Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Thanks, Jurich, Pitino, and Jim Host

Thanks, Jurich, Pitino, and Jim Host

Standard & Poor's has officially downgraded the bonds on the Yum Center to JUNK. Any financial institutions operating in Kentucky that hold any of these bonds will have to dump them since they can't hold junk bonds under state law.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Re: Thanks, Jurich, Pitino, and Jim Host

Exactly what Jurich wants. This whole thing was engineered to put the arena in UL's hands by him and others. Yum will eventually be forced into bankruptcy and UL has a locked in buyout option. Hell of a thing when a landlord agrees to a deal where your primary tenant has control over your bookings and a huge financial incentive to drive you into ruin by giving them a fixed buyout if you go belly up.

IMO it's gross negligence by city officials and actionable. The people of Louisville need to sue/prosecute the mayor and council as well as UL and Host. If I were state Attorney General they would be getting a major rectal exam of an investigation into possible ethics violations and fraud.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Every time I think about the whole fiasco I get a little sick and I think that's how a lot of Louisville residents feel--at least the ones that aren't such die-hard UL fans that they have their heads buried in the sand. I've said it before, but they managed to get the taxpayers to build them a new arena and had a whole bunch of them rejoicing about it. People are sheep and they pulled the wool over the sheep's eyes.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

I expected much more from Jim Host. But this deal is reprehensible and I would feel the same way if UK had done something like this.

For all the trash talk (some good natured and some not) between the fan bases the YUM deal demonstrates that UofL is truly an enemy to the Commonwealth and has done a great disservice to the citizens of Kentucky and certainly Jefferson County.

It is criminal what has taken place. Downright criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    I expected much more from Jim Host.
    He has the big rep but I could spend a few hours telling you all I know about him and how much of a complete low life he is, and also how political he is and not otherwise good at business. He got his out of the deal, that's as far as he sees.

Trust me, you'd be appalled. He's a real piece of work, and by work I mean crap.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.