Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Dog advice needed

Bombino

Dog advice needed

So we gave our dog a bath today and afterwards she seemed fine. I dried her as usual, then went out to run an errand and get my haircut. Come home she is deathly afraid of me. She's shivering (she peed on the floor when I went to pick her up). If I try to call her, she just looks at me tail between her legs. I tried to pet her and she just hunkers down and yelps if I touch her much. I've put her in her kennel for now since she seems happy in there when healthy. Not at ALL sure whats going on. This is 100% spontaneous and out of the blue. Just wanted to see if any of you have encountered this before. The dog is a 5.5lb yorkie mutt that is a former abused stray.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 11-03-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Re: Dog advice needed

I know squat about dogs but my first question is has she had baths before I assume? If so my next stupid guess is you came back with a smell that set her off, but hopefully Doc will see this and give some advice actually worth something.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Interesting. Perhaps something odd happened while out. Give it a couple days. If persisted the have her checked out and if normal then anti anxiety drugs like amytriptaline might be needed
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Had you taken any mood altering drugs while you were out? Back in the day I heard a story about a friend of friend, who had been at a party and taken LSD and when he got home his dog barked and growled at him as if he was a stranger entering the house. The guy was freaked out (on several different levels) so he left and came back the next day and the dog was fine.

I always assumed it was a true story...
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Back in CitizenBBN's wild days (last week), he had a similar experience. Gave his dog a bath, left, and came back and the dog would have nothing to do with him. Barked at him, growled, snapped at him. He ran upstairs and locked the door, and passed out on the bed.

Woke up the next morning, and realized he was in the wrong house.

Pedro, have you been influenced by CitizenBBN again?

Nice Darrell!
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Maybe the wrong house that CBBN went in was Pedro's. That dog will never be right.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Oh man, I remember that. Well, I remember the hearing for the restraining order I had on Friday. You think justice isn't fast? Let someone find you laid out naked across their sectional sofa with your car keys in your backside trying to explain that you think she wont' start b/c she's flooded and see how fast they get you arraigned. it's not like I killed anyone. Even the dog was fine. No it wasn't a hairless breed before, but those things cost a lot of money, they should thank me for its hair falling out from the stress. How many hairless St. Bernards are there? It's a great conversation starter.

It wasn't Pedro's house though. I know b/c when you do stuff across state lines they take you to a different court building. Trust me, I know. Like I care that I'm not allowed back in Iowa. Those guys cannot take a joke, but they do make a mean Boilermaker.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 11-04-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Oh Jesus I just peed myself laughing!!!!
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

Bombino

Ok this whole thread made me laugh heavily. An update, talked to a family friend who is a vet and he said she sounds like she's in pain of some sort. Said to give her 20mg of aspirin. So I have her in the morning, came home yesterday after work. The old dog is back. No sign off the strange beast today either. So I doubt she was in pain otherwise one side of aspirin would not have been enough. Basically I think my dog is just plum crazy. Oh well she fits right in then.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Glad you guys are amused. This ankle restraint chafes.

Legal question for you guys. Can a judge really issue a restraining order for "anyplace that civilized people live, work or gather"? It cuts me down to just my regular bar spots and UL games. Well and this place.

Hmmmm....you might want to check with them and see if you're allowed to go to Church. It might solve a lot of your problems.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Glad you guys are amused. This ankle restraint chafes.

Legal question for you guys. Can a judge really issue a restraining order for "anyplace that civilized people live, work or gather"? It cuts me down to just my regular bar spots and UL games. Well and this place.
    Uh, YES!
    MOLON LABE!

Dog advice needed

So CBBN, what kind of aspirin did you give the dog ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk