Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Movie quotes

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Re: Movie quotes

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    That was Michael Clayton was it not?

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."
    Michael Clayton. One of my favorite movies of all time. Just seems to be a perfect film. Well done.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Caddyshack! Very quotable.

How about this one:

"I've done some bad things in my life, Nicolai...things I'm not proud of. I promised someone I love very much that I would never go back to being that person. But for you, I'm going to make an exception."
    Denzel Washington starred in it. equalizer.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Star Tre.... Just kidding, Star Wars! That was a long time ago.
    Don't forget in a galaxy far away too.

Are we waiting on a quote? I can provide another easy one if we all are. It's about the only thing I can do. Let me think for a minute and I will post one unless someone tells me I just missed it or the right person posts the question.

You know, if you're as lousy in bed as you are on the dance floor, you must be one lousy $#&*.

Oh yeah? Then why do they send me flowers the next morning?

I don't know. Maybe they thought you were dead.

Unforgettable

I am perplexed. Good quote.

You know, if you're as lousy in bed as you are on the dance floor, you must be one lousy $#&*.

Oh yeah? Then why do they send me flowers the next morning?

I don't know. Maybe they thought you were dead.
    That's an easy one???
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Movie quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    That's an easy one???
    Very popular movie, but an old one. I thought it was funny.

Lead character to a minor character on the dance floor...

Think back to around my high school days. I'm old. Movie popular then.

Saturday night fever, I think

"[Pointing to his rank insignia] What does three up and three down mean to you, airman?

[airman's answer] End of an inning?"
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-13-2017 at 01:23 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Saturday night fever, I think

"[Pointing to his rank insignia] What does three up and three down mean to you, airman?

[airman's answer] End of an inning?"
    It was Saturday Night Fever. Lot of great lines in that movie, really obnoxious stuff that gets missed b/c of the strutting and dancing and music.

this one is GOOOOODDDDD Morning Vietnam!

This should be easy, but it is absolutely one of my very favorite movie quotes (don't think I've used it yet but may have):

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

They Live.

Rowdy Roddy Piper, what an actor, underappreciated...

To Hollywood... and glory!

"Damn John Whorfin and the horse he rode in on!"

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    It was Saturday Night Fever. Lot of great lines in that movie, really obnoxious stuff that gets missed b/c of the strutting and dancing and music.
    It really did have some cool lines. One of these days I'll go back and watch it again.

Other thing that was cool about that movie. Apparently John Travolta is just a so-so dancer. But that's really him dancing. It's not magic, but apparently extremely good editing. It was a combination of 14 separate takes meshed into one flawlessly to make him appear much better than he really is.

http://www.avclub.com/article/saturd...onstrat-205280

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post

"Damn John Whorfin and the horse he rode in on!"

The Adventures of Bukaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. One of my very favorite movies! So glad I got to answer that one.

"You don't seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!"
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

It really did have some cool lines. One of these days I'll go back and watch it again.

Other thing that was cool about that movie. Apparently John Travolta is just a so-so dancer. But that's really him dancing. It's not magic, but apparently extremely good editing. It was a combination of 14 separate takes meshed into one flawlessly to make him appear much better than he really is.

http://www.avclub.com/article/saturd...onstrat-205280
    I had no idea. Very interesting.

I have a black and white art photo of him to sell. Found the photographer, it's of him in warmups in a studio, more the kind of thing he wore in the sequel. I wonder now if he was doing that just for the shoot or trying to work on things for the sequel. Age wise it puts him in that range.

The Adventures of Bukaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. One of my very favorite movies! So glad I got to answer that one.

"You don't seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!"
    Watchmen!

"Ah, yes... I knew your people, Sean. Your grandfather--he died in Australia, in a penal colony. And your father, he was a good man too."
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Watchmen!

"Ah, yes... I knew your people, Sean. Your grandfather--he died in Australia, in a penal colony. And your father, he was a good man too."
    Maybe my very favorite movie, so I'm going to jump back in quick.

The Quiet Man, John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. That line is by Ward Bond playing the priest. I love that line, very subtle in the movie, would be easy to miss.

Did you happen to watch it Saturday night? TCM was running Wayne movies, I caught it then. Great timing, needed a happy film, and I love that one.

"I'll kill you with my teacup."

Did you happen to watch it Saturday night? TCM was running Wayne movies, I caught it then. Great timing, needed a happy film, and I love that one.

C'mon Chuck, you ought to know old Cliff was watching it. Matter of fact I have it DVR'd; they don't make them like that and the Searchers anymore...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post

C'mon Chuck, you ought to know old Cliff was watching it. Matter of fact I have it DVR'd; they don't make them like that and the Searchers anymore...
    I just lucked out and came across it, got almost all of it. I actually have it on VCR, one of the few I bought back in the day.

Thought about just getting it on DVD or Blue Ray myself.

BTW, you have me stumped on the latest quote...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I haven't seen it in years but it's one of those that stick with you. John Lithgow is a riot.

Maybe my very favorite movie, so I'm going to jump back in quick.

The Quiet Man, John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. That line is by Ward Bond playing the priest. I love that line, very subtle in the movie, would be easy to miss.

"I'll kill you with my teacup."
    Yes, that was a great palate cleanser considering all the ugliness happening Saturday. She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance, The Quiet Man, The Searchers. Absolute treasures.

Re: your quote--I've got nothin'.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Man, I figured someone would get that one. The film flopped at the box office, but still thought someone else here would have the same poor taste I have in film.

it's from "Chronicles of Riddick" with Vin Diesel. If you're curious, he did then kill the guy with his teacup.

This one will be a gimmie, but we need to have it on the list:

"What we have here, is a failure to communicate."

Cool Hand Luke

"Look for them in the Valley of the Lepers, if you can recognize them."
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-15-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Well, this is easy, but it is one of my all-time favorites from long ago, so I'll use it anyway.

"What we have here...is a failure to communicate."
    Man, I figured someone would get that one. The film flopped at the box office, but still thought someone else here would have the same poor taste I have in film.

it's from "Chronicles of Riddick" with Vin Diesel. If you're curious, he did then kill the guy with his teacup.

This one will be a gimmie, but we need to have it on the list:

"What we have here, is a failure to communicate."
    So good it had to be done twice .

(I didn't remember either. I actually was thinking, "oh, I know that one!" )

So good it had to be done twice .

(I didn't remember either. I actually was thinking, "oh, I know that one!" )
    I worried about that and the bubblegum one they'd been done already. This is one of those that is so well known it's part of the American lexicon.

(OK, this isn't a movie quote but I just had to share this Al Pacino quote)

When he was a kid..."I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Movie quotes

Not sure where we are or who's up, but here's an easy one....

"Is that a ten gallon hat or are you just enjoying the show?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Unforgettable

I have no idea. Best Little whorehouse?