted. My apologies for the previous post. Apparently my acceptance to the group was delayed.

Game on.
    Last edited by Krank; 03-18-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Krank, I was going to set up a Yahoo account for you and make it happen. Glad it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Krank, I was going to set up a Yahoo account for you and make it happen. Glad it worked.
    Super nice of you, Darrell. Thanks. Glad it worked too.

Yahoo giving me all kinds of trouble...as usual. The last time I had anything to do with them was the last bracket game they sponsored, and I had similar trouble then. Related to an old AOL e-mail account I had, Yahoo now doesn't recognize my registered account which I used to set up my bracket yesterday but instead require me receiving and replying to an e-mail at the old AOL e-mail addy...which no longer exists.

So...one just uses the online help or contacts Yahoo via their toll free number, right? The e-mail support is not active and I sat on hold for fourty minutes waiting for them to accept my call...which was very, very important to them of course.

Since my cell phone is tied to the Billion dollar give away bracket registration, under my new and up to date e-mail account that Yahoo won't recognize...I can't register again without sacrificing the brackets I created (including that one) The cell number is how I am identified as a participant...which is forever linked to an active account Yahoo now doesn't recognize. And I'm not about to give them another phone number or spend hours trying to getn them on the phone.
    I assume the giveaway has them limiting their help services, and is what's swamping their phone lines.

Anyway..the bottomline is, I'm finished with those yahoos and I'll rely on updates here as to how Im doing.

As for my other bracket...well WB will call me and hand deliver I'm sure when I win the1,000,000,000.00
    Last edited by kingcat; 03-19-2014 at 11:49 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Yahoo giving me all kinds of trouble...as usual. The last time I had anything to do with them was the last bracket game they sponsored, and I had similar trouble then. Related to an old AOL e-mail account I had, Yahoo now doesn't recognize my registered account which I used to set up my bracket yesterday but instead require me receiving and replying to an e-mail at the old AOL e-mail addy...which no longer exists.

So...one just uses the online help or contacts Yahoo via their toll free number, right? The e-mail support is not active and I sat on hold for fourty minutes waiting for them to accept my call...which was very, very important to them of course.

Since my cell phone is tied to the Billion dollar give away bracket registration, under my new and up to date e-mail account that Yahoo won't recognize...I can't register again without sacrificing the brackets I created (including that one) The cell number is how I am identified as a participant...which is forever linked to an active account Yahoo now doesn't recognize. And I'm not about to give them another phone number or spend hours trying to getn them on the phone.
    I assume the giveaway has them limiting their help services, and is what's swamping their phone lines.

Anyway..the bottomline is, I'm finished with those yahoos and I'll rely on updates here as to how Im doing.

As for my other bracket...well WB will call me and hand deliver I'm sure when I win the1,000,000,000.00
    Dave, your picks are in. I see your bracket (not the picks, just he bracket, can't see the actual picks until the games start)

I'd like to play but even though I play other yahoo games they won't let me join unless I give them my cell number. That ain't happening

Collin's picks are my 13-year old son's. I really don't remember, but he claims he played last year and won, as he was the only rational one that picked Louisville. He's probably right.

I'm trying to spring free here in a minute and put my own in, but the family is represented if I don't get my picks in.

I'm in. Easy.

Not a lot of thought put into the picks, but really, I don't think studying this much at the end of the season, ignoring general knowledge from games that occurred all year, is going to improve my picks much anyway--same philosophy I used in school not to study for finals.

Oops.

Thanks for running it again, Doc.

I don't believe you have to give your cell # to make a bracket and join a pool. Only to participate in the giveaway..correct?

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Dave, your picks are in. I see your bracket (not the picks, just he bracket, can't see the actual picks until the games start)
    Thanks Doc. Yeah, I can't access them however because Yahoo doesn't recognize that user name.

But yet I can't use it in registering again because it's already registered to me, but instead of the active gmail account I now use (and when I signed up), it is tied to an old AOL account that has been inactive for months.

