Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Doc... You feel my pain...

Due to certain circumstances, I have gone from a near-empty nester to having my cat population increase from one to four, and my child at home population increase from one to three. Maybe four. Depends on how you count. And my at-home slide puzzle parking arrangement using what I thought was going to be three tiles (cars) has changed to five daily, with occasional six and seven. And eight if my oldest daughter is in town because of school. Neighbors think I'm running a car lot out of my home. I'm thinking of putting up a sign.

I don't get it.

I just go to work, come home, and the yard, driveway and garage - not that I can use it - are covered with miscellaneous vehicles. I think I'm going to start parking my car at the office and walking home.

On the cats, I don't know what happened. We had one. My daughter found one at the CVS parking lot and rescued it. At least, that's her story. I have other ideas, but questioning it is deemed sacrilege, so I take the easy way out and just accept it. Along with the other two cats my son brought home from his apartment. The one he had. The one he *used* to have before moving back home.

Fortunately, the four cats only eat three different types of food, so you know that's easy for me to remember. Not.

My wife got irritated at me when I used a label printer to print cat names on bowls to keep it straight. Apparently the bowls were temporary. But in my house, I don't know what that word means. I think it is different for the rest of my family than how I understand it.

Two of the four cats like to play, and two are old and don't want to be bothered. One hisses and bites everybody. She's the sweet one.

Basically, sounds a lot like my family.

Tomorrow is a new day. Probably another car on the driveway. Or in the yard. Half of them have to go there anyway.

Re: Doc... You feel my pain...

changing my signature to change our luck.

Or as we call it as Casa Ambrose, Thursday...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

LOL...I feel your pain vut dont feel sorry for you. Have a beer or ten, it will feel better.

We will be going from 2 to 3 dogs either this weekend or next. Adding another English Bulldog, a rescue. Ill fill you in on the story on this rescue in a later post but he is a special one, a medical case only a veterinarian could take.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

You have more cars than I do and I do actually sell them for a living, lol.

Though I do have a few if you count those I work around for work. Somehow I ended up with 4 just for a 2 person house, plus one I'm holding b/c we're out of room at the gallery, so 5. at the gallery I currently have 4 plus the moving truck.

So we're about even, except I actually have a business selling cars (among other things), so you definitely win.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    LOL...I feel your pain vut dont feel sorry for you. Have a beer or ten, it will feel better.

We will be going from 2 to 3 dogs either this weekend or next. Adding another English Bulldog, a rescue. Ill fill you in on the story on this rescue in a later post but he is a special one, a medical case only a veterinarian could take.
    Thanks for the advice. Always better to drink under doctor's orders.

Also thanks for caring for the bulldog. Warms my cold heart that there are those with special abilities who use them to care for the animals who need it so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    so you definitely win.
    You certainly have a funny definition of "win."

Sitting at my computer this morning before I went to the office, in shorts, not such a great idea. Cat leaps up, finds my leg, then attempts to "hold on" as he slides off.

Yes, all four have their claws. We don't usually mind. We fuss when they tear up furniture, but furniture can be replaced, repaired, recovered, or lived with. I'm not so keen on replacing my leg, though.

We have one cat, a big 10 year old tom that knows better than to let me feel his claws. The other one, a little female, does the same thing trying to hold on only its usually my neck or shoulders that she's trying to hold onto. Dogs behave better. I taught her at an early age to never let me feel that she has teeth. She doesn't respect my son as much though lol.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Hey, I'm (older-age-not-critically-important) and I have aches and pains from various sources. I have two torn rotator cuffs I'm living with currently. Ya think some claws down my leg is going to bother me? Just takes my mind off shoulder pain for a bit. I should thank him.

So we are picking up a new dog next weekend. This one is yet another "rescue" so it will fit into our house as we have a rescue kid and a bunch of rescue dogs. "Speedy" (who's name will be changed to either Paker Bean or Basil Hayden since all our dogs are named after bourbons....I'm in favor of "Hayden") was owner but then they discovered he had a portal shunt which is a blood vessel that by passes his liver. The owner were unable to cover the medical cost so bulldog rescue stepped in and took him in. Well his shunt wasn't the type they initially believed, his is an intrahepatic rather than an extrahepatic (meaning inside the liver vs outside the liver). Extrahepatic carry a better surgical prognosis whereas the intrahepatic require a different surgery so he got shipped to Univ of FL where they put in a stent/coil. This is basically something that stimulates the formation of a bloodclot in the vessel (you can't get to the vessel because its inside the liver). Had the sx last month and follow up are going well. Had some post op seizures (common with shunts) and will be on life long meds ..... but we can deal with that. So we are scheduled to pick him up next weekend.

and if your interested in helping with his bills....link

This will put our dog population at 3. Of course one is really the energy of 2 dogs, but thats a whole nother story
    Last edited by Doc; 08-25-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.