Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: OT: If you're not at high school football tonight, watch Baylor at ULM, ESPN 8pm ET

OT: If you're not at high school football tonight, watch Baylor at ULM, ESPN 8pm ET

Not often I get a chance to see my alma mater play, and I can't remember the last time I saw them play in Monroe. After having been disappointed so many times, I come in to the game negatively, expecting them to lay an egg tonight with the nation watching. They have had two good runs, but against Arkansas, it was against a very poorly coached team who only had their starting QB play for one half, and against Auburn, the jury might be out on the quality of the coach, but the team is not good. And we still lost.

Anyway, I have a rare night where I do not have kids' activities, not going to high school football, and will be watching. I'm hoping it's an entertaining game. Game is at Malone Stadium, which only seats 30,500, and is an unusual stadium--it looks half finished. One side, the home side, looks like a real football stadium. The East side for the visitors almost looks like a high school stadium visitor's side.

Tonight is "white-out" night, and hopefully everybody will be engaged. Here's a "home grown" t-shirt someone created for their little group.

Attachment 529
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: OT: If you're not at high school football tonight, watch Baylor at ULM, ESPN 8pm

Good luck to your ULM boys tonight D!!! Isn't it ironic that they are a "underdog" to OleDon's Baylor Bears. I'll be switching between that game and the high school game on ESPN2. Louisville Trinity vs Indianapolis Cathedral.
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

Re: OT: If you're not at high school football tonight, watch Baylor at ULM, ESPN 8pm

I will tune in. What does a Warhawk look like anyway?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Can not believe they overturned that and called it an incomplete pass. No way they should have overturned the ruling on the field
    seeya
    dan

TD Warhawks. Nice
    seeya
    dan

Its earley but they look ready. More than i can say about our team.

2nd int for ULM. Glad I am getting to see them play.
    seeya
    dan

Brilliant
    seeya
    dan

Touchdown ULM 14-0
    seeya
    dan

TD Baylor 14-7
    seeya
    dan

48 yard run up the gut for touchdown ULM

21-7
    seeya
    dan

Touchdown Baylor. 21-14 8 mins left in the half ( I think) ;-)
    seeya
    dan

Fumble by ULM and Baylor ties it on a 50 yard pass play. All tied 21 apiece
    seeya
    dan

FG Baylor to end the half 24-21 Baylor
    seeya
    dan

58 yard TD for ULM. 28-24
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by Lfbj00 View Post
    Good luck to your ULM boys tonight D!!! Isn't it ironic that they are a "underdog" to OleDon's Baylor Bears. I'll be switching between that game and the high school game on ESPN2. Louisville Trinity vs Indianapolis Cathedral.
    I have smiled thinking about that myself.

ULM was outmanned, and fell by 5. Probably outmanned on the same order UK was outmanned to Florida today.

I like Kolton Browning a lot, and their RBs are good, but it's a case of heart, scheming, and maximizing what you have. They're still 1-2, and the win against Arkansas is looking very weak now. I would not be surprised to see them fail to finish in the top 3 of the Sun Belt Conference, with Western Ky and Troy both being leading candidates to beat them, and another one could slip in.

But still, they've played 3 competitive games against two SEC teams and a Big 12 team who has won 9 consecutive games now. That's not all bad. Wish UK was playing the same way with our players. We'd be no worse than 3-1 now if we did (IMHO).