Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky v Florida GAME THREAD

Kentucky v Florida GAME THREAD

One can always hope.

Go Cats!

Re: Kentucky v Florida GAME THREAD

Morgan Newton may see playing time today, depending on Maxwell Smith's shoulder.

Ton of empty seats in Gainesville.

Also, will be live-tweeting much of the game as well--so glance at the Twitter feed, or better yet, follow at @MyKSR1 if you will.

Five minutes to kickoff.

Injuries/illnesses/replacements:

Tristan Johnson will be in place of Mister Cobble at DT, who did not make the trip. Some sort of infection.

Cartier Rice also did not make the trip. True freshman Cody Quinn will play in his stead.

Hope it doesn't come to that but Florida will bang him up a great deal today, IMO. Maybe a question of playing through pain.

Interestingly, Morgan Newton chose Kentucky over Florida, as you may remember (I didn't immediately recall that myself).

Cats to kick off.

I just got home from my daughters soccer game...why is Morgan Newton in at qb??
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

One and Done

Smith's shoulder

Weird start to the game. UK's defense holds Gators to two straight 3-and-outs.

UK said today Morgan Newton may get snaps today because of Smith's shoulder, but did not explain he may start.

One and Done

Came ready to play today. 3rd time in 29 games.

Another first-quarter boycott of the end zone by the Cats - simply incredible.

One and Done

Newton is the best weapon Fla has today!!

One and Done

Time to try another QB. What wideout should we use. Worked last time.

One and Done

Wow...Morgan Newton is absolutely useless. Misses a WIDE OPEN receiver then looks at his intended receiver for about four seconds and throws a pick six. Joker may love the kid and Smith is hurt but they have to sit him and never put him back in at QB.

One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by goodycat View Post
    Wow...Morgan Newton is absolutely useless. Misses a WIDE OPEN receiver then looks at his intended receiver for about four seconds and throws a pick six. Joker may love the kid and Smith is hurt but they have to sit him and never put him back in at QB.
    Whitlow is a true Freshman but even the announcers realize he can't be any worse.

Comeback Cat

This game was winnable and then Newton trots onto field. Does the Newton family have pictures of Joker in a compromising poistion or what? I hate the other players busting their butts with zero shot of winning. I put it own Joker 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    This game was winnable and then Newton trots onto field. Does the Newton family have pictures of Joker in a compromising poistion or what? I hate the other players busting their butts with zero shot of winning. I put it own Joker 100%.

Winnable??

Smith or Newton or whatever, all this game has done so far is piss me off. The defense has played well, gotten after the QB and stopped the run for the most part and the offense has ran well. If they had done just those three things earlier UK would be 3 -0 whether we could pass the damn ball or not. And Smith would be healthy because we would not have been throwing the ball a zillion times a game with him getting hit a dozen times. How in the world could UK be in Floridas backfield all quarter and not be able to put pressure on Bridgewater?

I'm glad I don't have a cat in the house. I would have punted him by now.

It makes no sense. Why would they spend so much time talking about Jalen Whitlow in the pre-season and then not play him now? If Newton's back under center in the second half, Joker has given up, which would be a shame because his players haven't.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

One and Done

So limited what you can do with Newton under center.

And some outsiders, say potential coaches are looking at UK and going "what a waste of personnel".

Rupp's Runt

If this weren't so sad it would be laughable.

One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    If this weren't so sad it would be laughable.
    You know Jalen Whitlow has to be one disgusted young man right now. He knows he has a chance to help his team. RE-phase, he knows if given the chance he could help his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    And some outsiders, say potential coaches are looking at UK and going "what a waste of personnel".
    It's true. UK has talent. Not Florida overall talent, but more than U of L overall and a helluva lot more than Western.

One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    It makes no sense. Why would they spend so much time talking about Jalen Whitlow in the pre-season and then not play him now? If Newton's back under center in the second half, Joker has given up, which would be a shame because his players haven't.
    This ^^^^^^ well finally and he gets to start on the 5 yd line.

CatFan appears the kids have finally followed suit.
    Last edited by BudCat_upthecreek; 09-22-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Rupp's Runt

Given the situation, what other call is there for Joker to make? Smith is hurt, Newton does give us real game experience, but honestly, what else could we expect with Smith being hurt? Yes, now Whitlow's redshirt is burned as well.
    We all knew this was going to happen. But I didn't see Smith getting hurt by WKU, of all teams, although injuries can and will happen at any time. What we're witnessing now is pretty much the sum total of most of what most of us have experienced as Kentucky football fans. Sad, sad state of affairs.

Rupp's Runt

Game over. Kentucky loses to Florida big, yet again. This time 38-0. But what else can we expect with Morgan Newton at QB for us. No other real choice though, so I guess it's on to play South Carolina next week.
    I am just way beyond discouraged right now, as I would guess many other Kentucky fans are as well.

I hate it for Joker and am very upset (to say the least) at those who put him in this position. Sadly, that includes even Coach Brooks.

Other than that I am just not interested in UK football anymore. I want success for them but until there is some inkling that hints the Wildcats are becoming a decent division one program, I have no interest. i would be more interested if they dropped to a lower division and tried to compete there.

If it were just football (as it is for some SEC programs) a two team expansion was not needed...the replacement of UK would have sufficed
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-22-2012 at 03:07 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain