Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Turkey Frying Instructions

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Turkey Frying Instructions

That's pretty freakin' funny.

I fried one, did it on my stove in my house, but I'm not flippant about any cooking and know how to deep fry without blowing things up. People put them in wet or not totally thawed (which means ice which means water), the oil boils over and hits the open flame. I'm sure some also just drop it in and splash oil everywhere. I wired mine so I could control it completely and lowered it in. I also have a pot even bigger than a usual turkey pot so I had a lot of safety margin in it.

I have subsequently bought a dedicated fryer and next one I do I'll probably do it outside but it's about the btus for the unit. The stove I had at that time was low power, have one now that is high power but still nothing like the burner on a good turkey fryer. It gets the oil hotter quicker but mostly maintains temperature when you put in the bird, even if you've let it come to temp the weaker burners won't manage it.

I'd for sure not use a 40,000 btu fryer unit in the house though. I'm not THAT crazy.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm not THAT crazy.
    That is debatable.

Sent using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    That is debatable.

Sent using Forum Runner
    It could be a split decision for sure. There's just no upside to frying a turkey in your living room that I've come up with yet.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    It could be a split decision for sure. There's just no upside to frying a turkey in your living room that I've come up with yet.
    There's a bottle of vodka on the coffee table next to the stripper pole??
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    There's a bottle of vodka on the coffee table next to the stripper pole??
    True, but I can still get up to check the turkey now and again. No reason to risk a fire and burning up the bar.