Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Pete Seeger passes at Age 94

Fab Five

Pete Seeger passes at Age 94

Folk performer and recording artist Pete Seeger died in NYC today. He was the father of Bob Seeger who performed with the 70s vintage Silver Bullet Band. Pete's politics were a bit to the left of my tolerance, but there is no denying his talent. My lasting impression of him was his performance back in the 80s at Wolf Trap, one of my favorite concert venues.

Re: Pete Seeger passes at Age 94

I was never a huge Pete fan, but he fathered a tremendous artist in his son Bob. Bob is one of my favorite singer songwriters of all time.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Didn't see the sarcasm font color, so forgive me if I missed the irony of it but Pete Seeger and Bob Seger are not related.
    Although both are tremendously talented at what they do or did.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Didn't see the sarcasm font color, so forgive me if I missed the irony of it but Pete Seeger and Bob Seger are not related.
    Pappy I always assumed they were father and son and did no research to prove it. A quick google search sure proves that you are correct. Thanks for the info
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I'm not poking fun at Dan, but it reminds me of a story when I was in school in New Orleans. We had a classmate that was so naive, my roommate thought it was great fun to tell him tales.

I remember one day he convinced that guy that we were going to school with Maurice Chevalier's nephew, whose last name was Charrier. He finally convinced him one day to ask the guy to sing, "Thank Heaven for Little Girls," and the guy looked at him like he was an idiot.

Just FYI, but the naive classmate is now a judge in Louisiana. I can't tell you how many times I've laughed about that story.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. I have seen it reported as them being related many times.