Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: How many tabs are too many to have open on Firefox at the same time?

How many tabs are too many to have open on Firefox at the same time?

Just counted, and I have 58 open. I have no idea why. Maybe if I turned the laptop off now and then I wouldn't have all of them open.

This is an old Dell Latitude laptop. Seems to be handling it ok, but I've gotta believe I'm stretching the limit. Maybe not--I don't know how that stuff works.

Re: How many tabs are too many to have open on Firefox at the same time?

Your firefox holds up better than mine though they did seem to change the code so tabs you haven't accessed stop running ajax etc. I was using Opera till just a few weeks ago but their new version is awful for computer based browsing. They licensed google's rendering engine which is fine but set it up targeted to pads and such so they stripped out a bunch of features. Bookmarks is a biggie. So I moved back over to Firefox. I keep 10-12 open on it at most, but no doubt during a research run I'll have 20+ and see how it holds up.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I've been using Chrome forever, but have had a rash of crashes and it became annoying. Usually with 8-10 tabs open. So I went back to Firefox, and it seems to be working better for me.

I closed 32 of those tabs right after I posted. It was ridiculous and unnecessary to have that many open.

Sent using Forum Runner

I have the same issue with Chrome but I couldn't get gmail to work on Firefox with Windows 7. Chrome crashes and I get this square frowning face saying, He's dead Jim, and when I use the scroll wheel on my mouse the screen zooms in and out so I have to reboot. Has Firefox resolved its issues with gmail?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    I have the same issue with Chrome but I couldn't get gmail to work on Firefox with Windows 7. Chrome crashes and I get this square frowning face saying, He's dead Jim, and when I use the scroll wheel on my mouse the screen zooms in and out so I have to reboot. Has Firefox resolved its issues with gmail?

I've never had a problem with gmail on Firefox. I have several gmail accounts, they have all worked fine for me, but who knows if I'm doing something wrong, right, or just lucky?

Coincidentally, I am, however, on Chrome here at the office now. For some reason, Chrome does not work very well at home, but it works fine at the office. I don't know why. I attribute it to Gremlins. At home, I was receiving the same message you are with Chrome.