Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: "Factory blemish" pistol?

"Factory blemish" pistol?

Is that some paint issue, or what? Anything related to safety, reliability, durability?

Here's one I've looked at from time to time, and coincidentally, it's at Bud's as a factory blemished item for sale:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ACTORY%20BLEM/

Freshman

Re: "Factory blemish" pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Is that some paint issue, or what? Anything related to safety, reliability, durability?

Here's one I've looked at from time to time, and coincidentally, it's at Bud's as a factory blemished item for sale:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ACTORY%20BLEM/
    There's no way they could sell anything with safety or reliability issues due to liability issues.

I believe they all will be just scratched, or used in gun shows and worn slightly. Check this out: Judge forum on blemishes.

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Rupp's Runt

Most likely a blemish of a cosmetic nature. If it was something of a mechanical nature they most likely would not be advertising it at all.
    MOLON LABE!

It's cosmetic. Samples and demos that have wear. taurus does it and so do a few others. Wish I was big enough to have their blemish contract, guns with full warranty but discounted due to non-firing wear do well compared to what most makers let them go for to the dealer. A lot of gun people REALLY care about the finish, but for shooters and defense guns there are plenty who don't care if it has a scratch here and there. Esp. on non-blued finishes.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

My wife has a nickle plated 38 S+W Chief that the plating is peeling off in a couple spots. It'S not wearing, just a couple small spots peeled to the metal.

Rupp's Runt

Some people get all caught up in how the gun "looks", as opposed to how it will function at that critical moment when you may need it to work like it is made to do. Myself, I don't care how ugly or pretty it is, I just need it to work as it is intended to.
    Guns are just like work boots. They can be ugly all day long, I do not care as long as both do exactly what they're supposed to do for the purposes of my particular needs.
    MOLON LABE!

Freshman

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Some people get all caught up in how the gun "looks", as opposed to how it will function at that critical moment when you may need it to work like it is made to do. Myself, I don't care how ugly or pretty it is, I just need it to work as it is intended to.
    Guns are just like work boots. They can be ugly all day long, I do not care as long as both do exactly what they're supposed to do for the purposes of my particular needs.

It just needs to go "BANG" when I want it to. Make the purchase, D, if you are comfortable with the caliber and feel of the weapon.

Sometimes blemished guns can have out of aligned strikings on the barrel of the company name, caliber, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I thought you were going to compare it to wives. Boots was a better choice!
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

I started to, and then thought better of it. That's one of those "lose-lose" propositions once it is said in public. I get in enough hot water as it is without compounding the problem even more by engaging mouth before brain.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I thought you were going to compare it to wives. Boots was a better choice!
    Oh, my....you guys are really trying to get in trouble, aren't you?