Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Any Black Friday shopping deals you're getting?

I'm sure we will get out some Friday, but I don't think there are any big ticket items we're looking for. May be the most boring one we've had in a long time.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Re: Any Black Friday shopping deals you're getting?

Same here and the first time in 15 years Grammy gets to have a Black Friday off.
    I wanted to just stay in and enjoy a fire and some cocoa, not in her world.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I'm looking to get my 12 year old son an electric drum set. Guitar Center has a Simmons model on sale right now for $249...the one on Black Friday is about 2to3 steps up for $299. I'm just not sure I want to fight the crowds to get it. I hate people!!! (Except you guys!!)

Anybody who plays drums and has a suggestion...please post cause I'm a complete idiot on the subject. The boy gets his musical talent from his mama, she plays piano. I can't hum in tune!!
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

Rupp's Runt

I finished all of my Christmas shopping back in September. Of course, Mrs. Suncat05 hasn't even started yet, but that's on her. And my kids? Who knows...........but I will not be carrying myself out in all of that weather with all of those chowderheads while she looks at every single item in the store, turns it over twice, and then moves on to the next item while yakking about God only knows what with whichever one of her friends is with her on the excursion.
    I hate shopping!
    MOLON LABE!

Was going to start a black friday thread for Darrell but I guess he is on top of it.

I got my deal 2 days ago. Our poolside TV went out on Sunday so we have to replace it. Scored a 40 inch 1080 HD LED TV for a mere $287.00 delivered.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lfbj00 View Post
    I'm looking to get my 12 year old son an electric drum set. Guitar Center has a Simmons model on sale right now for $249...the one on Black Friday is about 2to3 steps up for $299. I'm just not sure I want to fight the crowds to get it. I hate people!!! (Except you guys!!)

Anybody who plays drums and has a suggestion...please post cause I'm a complete idiot on the subject. The boy gets his musical talent from his mama, she plays piano. I can't hum in tune!!

Most places now have black friday on line and allow you to do it before friday (which is what happened on my post above). HH Gregg is one that you can do it.

As for the drums, or any musical instrument-- try Musicians Friend. Typically they will have the best price plus 12 months interest free.

Alesis DM for $299
    Last edited by Doc; 11-26-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

As a "black friday" deal, here is a simmons that MSRP is $500.00, on sale for $199.00

Will sit down tomorrow and think/look at it, but gone are the days of cutting out the ads from the sales paper by store, stapling them to a piece of cardboard, and farming out the kids to various stores with the cardboard-stapled ads, in order of desireability/store geography looking for deals.

We may still do it for old time sake. It was a lot of fun. I usually sat at home on the computer, doing the online sale (Staples was a big one for us--it opened at 6 a.m. CT, but their online opened at 5 a.m. CT) and having a spreadsheet open for items we wanted to get checked off as a child/spouse obtained it, maintaining telephone contact with all.

So much fun.

Doc's right--there are so many that do it online now, and so many that have "Black Friday" week, you can find some good deals without doing that.

By the way, there are some good "Black Friday" apps out there, too--can sort by store, by item, do a search, have a list, etc.

I downloaded 2 yesterday, and spent 10 minutes with it and developed a "list" of things so I could talk to my wife about what we needed for kids, ourselves, etc.

Here are some items of interest I found from just skimming that app--

Dell Inspiron laptop $177.99 - Best Buy (Dell has the same one or similar for $199)
    Amazon Kindle Fire $99.99 - Best Buy
    Asus 11.6 touch-screen laptop $249.99 - Best Buy

Element 50" 1080p LED HDTV - $229 - Target

Sentry Safe 1.2-cu ft digital - $89 - Walmart

Those are all about 1/2 price (purportedly). There are a bunch more, just a handful I clicked on semi-randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    As a "black friday" deal, here is a simmons that MSRP is $500.00, on sale for $199.00

Thanks Doc. This is the exact one that Guitar Center has on sale today for
    $249. I guess I'm going out after work Friday morning...crap!!!
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

Thanks Doc. This is the exact one that Guitar Center has on sale today for
    $249. I guess I'm going out after work Friday morning...crap!!!

Order on line. IIRC its free shipping on any order over $99.00

FYI, I'm fairly sure that Guitar Center and Musician's Friend are the same company. MF is just the internet version with lower prices because of lower overhead

iPod touch for $229 - 5% for using Target card tied to bank account, + get something like 4% cash back from Target and a $50 gift card is the best we've found of things on the shopping list. And got that online today.

I think there's a coat or something where my wife is claiming we're saving a gazillion dollars on it from some store, and she got that online, too.

Looking at laptops for oldest daughter, and maybe a Nexus tablet for another one but not a whole lot otherwise.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I will be sleeping past 5:45am for the first time since June of this year. Best deal of all

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    I will be sleeping past 5:45am for the first time since June of this year. Best deal of all
    I'm almost disappointed to be able to say the same thing.

Sent using Forum Runner

I'm up the ladder, down the ladder, up the ladder, down the ladder.......all day tomorrow hanging lights, hopefully Mrs. boss will hit stores so I don't get the "can you come down here for a second and get me a blah, blah, blah"...
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Sigh. Mrs. C. talked me into heading out tonight. We waited for the initial burst to take place, then into the stores we go, about 80 minutes later. Looking for smaller items, less popular I guess.

Target currently.

Sent using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Sigh. Mrs. C. talked me into heading out tonight. We waited for the initial burst to take place, then into the stores we go, about 80 minutes later. Looking for smaller items, less popular I guess.

Target currently.

Sent using Forum Runner
    May God help you!!
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Staples briefly, now at Walmart. Pretty quiet, actually.

Sent using Forum Runner

Dick's Sporting Goods now. Not doing much damage.

Sent using Forum Runner

Ordered the drum set online from Guitar Center for the sale price and had it shipped to Mamaw's house for free...thanks Doc!!

The wife and her sister went out into the madness last night. She took me home so I could watch my Cowboys win again!!!!, and off they went. She was texting me off an on, and I cannot believe ANY sane person would get mixed up in that crap!! But I did end up with a 32" RCA for the bedroom...hehehe!!

I slept till 9:00 this morning. No amount of bargain shopping was worth the extra sleep I had

I think my oldest daughter went out this morning, but nobody else did. Wife is about ready to head out for some miscellaneous things, including a Defiant flashlight for me. $19.77, 650 lumens, 3D cell. Not sure that is "the" flashlight, but the reviews on it are crazy good, and for that price, how could you not like it?

Sent using Forum Runner

Ordered the drum set online from Guitar Center for the sale price and had it shipped to Mamaw's house for free...thanks Doc!!

The wife and her sister went out into the madness last night. She took me home so I could watch my Cowboys win again!!!!, and off they went. She was texting me off an on, and I cannot believe ANY sane person would get mixed up in that crap!! But I did end up with a 32" RCA for the bedroom...hehehe!!

Instruments are always tough to order on line. Drums not so much but I like to play an instrument to get the feel. Heck, even the same model of guitar feels different, esp the higher priced ones. I've got a fender P-bass, played a few before purchasing it and could tell the difference. Got mine from MF but fretted (LOL) over doing so because I didn't have the actual bass in hand.