Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: He always greeted me at the door...

He always greeted me at the door...

, grabbing my hand with his mouth several times leading me to the bedroom where he'd jump up on the bed. I'd rub his ears while he stuck his nose into my chest and get a few big whiffs and occasionally nibble my chin. He'd then roll onto his back and I'd rub his belly until his eyes would gaze over until he fell asleep.

He had no real talents like the Weimies I'd had previously. Couldn't play hide 'n' seek, couldn't care less about retrieving a tennis ball, I couldn't have a meal without him begging, couldn't leave him alone without him finding some kind of paper to shred.

Mimicking his noises and movements would really get his ire up and doing the descending escalator behind the couch never failed to freak him out as he always had to check to see if I was back there.

He could hear the school bus screech to a halt in front of the house and waited near the front door to greet my girls as they walked in and when Sarah came home he had a snuggle buddy until bedtime when I had to muster the energy to move him out of my spot.

It was a good twelve year run, and I'll miss him dearly.

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Rupp's Runt

Re: He always greeted me at the door...

So sorry for your loss.

Even though they're "just dogs", once they and we bond together, we're all family. I think that's what God intended, and the reason they are called "man's best friend".
    MOLON LABE!

What a sweetie. Sorry he's gone badrose, tough to lose a friend who loves you so unconditionally.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Badrose,

My condolences. Bless you and yours at this time.

I'm very sorry, Badrose.

via mobile app

So sorry for your loss. Losing an animal is tough..

And he will greet you again at the Gates, badrose.
    We are promised a great family reunion; I would hate to think that someone so special to us would not be there.

Prayers for you and yours, sir.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I just thought he deserved a tribute of sorts. He was, above all else, a companion. That was his talent, maybe his only one, but he was really good at it.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

And a great tribute given him by his pet human.
    The three photos are awesome but none more so that the second one with your little one.
    As a companion I would say he was talented far beyond our understanding of the word.

You were lucky to have him for those twelve years, as was he.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

That is worth more than anything. God bless you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    I just thought he deserved a tribute of sorts. He was, above all else, a companion. That was his talent, maybe his only one, but he was really good at it.

Sorry my friend.

You know how I believe, that is, that everything is still living (or yet to live) in it's own time, so he's never really gone from God's point of view. (There is good and bad in that however, as you well know. Friendship and love is never a bad thing though.)

I have no doubt that God is able to place him back with you when we come into His Kingdom. No doubt at all.

Still, I'm very, very sorry.
    Last edited by kingcat; 03-05-2014 at 05:47 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Sad to hear bad, its never easy to say goodbye.