Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Bombino

Amazon proposes delivery by drone

Tonight in a 60 minutes interview Jeff Bezos announced the companies next innovation. Home delivery by autonomous drone. This is currently not allowed but they are working with the FAA to get it approved.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...rone-delivery/

I think this is a very interesting idea. I can imagine a truck pulls into a neighborhood, off go the drones to deliver to all the houses in the neighborhood. Instead of the truck driving from house to house.

Or in this case, the goal is delivery in thirty minutes. Yeah you read that right, not same day, same freaking hour.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 12-01-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Re: Amazon proposes delivery by drone

I saw that and thought it looked very cool. However, I'll be surprised if he ever gets FAA approval for potentially thousands of drones operating autonomously in U.S. airspace. Politically that will be a tough sell, and unfortunately these issues often come down to politics.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Unforgettable

Can you imagine all those things flying around at the same time, hitting kids out playing, dogs, cats, grandma who is out to get the paper and can't move fast enough, hitting planes, cars, trucks, causing wreaks for people watching them instead of the road.

Cool, yes, safe no

Let us assume that they are used in an area where no building is over 100 feet tall, and they are programmed with exact (down to 6 inches of a specific point) and also coded to fly no higher than 110 feet. They also contain object avoidance programming. I can certainly see it working as they want it to. The delivery might wind up in your yard instead of your front porch if you have a screened porch, but hey you wanted it to arrive quickly.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Can you imagine all those things flying around at the same time, hitting kids out playing, dogs, cats, grandma who is out to get the paper and can't move fast enough, hitting planes, cars, trucks, causing wreaks for people watching them instead of the road.

Cool, yes, safe no
    And that is not the only problem I can see with this. How do we know that there won't be a police/government agency camera on board these things with an ulterior motive for such operations? They're spying on everyone right now, and have pretty much brazenly admitted it while smiling in our faces. What stops them from taking this next step?
    And what's next? Domino's or Papa John's delivering pizza pies in this manner?
    MOLON LABE!

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/04/tech...s-pizza-drone/

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Unforgettable

You know if democrats remain in control they would force Amazon to allow cameras

and Dan, they can program what they want but if it is a computer and a machine it can screw up

And that is not the only problem I can see with this. How do we know that there won't be a police/government agency camera on board these things with an ulterior motive for such operations? They're spying on everyone right now, and have pretty much brazenly admitted it while smiling in our faces. What stops them from taking this next step?

Well, I must say, the fact that seems like a problem to you gives me some hope. I think I've picked up from watching things go by that you are in law enforcement? And until now I've pretty much assumed that all or nearly all law enforcement people would be in favor of such things. So good for you if you're not.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/288612071...deliver-gifts/

has some video of the test device.

I think that town out West issuing drone hunting licenses wont be alone.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Be able to hunt them with tennis racquets, ball bats, golf clubs, or a bull whip
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

elicat- yes, I am a law enforcement officer, and have been for over 35 years. And I do not like what I am seeing in the job at all.
    Not enough distinction between the police and the military, especially on the federal level. We're seeing a very distinct blurring of the lines with regard to Posse Comitatus, which is very dangerous. I do not like seeing military being used in support of police unless it is an emergency of the highest order. Just too much that can go wrong, because the actual jobs, training, and rules of engagement are all of a different nature and the purposes are not the same.
    MOLON LABE!