Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

* Play KSR Game Contest: Kentucky v Auburn *

Just beating Doc's 8 or 9 hour rule!

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory. If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Will it continue? Predict the combined number of minutes, points, assists and rebounds played by Jon Hood & Jarrod Polson.

TB: Number of blocked shots Kentucky has + number of turnovers Auburn suffers (i.e., we're looking at UK's defense here), combined (just one number).

Good luck!

Re: * Play KSR Game Contest: Kentucky v Auburn *

Cats +8
    Julius Randle, 19
    Polson/Hood combo calculation: 9
    TB: 19

1. + 7

2. James Young, 18

3. 17

TB: 20

UK +20
    Poythress, 18

KY by 11 WCS 18 17 16

UK by 13
    James Young 23
    TB: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Just beating Doc's 8 or 9 hour rule!
    With the way my computer is working, I'd have to started yesterday just to get it up today. On my way to drop my tower off with my computer guy

1) UK by17

2) Denson w/19

3) 20

TB) 10
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doc, just noticed you haven't won since Vanderbilt. You were red hot (and still lead everyone with 5 wins), but have cooled off with the weather. Time to get going again.

Get out the sharpie and write it down

Also Survival game part two is up. Get in now
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

UK by 15

Randle 22

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

UK + 11
    Andrew H. 18

1. UK by 14
    2. Randle, 24
    3. 16
    TB: 22

1) Cats by 11
    2) James Young 221
    3) 17

tb) 16
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    2) James Young 221
    Can I assume this prediction was incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

He took enough shots to score that many.

via mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    He took enough shots to score that many.

via mobile app
    Yep, I meant to put 2 for 21 I'm also guessing I didn't make it three in a row?
    Last edited by blueboss; 02-12-2014 at 10:06 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Unfortunately I read the tie breaker as blocks and steals, not blocks and turnovers

Unfortunately I read the tie breaker as blocks and steals, not blocks and turnovers
    Yikes--sorry, Doc. Funny thing--I started to do that as the tiebreaker, but realized the number would be somewhat low--and decided to include forced and unforced errors by the opponent as part of our defense to make the number bigger.

EDIT--Actually, Doc--it worked out the same for you, regardless. UK had 3 blocked shots + 6 steals, or 9. You picked 10, which was only 1 off. On the other hand, UK had 3 blocked shots + Auburn had 8 turnovers, for 11, which was only 1 off.

I was grading, got a telephone call and got interrupted, but saw that while I was on the phone and interrupted my grading before I got to the final point and wanted to mention this.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 02-13-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post
    Cats +8
    Nice pick--I thought my 7 was good, but you nailed it on the nose for the first KSR point.

2) Denson w/19
    All over this one--wish I had studied it a bit. Very logical pick and very well done for the 2nd KSR point.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    3. 16
    Dang, thought I might've tied for this one with my "17" prediction, but the Krankster again with a dynamite pick.

Polson alone played, but he contributed 11 minutes of PT, + 3 points (nice 3-pointer when we needed it) + rebound + 1 assist, for a total of 16, and Krank nailed it on the nose!

3rd KSR point to Krank.

As prevously mentioned in my edit to the reply I had to Doc earlier this morning, Kentucky had 3 blocked shots and Auburn only had 8 turnovers for a grand total of 11 for the magic tiebreaker number.

And Doc--regardless of misreading the tiebreaker, came up with a good one (it was good both ways) that was closest to the actual number, and as they say, "It ain't bragging if you can back it up," so Doc's "Sharpie" comment proved prophetic, as he walks away with the Auburn winner.

I actually think it is fitting that Doc--an Auburn/Kentucky guy anyway--wins this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post
    TB: 19

TB) 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    TB: 22