Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Can I get some more views?

Can I get some more views?

On my Flickr page? Badrose and Dan, do you guys have one of these? Whats a better way to get my pictures seen?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9754082...th/12006901605

Re: Can I get some more views?

Before I answer, I need to know why you want your images to have more viewers. If I know that, I might have a suggestion or two
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

More than anything I think its an ego thing. I follow others on Flickr that have pics with hundreds of views if not more. Not sure how they are doing it.

Twitter would be a start and if you join photography on the net (Dan provided the link) and post some of your stuff there and provide a link in your signature that would help a bit I'd think.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

BTW I noticed that your picture on the main page are pretty big already (relatively speaking). Maybe people are looking at those without clicking to enlarge.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

ok, thanks guys. Should I make them smaller on the main page? Not sure I can but I'll figure it out if so.

Thank you both

I agree with badrose about reducing the size of the thumbnails. Might also consider separate galleries for the different content of the pics. Wildlife, landscapes, barns, vintage equipment, etc and put 2 of your best photos of each category up as links to the galleries.

Last but not least for me as a viewer is ether you or flicker strips the exif data from the photos and I wish it did not. I do not want to see gps coordinates in the pics, but I do greatly enjoy being able to use one of my plugins to click on the photo and see what camera is used, what focal length, f/stop, ISO, and exposure time. That is not going to affect the casual observer's viewership at all, but when I look at photos and see a feature I like or something a bit odd, I like to sort out what happened and why.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Excellent stuff Dan, Thanks