Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Next weeks Poll

Next weeks Poll

If Sparty loses tonight to Columbia or even if they don't how far do we slip after losing to the #2??
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Next weeks Poll

Are you asking where we SHOULD slip, meaning based on a subjective form of "logic" or what will the typically biased pollsters do with a Kentucky team that BARELY lost to a far more experienced #2?

I don't think we should fall past #3, but I admit my bias (yet I DO believe this is logical, regardless). Betcha at least one poll drops us to 5, but probably no lower than 4.

1. UL
    2. KU
    3. Ariz.
    4. UK
    5. Duke

MSU would drop to barely Top 10 if they were to lose to Columbia… they are NOT the Ivy League program that is "competitive", although I admit not knowing ANYTHING about CU.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

MSU will win, and the polls will be:

1. MSU
    2. UL
    3. Kansas
    4. Kentucky
    5. Duke

Darryl

Should remain well inside the top 10 imo. Only Duke***, KU, MSU and UK have played any top competition. The rest of the current top 10 have played cupcakes.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Based on who the current top five have played IMO I would think MSU and KY would just flip flop, same with KU and dook. Has Ul played a D1 school yet?
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I guess it depends on what you think of Hofstra and Cornell
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable

[MSU
    KU
    UK
    Duke

QUOTE=blueboss;125379]Based on who the current top five have played IMO I would think MSU and KY would just flip flop, same with KU and dook. Has Ul played a D1 school yet?[/QUOTE]

I think U of L will jump us. Cats 4th I'd wager

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

UL should get no credit for playing that crappy schedule.

@chrissolari: Izzo: team is reading its clippings. Says "we're not ready to handle any kind of success" and hopes Kansas wins in a blowout to get No. 1.

Sent using Forum Runner

I like how MSU has played about 12 min of good basketball this week, but they're going to be ranked #1.

Fiddlin' Five

[QUOTE=jazyd;125420][MSU
    KU
    UK
    Duke

UL will be #2, that is the way polls work, KU may be #2 because they beat Duke, UK 4 or 5, could be even 6th. I don't like being #1 anyway, the kids fall into that belief.

I just took a peek at duh-villes schedule, and they got nothing on the schedule and won't be slipping until we see them to the door with their feathers tucked. Love to see them ranked #1 when they show up at Rupp.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I just took a peek at duh-villes schedule, and they got nothing on the schedule and won't be slipping until we see them to the door with their feathers tucked. Love to see them ranked #1 when they show up at Rupp.
    They won't be. Mich St's schedule isn't that much better.

Next weeks Poll

They have to play Columbia again do they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Based on who the current top five have played IMO I would think MSU and KY would just flip flop, same with KU and dook. Has Ul played a D1 school yet?
    Agree due to logic, but as we know logic & BIAS is exactly what will make us wrong. Still should be hard to put us past #5.

IMHO these young kids needed the kick in the teeth because they want the title. Now they know just how much extra work & learning it will take to win it all. Me thinks they put in the extra to be the best they can be. "I liken it to sitting Walker in 96"