Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

View Poll Results: Where will Stanley Johnson commit?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arizona

2 28.57%
  • Kentucky

4 57.14%
  • Florida

0 0%
  • Oregon

0 0%
  • USC

0 0%
  • OTHER - vote here, then post your team

1 14.29%

Thread: Test: Where will Stanley Johnson sign (Poll for week of 10/31 - 11/6)

Test: Where will Stanley Johnson sign (Poll for week of 10/31 - 11/6)

Just playing around a little with some ideas about some KSR Common Man Conjectures.

Posters Pondering?
    Posters Pontificating?
    Posters' Prognostications?
    Posters' Picks?
    Posters' Predictions?

It could be the KSR's "PP"--which could indicate we are wee-weeing all over something, I dunno. But it is catchy, huh?

Members' Muses?
    KSR Conjecture?

Have to think on that one. But thinking about doing a weekly Poll on where recruits will land. The Poll software here records the vote, and will also list the names of the posters who made the votes so you can see who has picked which school.

Since the software records the vote, and does not permit changing the vote, thought we'd just do a weekly thing. That way if information has swayed your pick one way or another, and you need to change it, you can change it with the next poll and not be locked in forever.

We could keep track, like Doc's BTO, or Stupid Underdog Picks, on how many a picker gets "right." Then award bonus points if they had it right for more than a week, two weeks, etc.

Just for fun, and typing stream-of-consciousness without really thinking it through entirely. Idea is to have fun like the 247 crystal ball, but doing it with "us"--the non-experts. The KSR Common Man.

I'm not expecting a bunch of people to pick on this one, but this is just to give a look for what it should look like. **This Poll does not count for anything -- just winding it up and giving it a whirl to see what it looks like.** This is just for a trial run. **

Might go here on the basketball board, might set up an entirely separate board for Prognostications. Just thinking out loud.

Your thoughts or comments are appreciated, too.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 10-31-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Re: Test: Where will Stanley Johnson sign (Poll for week of 10/31 - 11/6)

OK, I voted "Other," so I will post my team--

ULM (La.-Monroe) in a shocker!

Of course, that's just a joke, but wanted to show how it would work. If you click the number of votes beside the selection, it will show the person or persons who made that vote.

I have this one set to expire in 7 days, so no votes can be recorded when it expires. The idea is that once a week, a new Poll would be posted until the recruit commits.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions greatly appreciated.

Arizona is getting pretty much who they want off the West Coast. I am having to go with them

Good deal--I just saw where I can edit and "correct" a true error. For example, if somebody clicked "Kentucky" because it was next to Arizona, and saw that--we could fix it. Not sure if they'd be able to vote again (i.e., that person's vote would have to be manually counted in the thread), but all they would have to do is say,

"I messed up -- I meant to vote for Arizona, and I voted for Kentucky instead."

We could edit/fix the vote number, so the calculations shown were correct, and then have that person be recorded in addition to the ones shown on the poll later.

I voted UK on the assumption that he waits until spring to make a commitment. If he is persuaded to make a choice early then I would want to change my vote, but UK it is.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.