Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: For you golfers out there

For you golfers out there

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I loved that, Dan, thanks.

Sent using Forum Runner

Unforgettable

Re: For you golfers out there

That's the kind of shot I can hit, now give me a normal chip and I will duff it 70% of the time. Thanks dan

On my home municipal course in Louisiana, the first hole had a water tower or something behind a concrete wall. The wall was angled toward the first green. We routinely would aim shots at the concrete wall if we hit a push or fade under the trees on the right side of the fairway, because it was a safer shot and would ricochet toward the green.

Unfortunately, the angle wasn't perfect towards the green, but it would place it immediately adjacent to the green if you hit it correctly. Of course, I had several times where my shot went too high and flew directly over the wall, but after awhile, you learn to hit a low punch shot to make that shot work.

The course was a little nine hole municipal course where my mom used to drop my brother and I off in the morning during the summer, and we would literally play it all day long. It would not be unusual for me to play that hole four or 5 times a day. And even if your shot didn't go on the right side, we use to like to play that shot for fun. Really, as I think about it now, I'm not even sure it was the most appropriate shot to take since it had to be a punch shot anyway. Why not just punch it immediately toward the green? But it was fun.

Sent using Forum Runner
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-05-2013 at 10:02 AM.