Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Big Bourbon Heist

Big Bourbon Heist

Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort reported 195 bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 20 year old came up missing out of a warehouse. PVW 20 year retails for around 130.00 a bottle from the distillery gift shop, the local police believe it to be an inside job.

Note to Citizen BBN: I can verify your whereabouts on Tuesday if you see that a few bottles make it my way.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...istillery?lite
    Last edited by blueboss; 10-17-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Big Bourbon Heist

lol. I saw that story, someone pulled a bottle or two from case after case. It's fetching more like $300 on the open market. No doubt it was an employee with recurring access to the storage room. The Sheriff has valued it at over $25,000, more than enough to get ATF and the feds involved and make it a very serious crime. Whoever did it better have covered themselves well or they're going to prison for a while. Felony theft, and since it hadn't had the taxes paid it's also bootlegging if he sold any of it, probably a bunch of other stuff.

I'm a vodka man myself. $25K of Kettle One wouldn't fit in my house.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

We actually did a tour of the distillery today. There were actually a few jokes by the guide about the heist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Cool. Is never done images with tapatalk

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Cool. Is never done images with tapatalk

Nice and easy, huh?

Sent using Forum Runner

You guys have probably already heard this, but the police apparently have the Bardstown HS principal on video asking a liquor store employee in Hardin County if they would be interested in buying a large quantity of Pappy Van Winkle.

I thought you had to be smart to be a principal?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Did they mention the high school principals name? I wouldn't mind getting a couple of bottles from him at a reduced price.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Did they mention the high school principals name? I wouldn't mind getting a couple of bottles from him at a reduced price.
    Me, too .

I actually do have a bottle, not opened and won't be any time soon.

Speaking of schoolhouse crimes, this from earlier this month. Its the middle school my son went to. She was one of his teachers.

HIDDEN OAKS MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER BUSTED FOR HAVING GROWHOUSE IN BASEMENT

I don't believe for a second that any high school teacher had anything to do with the Buffalo trace whiskey heist!!!

(Emphatically stated to avoid any charges of knowingly receiving stolen property charges)

Here's another, only low class in their brand selection especially compared to the Buffalo Trace heist, and easier to move.

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-r...s-stolen-booze

WAVE 3 in Louisville reported the Bardstown high school principle that was previously a suspect has been officially cleared, the sheriff in Franklin Co siad they are narrowing the list and still believe it was an inside job. They then contradicted themselves about narrowing in on the perpetrator by offering a $10,000 reward. I promise I won't say a word if I were to find a bottle or two on my front porch

Related story: http://money.msn.com/investing/news....02&id=17156902

This information is very constructive for correct planning. I like your work for providing information to the other.
    Last edited by Demelza22; 12-18-2015 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demelza22 View Post
    This information is very constructive for correct planning. I like your work for providing information to the other.
    Oh, me too. I could not have said it better myself.

Sent using Forum Runner

It does make me wonder if the theft didn't promote the brand, purposely so too. The media coverage has been off the chain on this.

These cases of bourbon were stored in the tax room (had to be if already bottled and packaged) so that means it was a huge inside job. The tax room is a physical room that all spirits and liquors are held until they are ready for shipment to their destinations. They are kept under lock and key and only so many individuals have access to those keys. Like I said, huge inside job.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I have an employee with the same last name of one of the key perps...yes they are related! I asked him to see if maybe they missed a bottle or two when he goes to the family reunion down in the country this summer.