Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: France Wants to ban the words "Mother" and "Father" on official documents

France Wants to ban the words "Mother" and "Father" on official documents

If this were happening in the USA, how would you react?

I could see using all 3 words; Mother, Father, and Parents depending on the situation, but doing away with Mother and Father just seems like overkill to me. Having a Mother and a Father is important to me personally, and I do not like the idea of having that distinction taken away on official or unofficial documents.

Linkage

Is this a situation where the rights of the minority are trampling the rights of the majority?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: France Wants to ban the words "Mother" and "Father" on official documents

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If this were happening in the USA, how would you react?

I could see using all 3 words; Mother, Father, and Parents depending on the situation, but doing away with Mother and Father just seems like overkill to me. Having a Mother and a Father is important to me personally, and I do not like the idea of having that distinction taken away on official or unofficial documents.

Linkage

Is this another situation where the rights of the minority are trampling the rights of the majority?
    Fixed.

I saw this yesterday and started to post it but there's only so many hours in a day. Like Elvis, Common Sense has left the building.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

I can assure the French that every single person on every single legal document has a mother and a father. They may not know them, but they have one. The last one who didn't founded a major religion.

Even he had both.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRay View Post
    Even he had both.
    lol, true. It was as close as I could think of for someone for which mother/father didn't work.

I know what they're saying, but if you have gay parents "mother" and "father" don't still work? Nonsense.