Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Nasty weather ahead for KY

Nasty weather ahead for KY

Check your local forecast. Ice and snow to cover the entire state beginning later this afternoon and continuing until mid day tomorrow. Predictions are for enough ice in many areas to knock out power and down tree limbs.

Please be very careful with generators and auxiliary heating options.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Nasty weather ahead for KY

Amen and if you are in an area with the above ground power lines and can stay with folks who have the ones running underground, do so.
    Grammy and I expect a full house in our little house; but it isn't so little as to not be able to fit our younguns and grandyounguns for a night or two.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Oh, and by the way if you are going to the grocery for eggs, bread, milk - please remember to leave your bread wrapper open because you can't make good french toast with fresh bread, and don't forget the syrup!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Heavy sleet started about an hour ago here on the sunny side of Louisville.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I bought a generator this past fall at the auction, hadn't even tried to fire it up yet. I made sure to do that today, she fires up good (a Honda) despite not being super clean. Only 1800 watt continuous load (2500 peak) but more than enough for my modest needs. I dont' have any big freezers, keep little food in the fridge at a given time (if it all goes bad I'm out maybe $100 max), but it'll run the computers and internet and such no problem, and I have unvented gas logs to heat things.

Really hoping to avoid the power outages, we'll see.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

It looks like we dodged the "ice storm" part of the storm, however we have an awful lot of sleet piling up with snow still to come....we'll see
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Guess I didn't prepare quite as good as I should have. Bought an 8750 watt generator last spring, and that was all. It's setting in my garage, has never had gas put in it or even started up. Went out today after work to get the necessary stuff to hook it up in case of emergency and ABSOLUTELY none of the necessary items were available. ALL sold out everywhere I went and called. Hope the power doesn't go out cause I'm gonna feel really stupid if it does. But at least I'm not alone cause saw others everywhere I went looking for the same items.

Road out here in the country has a skim of ice on it, the above ground objects have a glaze of ice also and it is beginning to accumulate. Precip changes from sleet to light rain frequently so this could be a mess with the air temp currently at 28 and forecast to drop to about 20 over night.
    seeya
    dan

All sleet for the last hour. Hope that continues. I will be warm tonight but do hope the power stays on. I did not buy fresh flashlight batteries
    seeya
    dan

Very little icing to report and that is a good thing. 3 inches of sleet and 3 1/2 inches of snow is not a good thing
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

My daughter sent me a screenshot of her weather app in Oklahoma City yesterday. It was 8* with snow showers, and school for today had been cancelled.
    I will be soooooooo glad when she graduates in May and comes home to Florida where she belongs!
    MOLON LABE!

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by AshCat View Post
    Guess I didn't prepare quite as good as I should have. Bought an 8750 watt generator last spring, and that was all. It's setting in my garage, has never had gas put in it or even started up. Went out today after work to get the necessary stuff to hook it up in case of emergency and ABSOLUTELY none of the necessary items were available. ALL sold out everywhere I went and called. Hope the power doesn't go out cause I'm gonna feel really stupid if it does. But at least I'm not alone cause saw others everywhere I went looking for the same items.
    We have all been there. Bought a lantern to ride out one hurricane scare. Didn't have the right size batteries to go in it. Wasn't able to use it. Put it away and the second time I lost power I still hadn't purchased the right size battery. Sometimes are lives are too busy.

Another underperforming snow event for Louisville. We were supposed to get .25" of ice and 4-6 inches of snow. Very little ice (yea!) and about 2 inches of snow here in Jeffersontown. Just enough to make driving ugly.

Supposed to warm up later this week--hopefully this will be the last of winter.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Look what we got coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I should add, I'm the pin in the picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

That is a nasty squall line headed your way for sure. Time to monitor the severe weather alerts in about an hour or so
    seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

We had 3 tornado WARNINGS go out. Not watches, but warnings.

Everything OK in your neck of the woods?
    seeya
    dan

Paging Doc, paging Mr Doc!
    seeya
    dan

Sunny today, typical Florida weather

seeya
    dan

Finally a nice day in Lexvegas. Would be nice if winter was behind us, but I still think I need to move.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.