Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: OT: End of another chapter in a family book

OT: End of another chapter in a family book

Tryouts for next year's volleyball team are Monday through Thursday of next week. My freshman daughter made a decision that she will not try out.

She is very busy with other activities, and frankly, has some physical issues with her shoulder and back that seem to recur from time to time. She had her best year ever as a volleyball player last year, as the starting libero, with several of those moments that you'll remember forever (playing against arch-rival, tied in final set, and she serves 12 straight winners in route to a 15-2 win kinda thing).

I love volleyball probably as much as any spectator sport. It is fun, fast, and intense. Every point can be thrilling and full of excitement.

I think she made a wise decision. But I will truly, truly miss going to those games.

She has three more years of high school, and three more years (hopefully) of show choir competitions, which I dearly love. So she still has more chapters, but this one, one near and dear to my heart, having coached her several years in volleyball until last year, is one I will greatly miss.

Re: OT: End of another chapter in a family book

I know your feeling on this. Both my girls played tennis, the oldest played at Georgetown College and she wouldn't have been able to go there if it hadn't been for tennis and the academic/tennis package they were able to put together for her. The youngest also played through high school. Had shoulder/back issues off and on throughout, more on than off toward the end. She wanted to play college and could have at a smaller school but decided the physical issues were just to great.

Practiced/hit with both of them throughout their years playing and that was a special time for me with both of them. Loved watching them play and compete win or lose. Memories that just can't be replaced!

Re: OT: End of another chapter in a family book

Quote Originally Posted by AshCat View Post
    I know your feeling on this. Both my girls played tennis, the oldest played at Georgetown College and she wouldn't have been able to go there if it hadn't been for tennis and the academic/tennis package they were able to put together for her. The youngest also played through high school. Had shoulder/back issues off and on throughout, more on than off toward the end. She wanted to play college and could have at a smaller school but decided the physical issues were just to great.

Practiced/hit with both of them throughout their years playing and that was a special time for me with both of them. Loved watching them play and compete win or lose. Memories that just can't be replaced!
    I was clearing off some space off my camcorder, uploading to my computer last week, and saw two matches of hers from last year that were on there. I was thinking I would do a better job this year of recording more of them.

I'm just glad I have those. It's part of life, I know. She actually is making a mature decision that I'm proud of her for making, but I think it hurts me worse than her lol.

AshCat, I know what you mean about "win or lose." It never was about that watching her play. Of course, I rooted for her team to win, but it was just the sheer enjoyment of watching your child.

Glad you experienced it so long. Wonderful memories, indeed.