Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Bluetooth lost items locator

Bluetooth lost items locator

I love this idea. Reviews on them are very mixed, but think I'm going to get the "StickNFind" one and give it a try.

http://www.mobilemag.com/2012/11/30/...ocator-system/

I think you can get two discs for about $25 each, or 4 for about $80 total. I'll get two and see if it works well. Supposed to use the low energy bluetooth, works on a watch battery for 12 months, and has a "clear" range of about 100 feet. For my purposes, I'd put it on my wife's tablet, and maybe my keys. The range is almost irrelevant for those uses. You download a free app to your phone and pair it with the sticker. Can add up to 20 stickers to track. Wish I could get about 10 of them for $100, but it gets pretty pricey.

https://www.sticknfind.com/default.aspx

There's a really cool one, but it's much more expensive--uses GPS technology outdoors, works up to 1/2 mile, but it's for $89 each.

Anybody use these?

Re: Bluetooth lost items locator

Don't use them. What happens if you misplace your phone?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Phone is almost always attached to me. It happens, but it's rare. It's why you'll see a post from me on the board at 2 a.m. and again at 6 a.m.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Don't use them. What happens if you misplace your phone?
    Get one for another phone, and connect its sticker to your phone?

"Practically, it was more like a Roman army decimation -- a brutally harsh punishment levied by a ruthless hegemon, an act with a message: Don't mess with us.”

- Eamonn Brennan, ESPN