Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: So yesterday the Navy Blue Angels won their 4th come-from-behind game

So yesterday the Navy Blue Angels won their 4th come-from-behind game

of the last two seasons, three of them double-digit deficits. (7th grade boys team--not as "Navy Blue Angely as my 4th grade girls team, which may have been my favorite to coach of all time.)

Can't figure out what we're doing wrong to fall behind. We've tried various starting lineups, and sometimes we get ahead, other times it's like we were sleepwalking. Saturday we blasted ahead and had a nice 23-point win where we lead from the opening tip.

Sunday, against a little better team, we fell behind 10 points in the opening quarter, battled back to trail by 6 by halftime, outscored them 15-3 in the 3rd quarter--and then, apparently deciding we'd rest on our good fortune, decided to only score 6 points in the 4th quarter. Fortunately, 4 of them were in the last 10 seconds of the game as we got two steals and two layups to win by 2.

Kids show a lot of character, but I am wondering what I'm doing as coach to put us in these difficult positions.

Suggestions welcome.

Re: So yesterday the Navy Blue Angels won their 4th come-from-behind game

I heard their coach said the regular-season title doesn't mean much, so the team is demotivated.

Of course, that's just what I heard....
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Lol, thanks. Listen, our regular season ends next weekend (we have a bye the final weekend) and I've already calculated all the permutations of wins and losses for us to win the regular season. Tournament is big, though.

via mobile app