Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie quotes

Re: Movie quotes

Hint, it is from a John Wayne movie...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I got your back. Just getting here.

I'ts from "The Quiet Man", John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. Said by Michaleen Og Flynn when he shows up as matchmaker for Mary Kate. Happens to be one of my very favorite movies.

An easy one:

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Another easy one:

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Movie quotes

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    The Outlaw Josey Wales

Another easy one:

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
    The Godfather..

We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

When you come to shoot, shoot - don't talk.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    When you come to shoot, shoot - don't talk.
    Always knew you were a scofflaw at heart. You have to answer the quote above to post the next one. BTW, I like scofflaws.

Above is Outlaw Josie Wales. Yours is from The Good The Bad and the Ugly.

Let's try a slight change of pace.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?"
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Movie quotes

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Always knew you were a scofflaw at heart. You have to answer the quote above to post the next one. BTW, I like scofflaws.

Above is Outlaw Josie Wales. Yours is from The Good The Bad and the Ugly.

Let's try a slight change of pace.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?"
    The Hobbit

He's a natural born world shaker

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Movie quotes

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    The Hobbit

He's a natural born world shaker

Oooops

Cool Hand Luke

I'll get out of my wheelhouse a bit.
    Something fairly recent...maybe entice some new blood...

Actor 1: It's okay, I'm a friend of your son's.
    Actor 2: I figured. The cape.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Oooops

Fellowship of the Ring

I'll give you each half credit. Technically it's from Return of the King, before they go out to march on the Black Gate, but you were close enough for me.

Don't know the one from Pappy.

It was a super movie...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    It was a super movie...
    I figure it was a DC hero film, but I haven't honestly seen any of them yet. Someone will get it.

Carlotta was the kind of town where they spell trouble T-R-U-B-I-L, and if you try to correct them, they kill you.

Movie quotes

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Carlotta was the kind of town where they spell trouble T-R-U-B-I-L, and if you try to correct them, they kill you.
    Whoa.... where was Pappy's answer?

Whoa.... where was Pappy's answer?

Oops. Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Man, I gotta start watching movies....I don't know any of these.

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

God, I loved that movie. Stepping out of my comfort zone (John Wayne, Warren Oates, etc type of movies...), again.

No man has ever gotten to first base with her on the ground. But get her up in a plane, she'll bat your balls right out of the park.

But to be fair it does have Warren Oates and Ned Beatty in it...
    Last edited by BigBluePappy; 07-17-2017 at 06:48 PM. Reason: For fairness sake, not intenionally trying to misdirect anyone.

Oh, I know that one. 1941! Proving you can have two of the funniest men alive and the best producer of his age and still not make money.

Darrell may have a shot at this one:

"A real woman could stop you from drinking."
    "It would have to be a real big woman."

Oh, that sounds familiar. But I'm clueless. Man... I keep stalking this thread waiting for one I know, and I just don't know many.

Aww, crud. I looked it up. I did know that one, dang it. All I needed to do was think about the quote a little and it made sense, too.

Don't dumb it down for me. Eventually I'll find one I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Oh, that sounds familiar. But I'm clueless. Man... I keep stalking this thread waiting for one I know, and I just don't know many.
    Be grateful. I'm a treasure trove of useless information, and I forget everything actually important or useful to my success.

I've just always been bad about watching television or even reading books that are for fun, for entertainment. I do it so casually I'm not sure it registers that well. But in fairness, it has been many years since I saw the movie you mentioned. I can forget a lot in that time period.

I don't watch much, and watch far less than I did growing up, but it seems to just stick there in my head. The important stuff doesn't seem to stick nearly as well, lol.

With movies it's a strength for these things that I tend to watch ones I like over and over, so it gets pretty stuck in there. Honestly with the movie in question I wouldn't remember most of the lines now, but that one stuck with me for some reason. Mostly the contrast between the characters.

Movie quotes

Oh, I know that one. 1941! Proving you can have two of the funniest men alive and the best producer of his age and still not make money.

Darrell may have a shot at this one:

"A real woman could stop you from drinking."
    "It would have to be a real big woman."
    Arthur... I just watched it again about a week ago

She was a comely young woman and not without prospects. Therefore it was heartbreaking to her mother that she would enter into a marriage with a known thief and murderer...a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition.

I kind of cheated, I was just watching this movie... it's from the prologue.

Last edited by blueboss; 07-18-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Unforgiven.
    I had it on DVR and watched (re-watched) it last night.

I've been called a lot of things, but not "comfortable"!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Unforgiven.
    I had it on DVR and watched (re-watched) it last night.

I've been called a lot of things, but not "comfortable"!
    John Wayne in Rio Lobo. Had to think a minute, I always get Rio Lobo and Rio Bravo confused.

"Everyone gets everything he wants."

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

I got your back. Just getting here.

I'ts from "The Quiet Man", John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. Said by Michaleen Og Flynn when he shows up as matchmaker for Mary Kate. Happens to be one of my very favorite movies.

An easy one:

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
    outlaw Josey Wales. My favorite Clint Eastwood movie.

Rupp's Runt

Question: What is best in life?

Answer: Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Question: What is best in life?

Answer: Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!
    Too easy Drill Sergeant.

Conan the Barbarian. (I hear they're looking at a new Conan movie with Arnold, if done right I hope they do it, I really like that movie, and Destroyer likewise was just truly awful)

History got one of my older ones rather than the one I did above, going to try it one more time just b/c I'm curious if anyone knows this film as well as I do (I'm confident in our age range I'm not nearly alone):

"Everyone gets everything he wants."