Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: New Year's Resolutions?

New Year's Resolutions?

Post 'em, and be accountable. I'm still working on mine.

Sent using Forum Runner

Re: New Year's Resolutions?

I never make'm, but should we start another weight loss thread 2014 version or just dig up the old one?
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I never make'm, but should we start another weight loss thread 2014 version or just dig up the old one?
    Fresh start?

I have gained a lot of weight in November/December. Embarrassed to say how much, but at least I had a very nice weight loss for the year. Need to repeat it this year.

Sent using Forum Runner

New Year's Resolutions?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Fresh start?

I have gained a lot of weight in November/December. Embarrassed to say how much, but at least I had a very nice weight loss for the year. Need to repeat it this year.

Sent using Forum Runner
    I've netted around a 13 lb loss on the year. I started around 244 last year between Xmass and New Year, by May I was down to around 215. After two weeks in Savannah and FL I came home around 225 (ugh), I then managed to only add another 5-6 lbs through the eating season and am currently around 231-232

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I reached my weight goal last February 7th of 172.0 lbs - 40 lbs lost. After the holidays, I'm now at 175.6 lbs so I have some work to do to return to goal but considering that I'm pretty close - I'll take it!

I just returned from the gym, so I am perfect exercising in 2014.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I just returned from the gym, so I am perfect exercising in 2014.

Awesome! One day at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRdallen View Post
    I reached my weight goal last February 7th of 172.0 lbs - 40 lbs lost. After the holidays, I'm now at 175.6 lbs so I have some work to do to return to goal but considering that I'm pretty close - I'll take it!
    I have pants that way more than 175lbs. lol.

I'll keep them simple. Make scads of money, drink more, sex filled weekends with sci fi babes. Same as every year.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Be the first Regent/Mayor in the history of the state. (Done as of today) Eat more bacon. Be kinder. (I suspect a direct relation).
    Last edited by bigsky; 01-01-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Eating more bacon is a resolution I can get behind.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Eating more bacon is a resolution I can get behind.
    +1

1. Be healthier. Move my body more, track what I eat/exercise on My Fitness Pal, get more sleep (lol at the last one).

2. Be more patient. When I get stressed I act in ways that I don't see as the real me. Life's going to be hectic, but I don't have to go around being Mr. Cranky Pants as a result. At least not as much.

3. Be a better family member/friend. I find it's easy for me to get to the end of the week/month/etc. and been so busy with my day-to-day that I've not kept touch with the people who really matter.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I have two...feel free to make me accountable throughout the year.

1. Be nicer to myself
    2. Lose 75 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    I have two...feel free to make me accountable throughout the year.

1. Be nicer to myself
    2. Lose 75 lbs
    You can't do one (#2) if your doing the other (#1).

uploadfromtaptalk1390233151171.jpg

Darrell that's hysterical!!!!!

I am starting the process tonight, I'm starting my "get in cardio shape". I got weigh laid for the early part of the year so I'm officially behind, but now their are no more excuses for me.

Excuse #1 - I started the year with the upper respiratory, sinus, head, chest cold that's been crisscrossing the country that lingered for about two weeks.
    Excuse #2 - We had an unexpected death in the family (sis-law wife's side) that required a lot of family time.

Now that I can breath I'll get on the elliptical until I think my heart is going to explode (1-3 minutes), which I'll continue for the next 5-7 days until I can make it 15 minutes, then increase it every other day by 5 minutes until I can go as long as I want. (40 minutes max)