Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Pet cat holds family hostage, survives by calling 911....Suncat?

Pet cat holds family hostage, survives by calling 911....Suncat?

Ever receive any calls like this one?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

Sorry, I can't imagine even a "22 pound" cat holding my family "hostage." Somehow, I think I could take him without needing the assistance of the police authorities.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Pet cat holds family hostage, survives by calling 911....Suncat?

Here kitty, kitty, kitty...........
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

A 22 pound cat? My God, what is that cat eating? But more importantly, what DOESN'T it eat?

And do those people have any kids missing?
    MOLON LABE!

What a family protector. Hope a vicious squirrel doesn't do a home invasion on this fearless man.

Scanned the story quick to find out the breed, Himalayans get big and can have tempers, but it's not going to rip your arm off like a chimp or orangutan, it's going to claw you while you get a blanket over it and get it crated. You'll live.

What a girly man. Called the police on a house cat.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Cats can be fierce. I saw a tv reporter trying to promote a animal shelter. The cat attacked horribly enough on the crotch.

I would say wear a cup, gloves, and jacket he should be alright.

Odd and scary.

A squirt gun loaded with ammonia, a baseball bat, a golf club, or a sling shot anyone?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    A squirt gun loaded with ammonia, a baseball bat, a golf club, or a sling shot anyone?
    "I won't need it, Barn. Fluffy and I have been friends for years."

via mobile app

If that cat had attacked my seven month old I wouldn't be getting a blanket or a bat. I would have a butcher knife in my hand.

Rupp's Runt

Rule #15: Never, ever confront an angry cat up close. Electric cattle prods work well. Pepper spray is effective too. But when all else fails, a .22-250 is a great equalizer.
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

And CBBN is 100% correct! What kind of little wussy boy calls the po-lice on a cat? I mean, c'mon, dude, you called the po-lice on a cat?

Some people just should not be allowed to breed..........
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

And sorry Darrell, I did not answer your original question: no, in all the years that I've been on the job, I have never had a "bad kitty" call. Dog calls, alligator calls, skunk & possum calls, bears, panthers, snake calls, various birds, deer, wild pigs, but never a cat. Not once.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    "I won't need it, Barn. Fluffy and I have been friends for years."

via mobile app
    Gosh, no "The Andy Griffith Show" fans here? I was quite proud of that quote/fit here!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    And sorry Darrell, I did not answer your original question: no, in all the years that I've been on the job, I have never had a "bad kitty" call. Dog calls, alligator calls, skunk & possum calls, bears, panthers, snake calls, various birds, deer, wild pigs, but never a cat. Not once.
    Well, thank heavens you have avoided *that* life-threatening danger!

Rupp's Runt

One other animal call I've not been on, but I know a couple of guys that have been, and they both just got ate up........bad & escaped monkey calls. I kid you not, two different incidents, both officers tried to capture a monkey and the monkey got the better part of the deal both times.
    My take on monkey calls.........call the experts at Animal Control, or the Florida Wildlife Commission.

Oh, I'm sitting at my desk and this call comes in: one of the local banks just called, they have a snake inside the bank, the bank staff is freaking out! So, we have our resident snake expert Deputy enroute to identify what kind of snake it is and perhaps remove it from the inside of the premises.

I love my job!!
    Last edited by suncat05; 03-12-2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling error
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

It was a black snake.
    MOLON LABE!

Monkeys are more dangerous, now you're talking about a wild animal with enough teeth and viciousness to send you to the ER if they get at you the right way. Probably not kill you, but tear you up to needing stitches or lose a finger or something. I'd just shoot those suckers. At least get a big strong net.

suncat -- 22-250 is a good varmint round for sure, but from 2 feet? What do you hunt deer with, 50 Cal?

When I moved to Lexington I was amazed how many squirrel there were when we used to go hiking for hours to hunt them. I proposed we hunt some over on UK's campus but just use a package of fries and a hammer. The best part is when people aren't quite sure if you're serious or not.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.