When I try to get it straitened out using the available help functions, Yahoo will only send my info to the alternate e-mail...at AOL.
    Other than those failed attempts, getting them on the phone has proven hopeless.

Anyway, I'm happy to have some picks up there, even though I can't visit them myself.

Collin's picks are my 13-year old son's. I really don't remember, but he claims he played last year and won, as he was the only rational one that picked Louisville. He's probably right.

I'm trying to spring free here in a minute and put my own in, but the family is represented if I don't get my picks in.
    Well, that's weird. Collin's picks are no longer there. I saw them earlier, but he's not listed. He has his own Yahoo email account, and used his own cell phone, so it had nothing to do with me entering, too, but somehow he got booted out. He will be very unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I don't believe you have to give your cell # to make a bracket and join a pool. Only to participate in the giveaway..correct?
    Wouldn't let me in period. That's weird because we use Yahoo for our NASCAR league and our College football pick em league and I've never had to do that before.

Sorry, I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by fastkat View Post
    Wouldn't let me in period. That's weird because we use Yahoo for our NASCAR league and our College football pick em league and I've never had to do that before.

Doc, I know the odds are well against it--but for your sake, do you want to limit this to members of this board (just in case a bunch of others join the bracket contest from word-of-mouth, etc.?)
    My account is safe. Only one person (Terminus) was close on day one but he missed one so everybody is out of the running for the cash.

Won't let me back in to look at my bracket now. Just says I'm not a member of this group. Don't know if I'm still there or not.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Won't let me back in to look at my bracket now. Just says I'm not a member of this group. Don't know if I'm still there or not.

You're there, in LAST place! I can see you bracket. If you can't I suspect its because you have the red hue on your monitor turned off (LOL)

Standings this morning - this is ugly, because I don't know how to format, but they are in top-to-bottom order.

If you look at Mike--in 1st place--here are what the numbers mean:

32 = number of correct picks. That's not what has him in first place, though.

38 = total points. That's what has him in first place.

174 = total possible points. If he gets all his picks correct the rest of the tournament (that are still possible), that's how many points he can get.

1 = place in our pool.

Standings
    Rank

Owner

Bracket

Correct Picks

Possible Pts

mike

Terminus's Tweakers

Brad Tune

Brad Tune's Primo Bracket

Doc

Un-Doc-umented workers

Collin

Collin's Optimal Bracket

DonnieK

thedonnie123's Top Bracket

patrick

Patrick's CR Bracket

James

James's Groovy Bracket

Darrell

Darrell's Definitive Bracket

Eric

BigBlue92-1

Tim G

Tim G's Tip-Top Bracket

Brian

BEvans' Brilliant Bracket

David

Kingcat's Pix

Krankenstein

UKrankALLTime#ONEWinS#NINEnow!

Bill

CatFan73's Bodacious Bracket

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 03-23-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Hey, I didn't say it was pretty. Just bodacious.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I'm top dog right now. Got 12 of the sweet 16 correct which is cool and 7 of my elite 8 picks (Kansas out) still alive

I'm hoping to fall WAY behind after Friday night.

In case anybody was interested in who the winner was, well, twas I.

And I was also the winner over on the Wichita State group. Figured I'd put my entry in over on their group too. Seems I was top dog there as well.

Want to know something extremely sad?

I put in an entry in a court reporter's pool here in town. Had 242 entries. I came in 5th place. Picked Kentucky to lose in the Sweet Sixteen to Louisville. Yes, if I had them going to the championship game, I would've won.

This sucks. Cost me a $250 gift certificate to Ruth's Chris. Will I ever pick against Kentucky again? I don't know, but I'm now not inclined to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    In case anybody was interested in who the winner was, well, twas I.

And I was also the winner over on the Wichita State group. Figured I'd put my entry in over on their group too. Seems I was top dog there as well.